TED- 你的居住区不应决定你的寿命

B站影视 电影资讯 2025-08-16 23:22 2

摘要:Everywhere in places that looked like mine, it was inefficient, it didn't champion quality or the end-user experience, and it just

If you look historically at food responses, the pantry model has been unchanged since the [1960s].

从历史角度看食品应对措施,自20世纪60年代以来,食品储藏模式一直未曾改变。

Everywhere in places that looked like mine, it was inefficient, it didn't champion quality or the end-user experience, and it just bothered me.

在那些与我相似的地方,处处都显得效率低下, 未能推崇质量或终端用户体验,这让我感到困扰。

I'm Dion Dawson, founder and Chief Dreamer of Dion's Chicago Dream.

我是Dion Dawson,Dion's Chicago Dream的创始人兼首席梦想家。

We're a non-profit social enterprise that focuses on providing access to healthy food, consistently, making sure that your zip code does not determine how long you live.

我们是一家非营利社会企业, 致力于持续提供健康食品的获取途径,确保您的邮政编码不会决定您的寿命长短。

We deliver a 10-pound box of fresh fruits and vegetables to more than 4,300 households in the Chicagoland region per week.

我们每周向芝加哥地区的4,300多个家庭配送一箱10磅重的新鲜水果和蔬菜。

It could be everything from a pineapple to different types of apples, citruses, Swiss chard, spinach, pomegranates.

这可能包括从菠萝到各种苹果、柑橘类水果、瑞士甜菜、菠菜、石榴等多种多样的产品。

Since 2020, we've provided a little over 3.5 million pounds of fresh produce that we've purchased, packed, and delivered.

自2020年以来,我们已经采购、打包并配送了超过350万磅的新鲜农产品。

And we've never charged any of our recipients to date.

迄今为止,我们从未向任何接受者收取费用。

Our produce and our quality is top notch.

我们的农产品品质一流。

We've never taken a single piece of donated produce.

我们从未接受过任何捐赠的农产品。

We purchase everything.

我们采购所有物品。

It may cost us a little more, but that's fine.

成本可能稍高一些,但这没关系。

You don't want to dictate what people think they deserve.

你不应强加于人,告诉他们认为自己应得什么。

If we're thinking about people living longer, healthier lives, and you want to give them the best opportunity to be healthy, you can't do that with expiring food.

如果我们考虑让人们过上更长寿、更健康的生活,并且希望为他们提供最佳的健康机会,那么就不能依赖于即将过期的食品来实现这一目标。

One of the things that we wanted to do a little different is make sure that we're talking to people.

我们想要做的一件事就是确保我们与人们进行交流。

We do a bi-weekly touchpoint where we collect scores in six different areas like ease of delivery, quality of produce, staff treatment and even stress after delivery.

我们每两周进行一次接触点评估, 收集六个不同领域的评分,包括交货便利性、农产品质量、员工待遇, 甚至交货后的压力状况。

And so we can see that we're lowering stress levels daily by more than 80 percent.

因此,我们可以看到,通过每天降低超过80%的压力水平,我们正在有效地缓解压力。

Quite simple.

非常简单。

Just serving people and delivering quality food, produce.

服务大众,提供优质食品和农产品。

When this all started, I was working overnights at Amazon.

这一切开始时,我正在亚马逊上夜班。

I knew absolutely nothing.

我对此一无所知。

I didn't know any statistics.

我对数据一无所知。

I'd never done non-profit management or grant writing.

我从未涉足过非营利组织管理或撰写资助申请。

None of it.

没有一项。

That blind ignorance will get you way further when you just don't know what you're up against.

在面对未知挑战时,那种无知的勇气反而能带你走得更远。

On Juneteenth in 2020, a Gen Z-er came up to me, that I had grown up with, and said, "Hey, what are you doing for Juneteenth?" And I had no idea.

2020年的六月节,一位与我一同长大的Z世代年轻人走近我,问道:“嘿,你为六月节做了什么准备?”当时我对此一无所知。

You know, I tried to kind of play along, but he said, "No, what are you doing?" And I just said, "I'm going to feed 100 families." I didn't think about it, I don't know where it came from.

你知道,我本想顺着他的话,但他问:“不, 你在做什么? ”我便答道:“我要为100个家庭提供食物。 ” 当时我并未多想,也不清楚这念头从何而来。

And from there it was two GoFundMe campaigns later and buying 800 pounds of food and bagging chicken leg quarters at four in the morning.

从那时起,经过两次GoFundMe众筹活动,我们购买了800磅的食物,并在凌晨四点开始打包鸡腿。

What started as someone challenging me to do something for the community for Juneteenth, turned into a day and an event that made me feel like I had never felt before.

起初是有人挑战我在六月节为社区做点事情,结果这变成了一天和一个让我感觉前所未有的活动。

And wanting to chase that feeling of not having to convince myself that I wasn't the problem, or not having to convince myself that something was good, but just feeling good.

渴望追求那种无需说服自己并非问题所在,或无需证明某事优秀,而是自然而然感到愉悦的感受。

From there, it was on.

从此,一切顺利展开。

It just lit a fire in me.

这在我心中点燃了激情。

We're up to 48 employees, about 15 vehicles.

我们现有48名员工,约15辆运输车。

We're opening up a 20,000-square-foot location later this year.

我们计划在今年晚些时候开设一个占地20,000平方英尺的新地点。

We've grown in an environment where growth has been difficult.

我们在一个成长艰难的环境中实现了成长。

The average Black-led nonprofit never makes it to a million in revenue.

平均而言,黑人领导的非营利组织很少能达到百万美元的收入。

We did it in 18 months.

我们在18个月内完成了这一目标。

As a company, we've never been in the red.

作为一家公司,我们从未出现亏损。

It's a social enterprise non-profit that is still a business.

这是一家作为企业的非营利社会企业。

Early on, it was really about individual donors and grants.

早期阶段,主要依赖于个人捐赠者和资助。

And then over the years, we've tried to continue to figure out how to diversify the revenue so that we can be sustainable.

多年来,我们一直致力于探索如何多元化收入来源,以确保组织的可持续发展。

We've never missed a payroll.

我们从未拖欠过工资。

We've never lost an employee.

我们从未失去过一名员工。

We've never had a volunteer.

我们从未有过志愿者。

I just think that if someone does a job, they should get paid for it.

我认为,如果有人从事某项工作,他们就应该为此获得报酬。

It's a commitment back to people.

这是对人们的承诺回馈。

Without a wealth-building vehicle attached to whatever social impact work you're doing, then you're just perpetuating the circumstances that you're trying to fight.

如果没有一个与所从事的社会影响力工作相结合的财富积累机制,那么你只是在延续试图改变的现状。

You can still do good business and do good by people, and you don't have to build like everyone else.

你依然可以在做生意的同时造福他人,而且不必像其他人那样构建一切。

There were so many people early on that tried to guide us into taking donated food, into using volunteer hours and trading board seats for money.

早期有许多人试图引导我们接受捐赠食品,利用志愿者时间, 甚至用董事会席位换取资金。

And because of us rebuffing a lot of those things, here we are almost five years later, and this work has really not only defined a lot of people's lives, but it's allowed me to wake up and go to sleep knowing and never questioning.

由于我们拒绝了诸多此类事物,如今近五年过去,这项工作不仅深刻影响了众多人的生活,更让我每日醒来与入眠时都心怀笃定, 从未有过质疑。

I have no goals.

我没有设定目标。

I just believe that anything is possible.

我只是相信一切皆有可能。

Part of just being a dreamer is understanding that I decide what I focus on.

成为梦想家的一部分,就是理解我决定自己关注什么。

We've gotten the opportunity to write our own story.

我们有了书写自己故事的机会。

It's really about joy, happiness, being OK, knowing that you gave everything you had.

这实际上关乎快乐、幸福、心安,明白自己已倾尽全力。

All of these are things that are important, and we don't champion them enough.

所有这些都是至关重要的方面,我们并未给予足够的重视和推崇。

It's always about reminding each other what difficult is.

这始终关乎于互相提醒什么是艰难。

A difficult day as the Chief Dreamer of Dion's Chicago Dream pales in comparison to the worst day I've ever had as Dion Dawson.

作为Dion's Chicago Dream的首席梦想家,即使遇到艰难的一天,与我作为Dion Dawson所经历的最糟糕的日子相比,也显得微不足道。

You evolve, you learn.

你不断进步,不断学习。

This is the first time in my life where I can honestly say I've never stopped learning.

这是我生平第一次可以坦诚地说,我从未停止过学习。

Every single day.

每一天。

I learn, I apply, I try, probably failed more in this five years than in my first 30, but I don't have it figured out.

我学习,我应用,我尝试,这五年里可能失败得比前30年都多,但我还没完全搞明白。

I think that's the fun part.

我觉得那是最有趣的部分。

Yeah, that's pretty crazy.

是的,那真是太不可思议了。

来源:英语东

相关推荐