摘要:在上节课中,我们探讨了讨论心理健康与精神疾病时最适宜的词汇和表达方式。
In our last lesson, we talked about the best words and language to use when talking about mental health and mental illness.
在上节课中,我们探讨了讨论心理健康与精神疾病时最适宜的词汇和表达方式。
We said that it's best to use person-centered language.
我们强调,采用以人为本的语言最为恰当。
Here is one structure.
这里给出一种句式结构:
Subject plus verb live plus preposition with plus noun form of illness.
主题加动词“生活”加介词“与”加疾病的名词形式。
An example is Bill lives with depression.
例如,比尔与抑郁症一起生活。
Bill lives with depression.
比尔与抑郁症一起生活。
Another way you can talk about mental illness is to use this structure.
谈论心理疾病的另一种方式是采用这种结构。
Subject plus verb have plus noun form of illness.
主语加动词“有”加疾病名词形式。
Using that form, we would say, Amy has anxiety.
按照这种表达方式,我们会说,艾米患有焦虑症。
Amy has anxiety.
艾米患有焦虑症。
It's important to remember that we avoid using informal words like crazy to talk about a person with a mental illness.
重要的是要记住,在谈论患有精神疾病的人时,我们应避免使用诸如“疯了”这样的非正式词汇。
That kind of language can be harmful.
那种言辞可能造成伤害。
Experts say using such words can lead to stigma.
专家指出,使用此类词汇会引发污名化。
Stigma is a set of negative beliefs that a culture has about something.
污名化是指文化对某事物持有的一系列负面观念。
Stigma can prevent people from seeking help with their own mental illnesses.
这种污名化可能阻碍人们寻求自身精神疾病的帮助。
And before we go, I think we should talk about ways to have good mental health.
在我们结束之前,我认为我们应该讨论一下保持良好心理健康的方法。
Good idea, Dr. Jill.
好主意,吉尔博士。
I know for me, doing something creative like making music helps to keep me happy.
就我个人而言,从事像创作音乐这样的创造性活动有助于保持快乐。
And I enjoy my volunteer work.
我也很享受我的志愿者工作。
Helping other people makes me feel good.
帮助他人让我心情愉悦。
Some other ways are to exercise or learn breathing methods, or to just take a break from your routine.
其他方法还包括锻炼身体、学习呼吸技巧,或者干脆从日常中抽身休息一下。
Hey, that's great advice.
嘿,这建议真不错。
Let's take a break now.
我们现在就休息一下吧。
And that's Everyday Grammar.
来源:英语东