摘要:Okay, could you describe the pain a bit more?
当前译文为机器自动翻译,仅供参考
My leg hurts.
我的腿疼。
My body hurts.
我浑身疼。
My head hurts.
我头疼。
My back hurts.
我背疼。
Okay, could you describe the pain a bit more?
好的,你能详细描述一下疼痛吗?
I just ... I just told you.
我只是……刚刚已经告诉你了。
My leg hurts, my arm hurts, my thumb hurts, my toes hurt... Everything hurts!
我的腿疼,我的胳膊疼,我的拇指疼,我的脚趾疼……全身都疼!
Mini English Lessons Okay, listen.
小英语课堂,好,听着。
Doctors need you to be specific.
医生需要你提供具体信息。
To be fair, I haven't really researched this, but I'd imagine that's what they would like.
说句公道话,我确实没有深入研究过这个问题,但我猜那就是他们所希望的。
So just saying my [insert body part] hurts isn't really helpful.
仅仅说“我的[某部位]疼”并不太有用。
Let me take you through key vocabulary that's going to help you when you want to describe your pain.
让我带你了解一些关键词汇,这些词汇在你需要描述疼痛时会派上用场。
The patient could have said, I've got a pounding headache, I've got a throbbing pain in my legs, I've got shooting pain down my spine, and I've got a stabbing pain in my stomach.
病人可能会说:“我头痛得厉害,腿上有阵阵剧痛,脊椎有刺痛感,胃部还有刀割般的疼痛。”
They're obviously very sick.
他们显然病得很重。
I've used a very simple formula to create those expressions.
我采用了一个非常简单的公式来生成那些表达式。
I'll tell you what it is at the end of the video, but can you try and figure it out before we get there?
我会在视频结尾告诉你这是什么,但在我们到达那里之前, 你能试着猜出来吗?
I've got a pounding headache.
我头痛欲裂。
If you're building a table, you'll need some pieces of wood, hammer, nails, and maybe some earplugs for the people around you.
如果你在做一张桌子,你需要一些木头、锤子、钉子,也许还有一些耳塞给周围的人。
When you have a pounding pain, it feels exactly like a hammer hitting on a nail.
当你有剧烈的疼痛时,感觉就像锤子敲在钉子上。
It is a strong and steady beat.
这是一种强烈而持续的跳动。
I've got a throbbing pain in my legs.
我的腿疼得厉害。
Place your hand on your heart and feel your heartbeat.
将手放在心脏位置,感受心跳。
If you can't feel it, please go to a hospital, like, right now.
若你感觉不到它,请立即前往医院。
Throb means to beat rapidly or to pulsate.
"Throb" 意指快速跳动或脉动。
That's why it's often associated to the heart because the heart beats quickly.
这就是为什么它常与心脏联系在一起,因为心脏跳动迅速。
So a throbbing pain is a pain that comes and goes quickly in waves or in pulses, exactly like a heartbeat.
因此, 搏动性疼痛是一种快速起伏或脉冲式的疼痛,就像心跳一样, 时来时去。
I've got a shooting pain down my spine.
我的脊椎有一种刺痛感。
Imagine you have a bow, an arrow, and shoot.
想象你有一张弓,一支箭,然后射出。
The arrow flies quickly.
箭飞速掠过。
It's powerful and it travels from one place to another.
它很有力,并且从一个地方传到另一个地方。
So when you say you have shooting pain, it feels like the pain is moving from one place in your body to another place.
所以当你说到你有刺痛时,这种痛感像是从身体的一个部位移动到另一个部位。
It's quick and it's powerful.
疼痛来得快且强烈。
I've got a stabbing pain in my stomach.
我胃部有剧烈的刺痛感。
Imagine you're cooking dinner.
想象一下你在准备晚餐。
You've got your chicken out of the fridge, and you've got your shiny new chef's knife, and you're stabbing the chicken to create those holes so you can put all the beautiful spices in it.
你从冰箱里取出鸡肉,手里握着闪亮的新厨刀,正对着鸡肉戳洞, 以便能将那些美味的香料填进去。
If your chicken was alive, it would feel sudden, sharp, and intense pain exactly where the knife is.
若那只鸡还活着,它会在刀刺入的精确位置感受到突如其来的、尖锐且剧烈的疼痛。
So when you're describing pain as stabbing, you're really saying that it's very localised, and it's sharp and intense.
因此, 当你将疼痛形容为“刺痛”时, 实际上是在表达这种疼痛非常局限,且尖锐而剧烈。
So I've gone through all my expressions.
所以我说完了所有的表达。
Did you work out the formula?
你算出公式了吗?
Pretty easy, right?
挺简单的,对吧?
I've got + article + adjective + noun.
我有了+冠词+形容词+名词。
I've got a shooting pain in my back.
我背部有一阵刺痛。
我的胃部有刺痛感。
我头痛欲裂。
So there you go.
所以你现在有了新的词汇来描述你感受到的疼痛。
You've got some new words to describe the pain that you're feeling.
你有了一些新词汇来描述你正在感受到的疼痛。
And I wasn't even kidding when I said that I've got a throbbing pain in my legs.
当我说到我的腿有剧烈的疼痛时,我可是一点都没有夸张。
I've got to go.
我得走了。
I've done twenty eight thousand steps yesterday.
我昨天走了两万八千步。
来源:英语东