摘要:If you have not yet watched parts 1 to 4 in this series, here's the link to these lessons, which you can watch first before today'
Hello English learners, and welcome to the last lesson of this five-part series on slang words.
各位英语学习者,大家好,欢迎来到这个五集俚语系列课程的最后一课。
By now, you must be well aware that the actual meaning of slang words is quite different from the words used to express something.
到现在,你们一定很清楚,俚语的实际含义与用来表达某事的词语大相径庭。
If you have not yet watched parts 1 to 4 in this series, here's the link to these lessons, which you can watch first before today's lesson.
如果你还没有观看本系列的第一到第四部分,这里有这些课程的链接,你可以在今天的课程之前先观看。
You can also find links to these lessons down in the description box.
你也可以在下方的描述框中找到这些课程的链接。
Are you ready to learn the last set of slang words in this series?
你准备好学习本系列最后一组俚语了吗?
So that you can not only understand natives when they speak but also be able to confidently converse with them.
这样你不仅能听懂母语者的讲话,还能自信地与他们交谈。
Okay, come on, let's get going.
好了,来吧,我们开始吧。
Our first slang word is antsy.
我们的第一个俚语是 antsy。
Say it with me, antsy.
跟我一起念,/ˈæntsi/。
No, this word has no meaning relating to ants.
这个词和蚂蚁(ants)没有任何关系。
Instead, it means feeling nervous or being fidgety or impatient.
它的意思是感到紧张、坐立不安或不耐烦。
Imagine how do you feel before an interview or before getting some important results like your exam results for example, you'd feel nervous and impatient, wouldn't you?
想象一下,在面试前或得知一些重要结果(比如考试成绩)前,你会有什么感觉?你会感到紧张和不耐烦,对吧?
But in slang, you wouldn't say I'm feeling nervous, you'd say I'm feeling antsy instead.
但在俚语中,你不会说 I'm feeling nervous(我感到紧张),你会说 I'm feeling antsy。
I'm feeling so antsy, I'm gonna get my results this afternoon.
我感到非常焦躁不安,我今天下午就要拿到成绩了。
Antsy, do use it next time.
下次一定要用用 antsy 这个词。
Our next word is trashed.
我们下一个词是 trashed。
Say it with me, trashed.
跟我一起念,/træʃt/。
And it's used when someone is completely and utterly drunk.
它用来形容某人完全、彻底地喝醉了。
Enough that they can't even get up.
醉到甚至站不起来。
They are totally trashed.
他们完全喝趴下了。
I had too much wine last night and I completely got trashed.
我昨晚喝了太多酒,完全喝断片了。
I hadn't even known how I get home.
我甚至都不知道自己是怎么回家的。
So, if you want to say that you or someone drank a bit too much, what would you say?
所以,如果你想说你或某人喝得有点多了,你会怎么说?
You wouldn't say we got drunk, you'd say we got trashed.
你不会说 we got drunk,你会说 we got trashed。
Now, next up, we have shut up.
好了,接下来,我们有 shut up。
Oh no, no, no, I'm not telling you to shut up, my lovely English learners.
哦不不不,我不是在叫你们闭嘴,我亲爱的英语学习者们。
I won't do that.
我不会那么做的。
So then what does shut up mean in slang then?
那么,shut up 在俚语里是什么意思呢?
If a native says shut up when you're giving them some information or you're in conversation with them, they are actually meaning that they are in total disbelief or are completely surprised to hear the news that you're giving them.
如果一个母语者在你给他们提供信息或与他们交谈时说 shut up,他们实际上是表示完全不相信或对听到你给他们的消息感到非常惊讶。
And as a reaction to that news that surprises or shocks them, they would say shut up.
作为对那个让他们惊讶或震惊的消息的反应,他们会说 shut up。
Here's an example.
举个例子。
Guess what? Jack asked me out on a date tomorrow night.
你猜怎么着?杰克约我明晚出去约会。
And you'd say: No way, shut up.
然后你会说:不会吧,真的假的?
So, it's a way to express surprise. Do use it.
所以,这是一种表达惊讶的方式。用起来吧。
My boyfriend of five years finally proposed to me.
我交往了五年的男朋友终于向我求婚了。
I'm getting married.
我要结婚了。
What would you say? Really? Shut up.
你会怎么说?真的吗?不会吧!
Fascinating way to express being surprised or shocked, isn't it?
这是一种表达惊讶或震惊的有趣方式,不是吗?
Well, that's how slang words work.
嗯,俚语就是这样运作的。
You can never put a literal meaning to them.
你永远不能按字面意思去理解它们。
Our next word is used for when we are extremely excited or eager to do something.
我们下一个词用于形容我们对做某事感到极其兴奋或渴望。
And the word is juiced.
这个词是 juiced。
Say it with me, juiced.
跟我一起念,/dʒuːst/。
Imagine your favorite pop star is going to perform in your city.
想象一下你最喜欢的流行歌星要在你的城市表演。
Or for example, you're about to celebrate your 18th birthday with a grand party.
或者举个例子,你即将用一个盛大的派对来庆祝你的 18 岁生日。
What would you be?
你会怎么样?
You'd be really excited, wouldn't you?
你会非常兴奋,对吧?
That's exactly what juiced means.
这正是 juiced 的意思。
To be extremely excited about something.
对某事感到极其兴奋。
Hey, I'm so juiced. I'm going to watch Justin Bieber performing live tonight.
嘿,我太兴奋了。我今晚要去看贾斯汀·比伯的现场表演。
I've been juiced to go on this holiday to Australia for over a year. I can't wait.
一年多来,我一直对去澳大利亚度假感到非常兴奋。我等不及了。
What's the word? Juiced.
这个词是什么?Juiced(兴奋)。
Now juiced also has one more meaning, which means to be very drunk.
Juiced 还有一个意思,就是喝得酩酊大醉。
I'm so juiced, I don't know how I got home.
我喝得太醉了,都不知道自己是怎么回家的。
So depending on how you use the word juiced, it can either mean to be excited or drunk.
所以,根据你使用 juiced 这个词的方式,它既可以表示兴奋,也可以表示喝醉。
So be careful how you use this word so that you are not misunderstood.
所以使用这个词时要小心,以免被误解。
Have you ever asked someone to do you a favor?
你有没有请别人帮过忙?
There's a new way to say this in slang. And what would you say?
在俚语中有一种新的说法,你会怎么说?
You'd say, could you do me a solid?
你会说,能帮我个忙吗?
A what? A solid.
什么?A solid(帮个忙)。
Yes, you heard me correctly.
是的,你没听错。
Asking someone to do a solid for you means you're asking them to simply do a favor for you.
请别人 do a solid for you 意思就是请他们帮个忙。
Interesting choice of word, isn't it?
这个用词很有趣,不是吗?
I need to go find a dress to wear at the wedding. Could you do me a solid and come with me?
我需要找一件婚礼上穿的裙子,能帮我个忙陪我一起去吗?
Hey, could you do me a solid and pick me up, please?
嘿,能帮我个忙来接我一下吗?
So solid means a favor.
所以 solid 的意思就是帮忙。
Repeat with me, a solid.
跟我读,a solid。
Our next slang term is, I feel you.
我们下一个俚语是,I feel you(我懂你)。
And it's used to express that you understand what someone is saying or feeling.
它用来表达你理解某人所说的话或感受。
Here's a conversation between two friends.
这是两个朋友之间的对话。
You know, I miss my family so much. I can't wait to see them this Christmas.
你知道吗,我非常想念我的家人。我等不及要在今年圣诞节见到他们了。
Oh, I feel you.
噢,我懂你。
See, it's a great way to say that you understand what your friend is feeling.
看吧,这是表达你理解朋友感受的好方法。
So you can simply say, I feel you.
所以你可以简单地说,I feel you。
It's a great way to say, I understand, isn't it?
这是说 I understand 的好方法,不是吗?
Now, sometimes we come across people who try too hard to be noticed or try too hard to impress others.
现在,有时我们会遇到一些人,他们过于努力想引起注意或给别人留下深刻印象。
Sometimes, going over the top and in slang, we can call such a person as extra.
有时会做得太过火,在俚语中,我们可以称这样的人为 extra(戏精/做作)。
Say it with me, extra.
跟我读,/ˈekstrə/。
Freida was acting so extra in class today, trying to impress the new teacher.
弗里达今天在课堂上表现得太做作了,想给新老师留下好印象。
The word is extra.
这个词是 extra。
Here's the next slang word, I'm dead.
下一个俚语是,I'm dead(我笑死了)。
You're not literally dead. But it's a way of saying that something has made you laugh so much that you've literally fallen to the floor.
你并不是真的死了。但这是一种表达方式,表示某件事让你笑得前仰后合,简直要笑倒在地上了。
Your eyes are watering and you just can't stop laughing.
你笑得眼泪直流,根本停不下来。
So, if someone tells you a joke that is just way beyond funny, instead of saying, "Oh my God, that was so funny", you can just say, "Oh my God, I'm dead", meaning that you just can't stop laughing.
所以,如果有人给你讲了一个超级好笑的笑话,与其说“天哪,太好笑了”,你可以直接说“天哪,我笑死了”,意思是你笑得停不下来。
So, do use it next time.
所以,下次一定要用用看。
Now, if you enjoy someone's company, chances are that you probably want to spend a lot of time with that person.
现在,如果你喜欢和某人待在一起,你很可能想和那个人共度很多时光。
And in slang terms, we would say, you'd want to hang out with them.
用俚语来说,我们会说,你想和他们 hang out(一起玩/待在一起)。
The word is hang out.
这个词是 hang out。
I hang out with a new group of friends now that I've moved to a different college.
搬到另一所大学后,我现在和一群新朋友一起玩。
Hey, you're a great company. Would you like to hang out together sometime?
嘿,跟你在一起很开心。什么时候一起出来玩玩?
So instead of saying, "Let's spend time together", you can say, "Let's hang out together".
所以,与其说“我们一起度过时光吧”,你可以说“我们一起出去玩吧”。
And our last and final word in this lesson and in this series is stan.
我们这节课以及这个系列最后一个词是 stan。
Stan, which means to be a devoted, a die hard fan of someone, you know, almost to the extreme, especially of a celebrity or a music group.
Stan 的意思是指某人的忠实粉丝、铁杆粉丝,你知道,几乎到了极端的程度,尤其是对名人或音乐团体。
So if you idolize someone, a celebrity, you could say that you are their stan.
所以,如果你崇拜某个名人,你可以说你是他们的 stan(铁粉)。
Michael Jackson still has millions of stans who will always remember him as a legend.
迈克尔·杰克逊仍然拥有数百万的铁粉,他们将永远铭记他是一位传奇人物。
Are you a MJ fan? If you are, then what are you? You are his Stan.
你是迈克尔·杰克逊的粉丝吗?如果是,那你是什么?你是他的 Stan(铁粉)。
Wasn't that a great end to the list of slang words in this series?
这难道不是这个系列俚语列表的一个很棒的结尾吗?
Now let's quickly recap the words we learnt today.
现在让我们快速回顾一下今天学到的单词。
Antsy, meaning nervous, fidgety, or impatient.
Antsy 的意思是紧张、坐立不安或不耐烦。
I'm dead, meaning dying of laughter.
I'm dead 的意思是笑死了。
Trashed, meaning completely drunk.
Trashed 的意思是酩酊大醉。
Shut up, meaning to be in disbelief or surprised by something.
Shut up 的意思是表示难以置信或对某事感到惊讶。
Juiced, to be very excited or eager to do something.
Juiced 的意思是(对做某事)非常兴奋或渴望。
Do a solid, do a favor.
Do a solid 的意思是帮个忙。
I feel you means I understand, agree, or sympathize with you.
I feel you 的意思是我理解你、同意你或同情你。
Extra, trying too hard or being over the top.
Extra 是指用力过猛或过于夸张。
Hang out, to go out, spend time together.
Hang out 是指出去玩,一起消磨时间。
And lastly stan, a devoted fan of someone to the extreme.
最后是 stan,指某人的极端忠实粉丝。
There you go guys, you have now learnt 50 fantastic slang words and terms used by natives in daily conversation.
好了,各位,你们现在已经学会了 50 个母语者在日常对话中使用的很棒的俚语单词和术语。
So do try to learn and use them so that you can sound natural, fluent and confident when you speak in English, especially with native speakers.
所以一定要试着学习和使用它们,这样你在说英语时,尤其是在与母语者交流时,听起来会自然、流利和自信。
If you like this lesson series, don't forget to like, share and subscribe to our channel.
如果你喜欢这个系列课程,别忘了点赞、分享和订阅我们的频道。
I'll see you again soon.
我们很快会再见。
Until then, take care.
在那之前,保重。
Bye.
再见。
来源:英语东