摘要:So I thought today, since I haven't put an English lesson here on YouTube for over a week, I should maybe do an English lesson abo
Well, hello.
你好。
How are you doing?
你好吗?
I'm doing pretty good, but I've been sick for a week and it hasn't been very fun.
我的情况还不错,但我已经病了一个星期了,情况不太好。
Nothing serious, just a normal sickness.
没什么大不了的,只是普通的疾病。
So I thought today, since I haven't put an English lesson here on YouTube for over a week, I should maybe do an English lesson about describing being sick.
所以我今天想,既然我已经一个多星期没有在 YouTube 上发布英语课了,我应该上一节关于描述生病的英语课。
Now, I've done these lessons before, so maybe I should just say this is a review on how to describe your symptoms, how your body is reacting when you are sick.
现在,我以前已经上过这些课了,所以也许我应该说这是对如何描述你的症状、你生病时身体如何反应的回顾。
Last Monday, I was feeling under the weather, so I didn't make an English lesson.
上周一, 我身体不舒服,所以没有上英语课。
When you say you're feeling under the weather, it means you're feeling a little bit sick, like you can sense that you're going to be sick.
当你说你感觉不舒服时,意思是你感觉有点不舒服,就像你感觉到自己要生病了一样。
So last Monday, I was feeling under the weather.
所以上周一,我感觉身体不舒服。
I certainly wasn't feeling 100%.
我的感受确实不太好。
In English, when you say you're not feeling 100%, it means you're feeling, like, less energetic than you normally are.
在英语中,当你说你感觉不太好时,意思是你感觉比平时缺乏活力。
Last week, Tuesday, I felt the same.
上周二,我也有同样的感觉。
I thought, you know what?
我想,你知道吗?
This isn't getting any better.
情况没有任何好转。
I'm certainly not feeling well.
我当然感觉不太好。
I think I'm getting sick.
我觉得我病了。
On Wednesday, I got a fever.
星期三,我发烧了。
In fact, I had a fever on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
事实上,我周三、周四和周五都发烧了。
It is not fun to be feverish.
发烧并不好玩。
When you have a fever, it means your body temperature is higher than it's supposed to be.
发烧意味着你的体温高于正常温度。
So last Wednesday, actually, we were out after school Wednesday doing a little bit of Christmas shopping, and I couldn't do it.
所以实际上,上周三放学后我们出去做了一些圣诞节购物,而我没能做到。
I was starting to feel really, really sick.
我开始感觉非常非常不舒服。
So Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, I had a fever.
所以周三、周四、周五我发烧了。
You can also say I was running a fever.
你也可以说我发烧了。
It means the same thing.
意思是一样的。
I was running a fever.
我发烧了。
So I took Thursday off work.
所以我周四休息了。
I took a sick day last Thursday.
上周四我请了病假。
So in English, when you say you take a sick day, you call your boss and you ask if you can stay home from work that day.
所以在英语中, 当你说你请病假时,你会打电话给你的老板,询问你那天是否可以在家休息。
So I took a sick day Thursday.
所以我周四请了病假。
But Friday I was still sick, but I really couldn't afford to take another sick day.
但星期五我仍然生病,但我真的不能再请病假了。
It's kind of hard to explain.
这有点难以解释。
I could have called my boss and asked for a sick day, and my boss would have said yes, but it would have just been too difficult.
我本可以打电话给我的老板,请病假, 我的老板也会同意的,但这太困难了。
As a teacher, sometimes it's easier to just go in to work when you're feeling sick instead.
作为一名老师,有时身体不舒服时去上班会更容易。
So on Friday morning, I took some cough medicine or cold medicine and I went to work for four or five hours and I got the job done.
所以星期五早上,我吃了一些咳嗽药或感冒药,然后去工作了四五个小时,完成了工作。
And then I came home Friday night or Friday afternoon and I just went back to sleep.
然后我在星期五晚上或星期五下午回到家,又回去睡觉了。
Saturday, I was starting to feel a little bit better.
星期六,我开始感觉好一点了。
I was still kind of sick.
我还是觉得有点不舒服。
And I was starting to get different symptoms.
我开始出现不同的症状。
I was starting to cough.
我开始咳嗽。
My nose was stuffed up.
我的鼻子被堵住了。
So I was coughing, my nose was stuffed up, and I was starting to get a sore throat.
所以我开始咳嗽,鼻子堵塞,喉咙也开始痛。
You can still kind of hear it a little bit.
你仍然可以听到一点声音。
So Friday and into Saturday, starting to cough, stuffed up, nose, sore throat, basically all the normal symptoms of having a cold.
从周五到周六,我开始咳嗽、鼻塞、喉咙痛,基本上都是感冒的正常症状。
But I was starting to feel a bit better on Saturday, even though I had more symptoms.
但周六我开始感觉好一点了,尽管我还有更多症状。
Sunday, I started to feel even better.
星期天,我开始感觉好多了。
I slept pretty good on Saturday night.
星期六晚上我睡得很好。
I think it was the first night where I slept without having a fever.
我想这是我第一次睡觉时没有发烧的晚上。
That helped a lot.
这很有帮助。
Uh, and so Sunday I was feeling a bit better, but still not a hundred percent at all.
呃,所以周日我感觉好一点了,但仍然没有完全恢复。
So I just slept most of the day and just took it easy.
所以我大部分时间都在睡觉,并且很轻松。
In English, when you take it easy, it means you don't do anything.
在英语中, 当你“take it ease” 时,意思是什么都不做。
You rest or you relax.
你休息,或者你放松。
Uh, and then now it's Monday.
呃,现在是星期一。
I'm making this on a Monday.
我将在星期一做这个。
I did go to work today.
我今天确实去上班了。
I can tell that I'm feeling way better because I have a sense of humor again.
我可以说我感觉好多了,因为我又有了幽默感。
I was laughing a lot today and cracking jokes and all the normal things that normal people do when they're feeling a lot better.
我今天笑了很多,开了不少玩笑,做了所有正常人在感觉好些时会做的正常事。
So a week went by and it took that long for me to feel 100% again. And again.
就这样一周过去了,我花了那么长时间才恢复了 100% 的感觉。然后又一次。
I'm not like 100% where I'm gonna go walk for an hour today or go shoot my bow and arrow up in the barn because I still think I need a couple days to recover fully.
我还没有 100% 恢复,比如今天要出去散步一小时或者去谷仓射弓箭,因为我仍然认为我需要几天时间才能完全恢复。
When you recover from something, it means you get better.
当你从某件事中恢复过来时,这意味着你变得更好了。
It means that you...
这意味着你...
well, you start to feel 100% again.
嗯,你又感觉好多了。
So anyways, that was just a little review on how to describe your symptoms if you have a cold or the flu.
所以无论如何,这只是对如何描述感冒或流感症状的一个小回顾。
Luckily, I didn't get an upset stomach at all.
幸运的是,我的胃一点儿也没有不适。
I didn't have any kind of stomach flu or upset stomach.
我没有患上任何胃流感或者胃部不适。
It was mostly just all of the normal cold and flu symptoms that are kind of irritating.
这主要是所有普通的感冒和流感症状,有点令人恼火。
So, anyways, I'm gonna go edit this video.
所以,无论如何,我要去编辑这个视频。
It's a pretty leisurely thing to do, by the way.
顺便说一句,这是一件非常悠闲的事情。
Shooting the video is the hard part.
拍摄视频是最困难的部分。
And then I'm going to put this up so that you can watch it tomorrow and hopefully review your English phrases for describing being sick.
然后我会把它贴出来,以便你明天可以观看,并希望复习一下描述生病的英语短语。
Anyways, thanks for watching.
无论如何,感谢您的观看。
I'm Bob, the Canadian.
我是加拿大人鲍勃。
I teach English here on YouTube.
我在 YouTube 上教英语。
I'm hope you're having a... I'm hope.
我希望你有一个...我希望。
I hope you're having a good day, and I hope you're not sick.
我希望你今天过得愉快,并且希望你没有生病。
And if you are, I hope you get well soon. Bye.
如果你是的话,我希望你早日康复。再见。
来源:英语东