ChatGPT之父 OpenAI创始人 伊尔亚 多伦多大学毕业演讲

B站影视 日本电影 2025-06-10 19:11 1

摘要:I want to thank everyone for setting this up, for organizing this, for giving me this honorary degree.

Okay, hi everyone.

好的,大家好。

It's really nice to be here.

能来到这里真是太好了。

I want to thank everyone for setting this up, for organizing this, for giving me this honorary degree.

我想感谢大家组织这次活动,为我颁发这个荣誉学位。

It's actually extremely meaningful to receive this honorary degree.

获得这个荣誉学位实际上具有极其重要的意义。

Almost to this day, 20 years ago, I received my bachelor's degree from the University of Toronto in this exact hall.

就在20年前的今天,我在这座大厅里从多伦多大学获得了我的本科学位。

And actually at this point now I have, this would be my fourth degree from the University of Toronto.

实际上, 到目前为止,这将是我在多伦多大学获得的第四个学位。

And I had a really extremely wonderful time here.

我在这里度过了非常非常美好的时光。

I spent a total of 10 years.

我总共花了10年时间。

I did my undergrad degree, and I learned a lot.

我完成了本科学位,学到了很多东西。

And I'm also a graduate student here.

我也是这里的研究生。

And it was really wonderful.

那真是太棒了。

I was able to go deep in my whatever I was interested in and to really become a researcher.

我能够深入钻研自己感兴趣的领域,真正成为一名研究者。

It was really wonderful to study with Jeff Hinton, actually.

实际上,能和杰夫·辛顿一起学习真是太棒了。

The fact that Jeff Hinton was in this university was one of my life's great strokes of luck.

杰夫·辛顿在这所大学的事实,是我人生中的一大幸事。

And I feel a lot of gratitude to the university.

我对这所大学满怀感激。

I feel like I couldn't have asked for a better way to become educated, mature, become a scientist.

我觉得自己无法找到比这更好的方式来接受教育、成熟起来并成为一名科学家了。

And also, the University of Toronto, when I was a student here, we were doing the best AI research out of anywhere.

此外,多伦多大学在我求学期间,在人工智能研究领域可谓独占鳌头。

It was the most revolutionary ideas, the most exciting work.

这是最具革命性的思想,最激动人心的工作。

and I feel very lucky that I was able to contribute to it already in grad school as a student.

我感到非常幸运,作为一名研究生,在研究生阶段就已经能够为这一领域做出贡献。

But that was a long time ago.

但那是很久以前的事了。

And the way I understand it, in a convocation speech, one is supposed to provide sagacious advice, and I'll do a little bit of that, but only a bit, because this speech will be a little bit different.

据我理解, 在毕业典礼演讲中,通常应给予睿智的建议,我也会略作尝试, 但仅此而已,因为这次演讲将稍显不同。

I will offer one bit of a useful state of mind which, if one adopts it, makes everything much easier, which is to accept reality as it is and to try not to regret the past and try to improve the situation.

我将分享一种实用的心态,若能采纳,会让一切变得轻松许多,那就是接受现实本来的样子, 不后悔过去, 并努力改善现状。

And the reason I say it is because it's so hard to adopt it.

我之所以这么说,是因为要真正接受这一点实在太难了。

It's so easy to think, oh, like, some bad past decision or bad stroke of luck.

很容易就会想,哦,就像,某个过去的糟糕决定或是倒霉的一刻。

Something happened.

发生了一些事情。

Something's unfair.

有些事情不公平。

And you can just spend, it's so easy to spend so much time thinking like this.

你可以就这样耗费时间,这样想问题太容易了,简直轻而易举。

While it's just so much better and more productive to say, okay, things are the way they are.

说“好吧,事情就是这样”会更好、更有效率。

What's the next best step?

下一步最佳行动是什么?

And I find that whenever I do this myself, everything works out so much better.

我发现,每当我亲自这样做时,结果总是好得多。

But it's hard, it's hard.

但这很难,真的很难。

It's a constant struggle with one's emotion.

这是与自己情绪的不断斗争。

And that's why I mentioned it to you.

这就是我向你们提到它的原因。

Perhaps some of you will adopt it yourself.

或许你们中的一些人也会采纳这种方法。

This is a reminder to adopt this mindset as best as one can.

这提醒我们要尽力采取这种心态。

And also a reminder for myself.

也是对自己的一个提醒。

constant struggle.

不断的斗争。

But this aside, the reason it's not going to be the most conventional convocation speech is because there is something a little different going on.

不过,撇开这一点不谈,这次演讲之所以不会是最传统的毕业典礼演讲,是因为有一些不同寻常的事情正在发生。

Right now, you all leave, we all leave in the most unusual time ever.

此刻,你们所有人,我们所有人,正处在一个前所未有的特殊时刻离开。

And this is something that people might say often, but I think it's actually true this time.

这可能是人们常说的,但我认为这次确实是真的。

And the reason it's true this time is because of AI, right, obviously.

这次之所以真实,原因在于人工智能,显然如此。

I mean, from what I hear, the AI of today has already changed what it means to be a student by a pretty considerable degree.

我的意思是,据我所闻,如今的人工智能已经相当程度地改变了作为一名学生的意义。

That's, That's what I sense, and I think it's true.

这就是我所感受到的,我认为这是真实的。

But of course, the impact of AI goes beyond that.

当然,人工智能的影响远不止于此。

What happens to the kind of work we do?

我们的工作性质会发生什么变化?

Well, it's starting to change a little bit in some unknown and unpredictable ways.

嗯,它正以某种未知且难以预料的方式开始发生一些变化。

And some work may feel it sooner, some work might feel it later.

有些工作可能会更早感受到这种变化,而有些工作则可能会晚些。

With today's AI, you can go on Twitter, and you can look at what AI can do and what people say.

在当今的人工智能时代,你可以登录推特,看看AI能做什么,以及人们对此的评价。

And you might feel a little bit of that.

你或许也会有些这样的感受。

You wonder, hey, which skills are useful?

你可能会想,嘿,哪些技能是有用的呢?

Which ones will be less useful?

哪些将会变得不那么有用呢?

So you've got these questions going on.

所以,这些问题一直萦绕在你们心头。

And so you can say that the current level of challenge is, how will it affect work and our careers?

因此,你可以认为当前的挑战在于,它将如何影响我们的工作和职业生涯?

But the thing, the real challenge with AI is that it's really unprecedented and really extreme.

但事实上,人工智能带来的真正挑战在于,它前所未有且极为极端。

And it's going to be very different in the future compared to the way it is today.

与今天的情况相比,未来将会截然不同。

Like, you know, we've all seen AI, we've all spoken to a computer, and a computer has spoken back to us, which is a new thing.

比如,我们都知道, 我们都见过人工智能, 都和电脑说过话,电脑也回应了我们,这可是件新鲜事。

Computers would not do this in the past, but now they do.

过去计算机不会这么做,但现在它们会了。

So you speak to a computer, and it understands you, and it speaks back to you, and it also does it in voice, and it writes some code.

所以你向一台电脑说话,它理解你,并回应你,不仅用文字,还用语音,甚至能编写一些代码。

It's pretty crazy, but there are so many things it cannot do as well, and it's so deficient.

这真是太疯狂了,但它有太多事情做不好,缺陷如此明显。

So you can say it still needs to catch up on a lot of things, but it's evocative.

所以你可以说它还需要在很多方面迎头赶上,但它确实引人深思。

It's good enough that you can ask yourself, you could imagine, okay, fine, in some number of years, some people say it's in three, some people say it's in five, 10, numbers are being thrown around.

你可以想象,在几年后——有人说三年,有人说五年,十年,各种数字在流传——你会觉得,“好吧,这已经足够好了。”

It's a bit hard to predict the future.

预测未来有点困难。

But slowly, but surely, or maybe not so slowly, AI will keep getting better.

但可以肯定的是,AI会不断进步,或许速度并不慢。

And the day will come when AI will do all of our, all the things that we can do.

总有一天,人工智能将能完成我们人类所能做的所有事情。

Not just some of them, but all of them.

不仅仅是其中的一部分,而是全部。

Anything which I can learn, anything which any Any one of you can learn, the AI could do as well.

任何我能学到的,任何你们中的任何人能学到的,人工智能也能做到。

How do we know this, by the way?

顺便问一下,我们怎么知道这个呢?

How can I be so sure?

我为何如此确定呢?

How can I be so sure of that?

我怎么如此确定呢?

The reason is that all of us have a brain, and the brain is a biological computer.

原因在于我们都有大脑,而大脑是一种生物计算机。

That's why.

这就是原因

We have a brain, the brain is a biological computer.

我们拥有大脑,大脑是一种生物计算机。

So why can't a digital computer, a digital brain do the same things?

那么,为什么一台数字计算机,或者说数字大脑,不能完成同样的任务呢?

This is the one sentence summary for why AI will be able to do all those things.

这就是为什么人工智能能够完成所有这些任务的一句话总结。

Because we have a brain, and the brain is a biological computer.

因为我们拥有大脑,而大脑是一种生物计算机。

And so you can start asking yourselves, what's going to happen?

因此,你可以开始问自己,未来会发生什么?

What's going to happen when computers can do all of our jobs, right?

当计算机能够胜任我们所有的工作时,会发生什么呢?

Those are really big questions.

这些都是非常重大的问题。

Those are dramatic questions.

这些都是引人深思的问题。

And right now, you start thinking about it a little bit.

而此刻,你们开始对此有所思考。

You go, gosh, that's a little intense.

你瞧,天哪,这有点激烈啊。

But it's actually only part of the intensity.

但这实际上只是强度的一部分。

Because what's going to happen?

因为接下来会发生什么呢?

What will we, the collective we, want to use these AIs for?

我们,作为集体的我们,将希望把这些人工智能用于何种目的呢?

Do more work?

多做工作?

Grow the economy?

促进经济增长?

Do R&D?

做研发吗?

Do AI research?

从事人工智能研究?

So then the rate of progress will become really extremely fast, for some time at least?

那么,进展的速度将会变得非常非常快,至少在一段时间内会是这样吗?

These are such extreme things.

这些都是如此极端的事情。

These are such unimaginable things.

这些都是难以想象的奇迹。

So right now I'm trying to pull you into that a little bit, into this headspace of this really extreme and radical future that AI creates.

所以现在, 我正试图让你们稍微感受一下,进入这种由人工智能创造的极其极端和激进未来的思维空间。

But it's also very difficult to imagine.

但这同样难以想象。

It's very, very difficult to imagine.

这真的非常非常难以想象。

It's very difficult to internalize and to really believe on an emotional level.

从情感层面真正内化和相信这一点非常困难。

Even I struggle with it.

即使是我也对此感到困扰。

And yet, the logic seems to dictate that this very likely should happen.

然而,逻辑似乎表明这很可能会发生。

So, what does one do in such a world?

那么,在这样的世界里,我们该如何自处呢?

You know, there is a quote which is like this.

你知道,有这么一句话。

which goes like this, it says, you may not take interest in politics, but politics will take interest in you.

这句话的意思是:“你可能对政治不感兴趣,但政治会对你产生兴趣。”

So the same applies to AI many times over.

因此,人工智能的情况也是如此,而且这种情况多次出现。

And in particular, I think that by simply using AI and looking at what the best AI of today can do, you get an intuition, you get an intuition.

特别是, 我认为通过简单地运用人工智能并观察当今最先进的人工智能能做什么,你会获得一种直觉, 一种深刻的理解。

And as the eye continues to improve in one year, in two years, in three years, the intuition will become stronger.

随着时间的推移,眼睛在一年、两年、三年中不断进步,直觉也会变得更加敏锐。

And a lot of the things that we are talking about now, they will become much more real.

我们现在讨论的很多事情,未来将会变得更加真实。

They'll become less imaginary.

它们将变得更加真实。

In the end of the day, no amount of essays and explanations can compete with what we see with our own senses, with our own two eyes.

归根结底,无论多少论文和解释,都无法与我们的亲眼所见、亲身感知相匹敌。

And especially with AI, the very smart, super intelligent AI of the future, there will be very profound issues about making sure that they say what they say and not pretend to be something else.

特别是在人工智能领域,未来极其聪明、超级智能的AI,确保它们言行一致,而非伪装成其他事物,将引发非常深刻的问题。

And I'm really condensing a lot into a small amount of information here, in time here.

我在这里实际上是将大量信息浓缩在有限的时间内。

But overall, by simply looking at what AI can do, not ignoring it, When the time comes, that will generate the energy that's required to overcome the huge challenge that AI will pose.

但总的来说, 只要正视人工智能能做什么,不忽视它, 当那一刻来临时,就会产生克服人工智能带来的巨大挑战所需的能量。

And the challenge that AI poses, in some sense, is the greatest challenge of humanity ever.

人工智能带来的挑战,在某种意义上,是人类面临的最大挑战。

And overcoming it will also bring the greatest reward.

克服它也将带来最大的回报。

In some sense, whether you like it or not, your life is going to be affected by AI to a great extent.

从某种意义上说, 无论你是否喜欢,你的生活都将受到人工智能的极大影响。

And so looking at it, paying attention, and then generating the energy to solve the problems that will come up, that's going to be the main thing.

因此, 关注现实,投入精力去解决即将出现的问题,这才是关键所在。

And I'll stop here.

我就讲到这里。

Thank you so much.

非常感谢。

Thank you.

谢谢

来源:英语东

相关推荐