CNN- 花生酱果酱三明治引发法律战

B站影视 内地电影 2025-10-17 18:58 3

摘要:This is CNN 10, your 10 minutes of news where I tell you the what, letting you decide what to think.

Hello, sunshine.

你好!

Welcome to the show.

欢迎收看节目。

I'm Coy Wire.

我是科伊·怀尔。

This is CNN 10, your 10 minutes of news where I tell you the what, letting you decide what to think.

这是CNN 10,10分钟新闻时间,我为你讲述新闻事件,由你自行判断如何思考。

Rise up.

站起来

It is Friday.

今天是星期五。

Happy Friday to you.

祝你星期五愉快。

Let's get you your news.

让我们为你带来最新新闻。

We begin today in Alaska, where one of the most significant airlifts in the state's history has successfully moved hundreds of people from coastal villages, which have been ravaged by high surf and strong winds.

今天,我们从阿拉斯加开始。该州历史上最重要的一次空运行动已成功将数百名居民从沿海村庄撤离,这些村庄此前遭受了巨浪和强风的严重破坏。

More than 1000 people have been displaced by remnants of typhoon Halong last weekend.

上周末,台风哈隆的残余影响导致超过1000人被迫撤离。

which brought hurricane force winds topping 100 miles per hour.

带来了飓风强度的风,时速超过100英里。

Meteorologists are now wondering if a decrease in weather balloons due to a lack of staffing at some National Weather Service offices after the government shutdown could have affected their forecasts.

气象学家现在怀疑,由于政府停摆后一些国家气象局办公室人员短缺,导致气象气球数量减少,可能影响了他们的天气预报。

Our Allison Chinchar explains.

我们的艾莉森·金查尔来为大家解释。

Looking at some of these numbers, 93, 81, 100 mile per hour wind gusts that were reported along several communities in western Alaska and even a few communities that reported roughly six feet of water inundation.

看看这些数据,阿拉斯加西部一些社区报告了每小时93英里、81英里和100英里的阵风,甚至有几个社区还报告了约六英尺的洪水淹没。

Now when a lot of folks make these weather forecasts, they get the data from weather balloons.

现在,很多人做天气预报时,都是从气象气球获取数据。

All of these blue dots you see here indicate a weather service location that has two daily weather balloon launches every single day and that is standard practice for all National Weather Service locations across the country until earlier this year.

你看到的这些蓝色圆点代表气象服务站点,每个站点每天都会进行两次气象气球发射,这是全国所有国家气象局站点长期以来的标准做法,直到今年早些时候为止。

That's when we started to see the transition to more of these yellow dots indicating only one weather balloon launch per day or even in some cases the red dots indicating no weather balloon launches anymore on any given day.

这时我们开始看到转变,出现了更多的黄色圆点,表示每天仅发射一次气象气球,甚至在某些情况下出现了红色圆点,表示在任何一天都已不再发射气象气球。

Now, we also have this one lone orange dot here.

现在,我们还有这个单独的橙色点。

This means that location normally would have had a weather balloon launch, but due to communications and technical issues, the data was just never received by the weather service location as it normally would.

这意味着,原本该地点应进行气象气球发射,但由于通信和技术问题,气象服务站点未能像往常一样接收到相关数据。

The concern here is we use that data for these forecasts and it is vital.

这里的担忧是,我们利用这些数据来做预测,而这些数据至关重要。

Basically, those weather balloons measure all of the weather in the upper atmosphere.

基本上,这些气象气球用来测量高层大气中的所有天气状况。

You're talking winds, temperature, humidity, all of those things that are vital to making forecasts.

你在谈论风速、温度、湿度等对天气预报至关重要的因素。

It's kind of like baking a cake without flour.

这就像做蛋糕却不放面粉一样。

Flour is one of the basic ingredients needed to make a cake.

面粉是制作蛋糕所需的基本原料之一。

Well, weather balloon data is one of the basic ingredients needed to make forecasts.

嗯,气象气球数据是制作天气预报所需的基本要素之一。

And unfortunately, the better the output, the better the forecast.

不幸的是,输出越精准,预报就越准确。

But if we don't have the input because we don't have the data, the question becomes, how good is the actual forecast?

但如果我们没有输入,因为我们缺少数据,问题就变成了:实际的天气预报到底有多准确?

Pop quiz, hot shot.

小测验,小子。

What snack was co-created by a North Dakota State University football player?

哪种零食是由北达科他州立大学橄榄球运动员共同创造的?

Cheetos, Cheez-It, Pretzel Bites, or Uncrustables?

奇多、奶酪饼干、椒盐脆饼还是无 crust 三明治?

If you said Uncrustables, that's the joint.

如果你说的是Uncrustables,那可就对了。

That's the jam.

就是这样。

Len Kretschmann won three Division II national titles as a receiver for the Bison.

伦·克雷茨曼作为野牛队的接球手,赢得了三次二级联赛全国冠军。

He and friend David Geske's business and patent were acquired by Smuckers in 1998 for a reported $1 million.

他和朋友大卫·盖斯克的公司及专利在1998年被斯莫克ers以约100万美元的价格收购。

Next up, a battle of peanut butter and jellies.

接下来,是花生酱与果酱的对决。

Smucker's is suing Trader Joe's over its PB&J.

斯莫杰公司正起诉Trader Joe's,因其花生酱夹心饼干涉嫌侵权。

Smucker's says the grocery chain's crustless peanut butter and jam sandwiches are too similar to their Uncrustables.

斯马克公司表示,这家杂货连锁店的无皮花生酱果酱三明治与他们的“不吐司”产品过于相似。

In a lawsuit filed earlier this week, Smucker's says both the design of Trader Joe's PB&Js and packaging violate its trademarks.

本周早些时候提起的诉讼中,斯莫杰公司表示,Trader Joe's的花生酱夹心饼的设计和包装侵犯了其商标。

Smucker's is seeking restitution or payment for their financial losses.

斯莫杰公司正在寻求赔偿或支付以弥补其财务损失。

And get this, the company wants a judge to require Trader Joe's to deliver all current PB&Js to Smucker's headquarters to be destroyed.

更离谱的是,该公司要求法官下令,让Trader Joe's将所有现有的花生酱果酱三明治运送到Smucker's总部销毁。

What do you think?

你怎么看?

Packaging?

包装?

Trader Joe's?

乔氏杂货店?

Smucker's?

斯马克?

How about shape?

形状呢?

Let's see.

我看看。

And... How about taste?

还有……味道呢?

This could take a minute.

这可能需要一分钟。

I hope this all works out amicably.

我希望这一切都能友好地解决。

They both are delicious.

它们都很好吃。

I'm gonna need a minute.

我需要一分钟时间。

The International Photography Competition that showcases nature's weird, wacky, and wonderful moments just announced its winners.

展示自然奇妙、奇特和精彩瞬间的国际摄影比赛刚刚公布了获奖者。

London's Natural History Museum highlights a huge range of photos in its Wildlife Photographer Awards.

伦敦自然历史博物馆展出了众多精彩纷呈的野生动物摄影奖作品。

From the absurd, like this pic of an orphaned anteater, to the more startling, like this shot of a room full of rattlesnakes.

从荒诞的,比如这张被遗弃的食蚁兽的照片,到更令人震惊的,比如这张满屋子响尾蛇的照片。

The judges chose this photograph.

评委们选中了这张照片。

of a rare hyena in an abandoned mining town in Namibia as the best image out of more than 60,000 submissions.

在纳米比亚一个废弃的采矿小镇拍摄到的一只罕见鬣狗的照片,从超过6万份投稿中脱颖而出,被评为最佳影像。

Another standout, though, was this captivating image of an orb weaver spider in its web, shot by 10-year-old Jamie Smart from Wales, who won the 10 and under category.

另一张引人注目的作品是来自威尔士的10岁少年杰米·斯马特拍摄的园蛛在蛛网上栖息的精彩照片,他赢得了10岁及以下组别冠军。

Here she is explaining how she pulled it off.

这就是她解释自己是如何做到的。

And I always check the weather forecast to make sure it's going to be a good morning.

我总是查看天气预报,确保今天早上天气不错。

And I found that it was a really cold night.

我发现那是个非常寒冷的夜晚。

We got up early and the garden was just full of water droplets.

我们起得很早,花园里到处都是水珠。

So we went out to look for bugs.

所以我们出去找虫子去了。

Then I spotted this little funnel on the top of a dead dock leaf stem.

然后我注意到死码头叶茎顶端有一个小小的漏斗。

And I didn't even see the spider at first.

而且我一开始甚至没看到那只蜘蛛。

I just saw this funnel covered in dew droplets.

我刚看到一个漏斗上布满了露珠。

But when I looked closer, I spotted a teeny tiny little spider tucked up, trying to keep warm because it'd been such a cold night.

但当我凑近一看,发现一只小小的蜘蛛蜷缩在那里,正努力保暖,因为昨晚实在太冷了。

I thought it made a really cute image, so I tried to capture it.

我觉得那画面非常可爱,所以我想把它拍下来。

I had a little bit of a struggle, though, trying to get the light to penetrate into the funnel.

不过,我在让光线穿透漏斗时遇到了一点困难。

so you could actually see the spider.

所以你 actually 真的能看到那只蜘蛛。

So I was changing my angles and my settings to be able to have the light to get in so you could see the spider.

所以我调整了拍摄角度和设置,以便让光线进入,让你能看清蜘蛛。

And I did manage to capture this image.

我还设法拍下了这张照片。

In sports news, the Milwaukee Brewers are facing the LA Dodgers in the National League Championship Series.

在体育新闻方面,密尔沃基酿酒人队正在对阵洛杉矶道奇队,争夺国家联盟冠军系列赛的名额。

And the Brewers have an in-game tradition that changed the game.

而且酿酒人队在比赛中有项传统,改变了比赛的格局。

Five sausage mascots, yes, racing around the warning track.

五个香肠吉祥物,没错,正在跑道上赛跑。

And the fans love it.

而且粉丝们也喜欢。

When they started back in 1993, nobody was doing such a thing, but now more than half of MLB teams have some kind of mascot race.

1993年刚开始时,还没有人做过这样的事,但现在超过一半的MLB球队都有某种吉祥物赛跑。

During the sixth inning of every home game, a bratwurst, an Italian, a Polish, a chorizo, and a good old-fashioned hot dog turn on the Jets, and CNN's Don Riddell was able to track the down-the-man who came up with the idea and won the very first race.

每场主场比赛的第六局,一种香肠、一种意大利肠、一种波兰香肠、一种辣味香肠和一个经典的热狗会在喷气机队的比赛中登场。CNN的唐·里德尔追踪到了这个点子的发明者,并采访了赢得首届比赛的那位选手。

You know, there was already this cartoon of the sausages running across the skyline of Milwaukee.

你知道,之前就已经有幅卡通画,画的是香肠们在密尔沃基的天际线上奔跑。

And it ended up at the back door of what was then County Stadium.

最后它被送到了当时还是县体育场后门的地方。

And I think everyone that went to a game that saw that thought, you know, it would be really cool if they ran in.

而且我认为每个看过比赛的人都会想,如果他们能跑起来,那一定很酷。

And I just happened to go with the kid that worked for me, whose father was the vice president of the Brewers, and he sat with us, and I just talked him into it.

我刚好带上了我手下那个小伙子,他父亲是酿酒人队的副总裁,他坐下来和我们一起,我随便聊了几句就让他同意了。

I mean, he was pretty reluctant at first.

我的意思是,他一开始相当犹豫。

It was the end of the season and he didn't call me back till the next March telling me that, OK, it's a good idea.

赛季结束了,他直到第二年三月才给我回电话,告诉我,好吧,这确实是个好主意。

And then now think about it, he's like, OK, I guess it's a good idea.

然后想想看,他好像在说,好吧,我想这主意还不错。

And now what it is.

现在来看一下具体情况。

Can you remember the reaction when he came through the gate?

你还记得他穿过大门时大家的反应吗?

Oh my God, you know, I'm in a tube of foam rubber and you'd think the noise would be, have been just completely muted, but the place went crazy.

天啊,我躺在一块泡沫橡胶里,你可能会以为噪音完全被隔绝了,但现场简直疯狂。

It was a race to home plate, but we were to race right through the center of the field.

那是冲向本垒的比赛,但我们却要径直穿过场地的中心。

And like I said, the players didn't know this was going to happen, nor did the umpire.

而且正如我所说,球员们没想到会发生这种情况,裁判也没想到。

And he was quite unhappy about it.

而且他对此非常不满。

He thought it diminished the seriousness of the sport, which, you know, I guess it did.

他觉得这降低了这项运动的严肃性,嗯,我想确实如此。

This was a first.

这是首次。

Nobody was doing this right.

没人做对这件事。

And now, I think maybe more than half the teams do some kind of mascot race.

现在,我认为可能有一半以上的球队都会举办某种形式的吉祥物赛跑。

Arguably, you've had an impact on the way the game now looks in the United States.

可以说,你对美国如今的棒球比赛面貌产生了影响。

How do you feel about that?

你对此有什么感觉?

I mean, I really do think it changed the tone of baseball in a lot of ways.

我的意思是,我真的觉得它在很多方面改变了棒球的氛围。

If you need a feel-good story or an escape or just want to be able to tell your friends you've read a tantalizing tale about sausages, see Don's article at cnn.com slash sport.

如果你想看一个令人振奋的暖心故事,或者想找个借口逃离现实,又或者只是想跟朋友炫耀你读过一篇关于香肠的引人入胜的奇闻,不妨去cnn.com/sport看唐的那篇文章。

Today's story getting a 10 out of 10.

今天的故事满分10分。

Don't mean to be cheesy, but it's a slice of ingenuity that'll float your boat and lift a pizza your heart.

虽然有点俗套,但这种创意十足的披萨船,一定能让你眼前一亮,心头一暖。

Floodwaters made roads in Little Egg Harbor, New Jersey, impossible to drive.

洪水使新泽西州小蛋港的公路无法通行。

But this pizza delivery driver decided no pie would be left behind.

但这位披萨外卖司机决定,一块披萨也不能落下。

When his car reached a foot of water, he got out with a little pepperoni in his step, but then was offered a kayak by a neighbor.

当他开车到积水一英尺深时,他带着一点“意大利辣香肠”般的轻快步伐下车了,但随后邻居给了他一艘皮划艇。

It was just a pie.

只是一块派而已。

It was just a plain pie.

那只不过是一块普通的派罢了。

It was easy to carry.

携带起来很方便。

I had put it on my lap and started rowing.

我把它放在腿上,然后开始划船。

You got to do it.

你必须得做。

That's the world we live in now.

这就是我们现在所处的世界。

You got to problem solve as quick as you can, as efficient as you can.

你必须尽快、尽可能高效地解决问题。

Paddling his way to the customer the pizza was delivered.

划着桨送到顾客手中,披萨成功送达。

It was dry delicious and unfloat gettable, that's what I'm talking about.

干香可口,还不会漂浮,说的就是这个。

All right Our Friday shout out of the day is going to some of our homeschoolers out there all the way from Tucson Arizona the Stratton family and our Sonoran Desert homeschool friends sent me this.

好了,今天的周五特别表扬对象是来自亚利桑那州图森市的一群在家自学的孩子们,还有索诺兰沙漠 homeschool 朋友们发给我的这段内容。

I look pretty darn good with a beard, I must say.

我留着胡子看起来确实不错,不得不说。

You complete me.

你让我完整。

All right, play that Friday music, Nadir.

好了,放点周五的音乐吧,纳迪尔。

Shine bright, make someone smile.

闪耀光芒,让他人绽放笑容。

You never know when or how, but you may be the spark of joy someone needs.

你永远不知道惊喜会在何时何地出现,但你也许正是别人所需要的快乐火花。

Make it a fantastic weekend, everyone.

祝大家度过一个美好的周末。

I'm Coy Wire, and we are CNN 10.

我是科伊·怀尔,欢迎收看CNN 10。

来源:英语东

相关推荐