摘要:piss sb off核心语义为“激怒某人、惹某人生气、使某人恼火”作为独立祈使句“Piss off!”时,则表示“滚开”,语气粗俗且具攻击性,相当于“Go away”的强烈版 。如:
piss sb off核心语义为“激怒某人、惹某人生气、使某人恼火”作为独立祈使句“Piss off!”时,则表示“滚开”,语气粗俗且具攻击性,相当于“Go away”的强烈版 。如:
The teacher was pissed off by the students’ constant chatting during the lecture.
学生们在课堂上不停聊天,这让老师很恼火。
The opposition party deliberately delayed the vote just to piss the government off.
反对党故意推迟投票,就是为了激怒政府。
Stop pissing your boyfriend off with those unfounded suspicions.
He’s been loyal all along.
别用那些无端的猜忌惹你男朋友生气了,他一直都很忠诚。”
It really pisses me off when my girlfriend cancels our dates at the last minute.
我女朋友总在最后一刻取消约会,这真的让我很恼火。
His habit of flirting with other girls in front of me pisses me off more than anything else.
他在我面前和其他女生调情的习惯,比任何事都让我生气。
Leaving dirty dishes unwashed for days really pisses my wife off, and it’s become a major conflict between us.
脏盘子放好几天不洗真的惹恼了我妻子,这成了我们之间的主要矛盾。
It pisses me off that my best friend always breaks his promises without any explanation.
我最好的朋友总是无故失信,这让我很生气。
The sudden tariff increase by the importing country really pissed off our exporters.
进口国突然加征关税,这让我们的出口商非常恼怒。
The enemy’s repeated sneak attacks pissed off our troops, who vowed to retaliate.
敌人反复偷袭惹恼了我们的部队,士兵们誓言要反击。
I was well pissed off about it at the time.
当时我对这件事特别生气。
来源:翅膀英语一点号