摘要:Well, hey, welcome to this English lesson about food.
Well, hey, welcome to this English lesson about food.
好吧,嘿,欢迎来到这节关于食物的英语课。
I'm here with Brent.
我和布伦特在一起。
Hi, Brent.
你好,布伦特。
Hello.
你好。
Brent's taking me around Maine today, around Lewiston, Maine.
今天布伦特带我游览了缅因州的刘易斯顿。
And he's going to treat me... Well, I don't know.
他会请我吗……嗯,我不知道。
Are you buying the food?
你买食物吗?
I'll probably buy most of it.
我可能会买大部分。
He might be treating me to food.
他可能请我吃饭。
Or I'll buy some of it as well.
或者我也会买一些。
And then as I taste it, I'll try to think of all the English words and phrases I would use to describe that food.
然后,当我品尝它时,我会尝试想出所有用来描述该食物的英语单词和短语。
So I'm looking forward to it.
所以我很期待它。
Me too.
我也是。
The only thing I'm worried about is that Bob is going to like the food so much.
我唯一担心的是鲍勃会非常喜欢这些食物。
You're not going to want to leave?
你不想离开吗?
Yeah, I might end up staying here, but we'll see.
是的,我最终可能会留在这里,但我们拭目以待。
You never know it might be yummy, maybe not.
你永远不知道它可能是美味,也可能不是。
Okay, so we're here at the Holy Donut.
好的,我们现在来到了 Holy Donut。
Brent has just gone in to make sure it's okay for us to come in with our cameras.
布伦特刚刚进去确保我们带着相机进去没问题。
Hopefully they say yes.
希望他们能答应。
If not, maybe we'll have to be a little bit sneaky about it, but I'm sure they'll say yes to a Canadian visiting coming to buy their donuts.
如果没有的话,也许我们需要对此采取一些偷偷摸摸的态度,但我相信他们会欢迎加拿大人来买他们的甜甜圈。
I'm sure.
我确定。
I'm sure they'll be fine with it.
我确信他们会没事的。
We'll see.
我们拭目以待。
chocolate sea salt.
巧克力海盐。
Yeah.
是的。
Maple bacon.
枫糖培根。
Maple bacon.
枫叶培根。
And then what's your best blueberry?
那么,您最喜欢的蓝莓是什么?
Oh, personally, in my opinion, the blueberry lemon.
哦,我个人认为,是蓝莓柠檬。
Oh, blueberry with lemon.
哦,蓝莓加柠檬。
What does that look like?
它看起来像什么?
Where is that?
那是在哪里?
That is this one right here.
就是这个。
Oh, yeah, that looks good.
哦,是的,这看起来不错。
Yeah, we'll do that.
是的,我们会这么做。
Not the cannoli.
不是奶油甜馅煎饼卷。
The cannoli is also absolutely delicious, but I actually really like the lemon.
奶油卷也绝对美味,但我实际上真的很喜欢柠檬。
Let's do four.
我们做四个吧。
Okay.
好的。
We're gonna do the blueberry cannoli.
我们要做蓝莓奶油甜馅煎饼卷。
Yeah, let's do that.
是的,让我们这样做。
Awesome.
惊人的。
Because Brent's paying.
因为布伦特付钱。
Yeah.
是的。
All right, so we have a sea salt, a lemon, a blueberry holy cannoli.
好吧,所以我们有一个海盐,一个柠檬,一个蓝莓圣坎诺利。
And there was one other one.
还有另外一个。
What was that one?
那是一个什么?
Maple bacon and blueberry lemon.
枫糖培根和蓝莓柠檬。
Maple bacon.
枫叶培根。
That's the one that I'm missing here.
这就是我在这里失踪的人。
All right.
好吧。
Anything to drink today?
今天有喝的吗?
No, I'm fine.
不,我很好。
Then the total is going to be $17.55.
那么总额就是17.55美元。
Okay.
好的。
I can pay.
我可以付钱。
You want me to pay?
你想让我付钱吗?
I got it.
我得到了它。
There's a chocolate.
有一块巧克力。
Then my screen's just going to ask you if you'd like to leave a tip and then I'll ask if you want to receipt.
然后我的屏幕只会问你是否想留下小费,然后我会问你是否想收到。
So we're not going to eat all of them.
所以我们不会把它们全部吃掉。
We're going to try parts of each of them.
我们将尝试其每一个的部分。
I got a knife.
我拿到了一把刀。
I had a knife.
我有一把刀。
Yes.
是的。
Okay, so I think half's too much.
好的,所以我认为一半太多了。
Yeah, it is.
是的,它是。
So let's.
让我们。
Let's try chocolate.
我们来尝尝巧克力吧。
Let's try a quarter maybe.
让我们试试四分之一,也许。
There we go.
就这样。
I'm just gonna grab.
我只是想抓一下。
I'm gonna eat before you're eating.
我要在你吃饭之前吃饭。
Do it.
去做吧。
This is probably my favorite donut that they sell here.
这可能是他们卖的我最喜欢的甜甜圈。
That is a deep, rich chocolate flavor.
那是一种浓郁、醇厚的巧克力味。
That is yummy.
真好吃。
Yeah, you were right.
是的,你是对的。
I do like them.
我确实喜欢它们。
Do you taste the potato in them?
你尝到里面的土豆味了吗?
I don't, actually.
我不,事实上。
It tastes like if I bought this at home, it would be an expensive donut.
它的味道就像如果我在家里买这个,那将是一个昂贵的甜甜圈。
It tastes very, very good.
味道非常非常好。
And it's kind of a traditional donut.
它是一种传统的甜甜圈。
It's made the old fashioned way.
它以老式的方式制作。
It's probably deep fried in oil.
可能是在油里炸的吧。
It's very soft.
它很柔软。
I think almost a little warm still.
我觉得还是有点热。
So I don't know how long ago this was baked, but my favorite.
所以我不知道这是多久前烤的,但这是我最喜欢的。
I like salt, so.
我喜欢盐,所以。
Do you like salt as well?
你也喜欢盐吗?
I do.
我愿意。
Two thumbs up.
太棒了。
But I have to try the other ones yet.
但我还是得尝试一下其他的。
I feel bad, but I'm already rating this one as my favorite without trying the other ones.
我感觉很糟糕,但我已经将这个评为我的最爱,而没有尝试其他的。
So I can't imagine how many calories are in the middle of this doughnut.
所以我无法想象这个甜甜圈中间有多少卡路里。
When we cut it, though.
但是,当我们切开它时。
We gotta get a little bit of the cream.
我们必须得到一点奶油。
This is.
这是。
Yes.
是的。
Very messy.
很乱。
Luckily, they have a washroom here.
幸运的是,这里有洗手间。
As you would say in Canada, you can wash up afterwards.
正如您在加拿大所说的那样,您可以在之后洗漱。
Once again, I'm gonna dive right in.
再一次,我要深入其中。
Do you know that?
你知道吗?
I'm gonna dive in.
我要潜进去。
That means I'm gonna go and take a piece right away.
这意味着我要马上去拿一块。
Good phrasal verb.
Phrasal Verb 句式动词
Uh oh.
哦哦。
I got a little bit of it.
我得到了一点。
And I don't know about you, but I hate eating on camera.
我不知道你们怎么想,但我讨厌在镜头前吃东西。
It's good.
很好。
I like the chocolate better.
我更喜欢巧克力。
The whipped cream tastes very fresh.
奶油味道很新鲜。
Like, it feels like it's authentic whipped cream.
就像,感觉就像是正宗的奶油。
Sometimes in Canada and the United States, you have things that are kind of fake.
有时在加拿大和美国,你会看到一些假货。
That tastes like real whipped cream.
那味道就像真正的奶油。
Real blueberries, definitely.
真正的蓝莓,当然。
Oh, that is.
噢,是这样的。
That is good.
那很好。
Yeah.
是的。
I'm gonna take another one.
我要再拿一个。
Yeah, it's growing on me.
是的,我越来越喜欢它了。
That's a good phrase, too.
这句话也很好。
Means I'm starting to... I'm starting to like it more and more.
意味着我开始......我开始越来越喜欢它了。
I'm not sure about this one.
我不太确定这个。
A doughnut with bacon seems a little strange to me.
我觉得加了培根的甜甜圈有点奇怪。
Usually donuts are very sweet, and this is going to add a salty, savory element to the donut.
通常甜甜圈非常甜,而这会给甜甜圈添加咸味、美味的元素。
Is it maple bacon?
这是枫糖培根吗?
Now, bacon and maple go well together.
现在,培根和枫树很相配。
I'm gonna smell it first.
我先去闻闻。
Oh, yeah.
哦耶。
You can smell the maple.
你可以闻到枫树的味道。
You can definitely smell the bacon.
你肯定能闻到培根的香味。
I'm gonna use the English phrase, that's a no for me.
我要使用英语短语,对我来说那是否定的。
No, really.
不完全是。
When you say something is a no for you, it means you don't like it, like, I like it enough that I'll finish my piece, but I wouldn't buy this.
当你说某件事对你来说不行时,这意味着你不喜欢它,比如,我很喜欢它,我会完成我的作品,但我不会买这个。
It's a great donut.
这是一个很棒的甜甜圈。
They've done a great job.
他们做得很好。
I just personally.
我个人而已。
Is it too sweet, or is it the combination of flavors?
是太甜了,还是味道混合了?
It's the bacon with the sugar.
这是加糖的培根。
Oh, okay.
哦,好吧。
Hmm.
嗯。
That's unfortunate.
那真不幸。
I like that one.
我喜欢那一个。
Okay.
好。
What's this last one?
最后一个是什么?
I believe it's the blueberry lemon.
我相信这是蓝莓柠檬。
Blueberry lemon.
蓝莓柠檬。
So two flavors together, and I'm sure it's the same.
所以两种味道放在一起,我确信它是相同的。
In Canada, we say blueberry pairs well with lemon.
在加拿大,我们说蓝莓和柠檬很配。
You will see that in cakes and stuff.
您会在蛋糕和其他东西中看到这一点。
Yeah, I don't think I've ever had this one.
是的,我想我从来没有遇到过这种情况。
You can actually see the blueberry inside this one.
你实际上可以看到里面的蓝莓。
So has a nice blue look.
因此看起来有漂亮的蓝色。
The hint of lemon is quite strong.
柠檬的味道相当浓郁。
I wouldn't actually use the phrase hint of lemon.
我实际上不会使用“略带柠檬味”这个短语。
It's quite lemony.
味道很柠檬味。
So more lemony than blueberry, I think.
所以柠檬比蓝莓多,我想。
Yeah.
是的。
Okay, I'm gonna rank them.
好吧,我要给他们排名。
Okay.
好的。
Chocolate sea salt number one for me.
对我来说,巧克力海盐是第一名。
Blueberry cannoli number two.
蓝莓香菜二号。
Blueberry lemon number three, but a distant third, like, it's one, two, and then there's a big gap for Bob.
蓝莓柠檬排在第三位,但与第三名相差甚远,就像,它是第一、第二,然后鲍勃的差距很大。
And then blueberry lemon.
然后是蓝莓柠檬。
And then the bacon one is... I guess it's number four by default, but would not be buying it again.
然后是培根是......我想它默认是第四位,但不会再买了。
What about you?
你呢?
I think we line up.
我想我们排队吧。
No, no, we don't line up exactly.
不,不,我们并不完全一致。
So we don't exactly agree.
所以我们并不完全同意。
But chocolate sea salt number one.
巧克力海盐 1。
Number one, blueberry, probably number three.
第一名是蓝莓,可能排第三。
Oh, the maple bacon's probably my second.
哦,枫糖培根可能是我的第二份。
Okay.
好的。
This will be fourth, but not distant.
这将是第四个,但不是遥远的。
Like, I kind of like them all.
就像,我有点喜欢它们所有。
Yeah.
是的。
Okay, well, thanks for the donuts.
好吧,谢谢你的甜甜圈。
Of course.
当然。
We're done here at the donut shop, and we're gonna hit the road.
我们在甜甜圈店的事做完了,我们要上路了。
And what's next?
接下来是什么?
What are we eating next?
我们接下来吃什么?
I think we might have a lobster roll.
我想我们可能会有一个龙虾卷。
We might have a lobster roll.
我们可能会吃龙虾卷。
So that might be next.
这可能是下一步。
So we're at our next location.
所以我们在下一个位置。
We're gonna look at the lighthouse that you might be able to just see in the distance there.
我们要去看一看远处你可能看到的灯塔。
We'll get a bit closer.
我们会走得更近一点。
And then up there, there's a little food truck or a little food place where we're gonna get a lobster roll.
然后在那里,有一辆小餐车或一家小餐馆,我们可以在那里买龙虾卷。
Should be yummy.
应该是yummy。
So I know this is a food video, but this is a pretty cool shot of this lighthouse.
我知道这是一个美食视频,但这座灯塔的照片非常酷。
I'll have to do a little bit of research about it later, but here we are.
我稍后将不得不对此进行一些研究,但我们在这里。
You can see what I think is the Atlantic Ocean.
您可以看到我认为的大西洋。
It could just be a large bay.
它可能只是一个大海湾。
I have to check a map.
我得看一下地图。
But we're here on the eastern seaboard.
但我们现在位于东海岸。
We would call it making a food video where I'm not actually eating anything.
我们称之为制作美食视频,但实际上我并没有吃任何东西。
We'll get back to that in just a sec.
我们将在一秒钟内回到这一点。
Okay.
好。
I'm just taking a selfie for Jen.
我只是在为 Jen 自拍一张。
I decided if I was on a trip without her, I should at least send her some pictures.
我决定,如果我没有带她去旅行,我至少应该给她发几张照片。
So here we go.
所以,我们开始吧。
Almost dropped my phone because of the suntan lotion on my hands.
由于手上涂了防晒霜,差点把手机掉在地上。
There we go.
我们开始了。
Okay, so we're here at this little trailer.
好的,我们现在来看这个小预告片。
I called it a food truck, but it's a trailer, and we're gonna get a lobster roll, which is apparently a pretty common thing to get when you're in Maine.
我称它为食品卡车,但它是一辆拖车,我们要去买龙虾卷,这在缅因州显然是很常见的东西。
I think Brent's gonna pay for them again.
我认为布伦特会再次为他们付出代价。
We'll see.
我们拭目以待。
What can I get for you?
我能帮你什么吗?
I say we go with a couple lobster rolls.
我说我们去吃几个龙虾卷。
And since we're in Maine, we gotta do the Maine lobster.
因为我们在缅因州,所以我们要吃缅因龙虾。
Yeah.
是的。
Two Maine lobster rolls.
两个缅因州龙虾卷。
Yeah, we got two sizes.
是的,我们有两种尺寸。
We have a four and a half ounce and a six.
我们有四盎司半的和六盎司的。
How hungry are you?
你有多饿?
The smaller one for me.
对我来说较小的一个。
Okay.
好。
Smaller one for me.
对我来说小一点的。
We're kind of on a tour of food, so we don't want to eat too much.
我们正在进行美食之旅,所以我们不想吃太多。
So it says for the Maine one, just mayo and chives?
所以它说缅因州的一个,只是五月饼和香葱?
Yes.
是的。
Does it come with any butter?
有附黄油吗?
Uh, we can put butter on anything.
呃,我们可以在任何东西上涂黄油。
Please do.
请这么做。
All right.
好的。
I'll get that receipt printed for you.
我会帮您打印那张收据。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Thank you.
谢谢。
And I'll get you those drinks.
我会给你拿饮料。
I'll be right back.
我马上回来。
Thanks.
谢谢。
You guys had Moxie before.
你们以前有过 Moxie。
I've had it before, but he's from Canada.
我以前有过,但他来自加拿大。
No.
不。
So we're gonna.
所以我们要。
We're gonna see if I like it.
我们会看看我是否喜欢它。
Yeah.
是的。
Let us know where you fall on the great debate here.
让我们知道您对这场激烈辩论的看法。
Do you like it?
你喜欢它?
I love it.
我喜欢它。
You do?
是吗?
Really?
真的吗?
You'll be number 49.
你将是第49号。
We'll just call the number when it's ready.
一旦准备好,我们就会拨打该号码。
Okay.
好。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Had this for about 20 years, and it's not as bad as I thought.
这已经持续了大约20年,而且并不像我想象的那么糟糕。
No, this is really good.
不,这真的很好。
So I'm trying Moxie, by the way, so I. Sorry.
顺便说一下,我正在尝试 Moxie,所以我。抱歉。
I stopped recording.
我停止了录音。
So you didn't see me open the can and hear the nice ka-chsssh sound.
所以你没有看到我打开罐子,听到卡-chsssh的声音。
I'll make the sound for you, ka-chsssh.
我会为你发出声音,ka-chsssh。
It's good.
很好。
It's very sweet.
它非常甜美。
It's like a traditional soda.
它就像传统的苏打水。
I was expecting something that was a little... a little different, but it says on here distinctively different.
我原本期待着一些有点...不同的事情,但这里说的却截然不同。
But it really tastes like just a regular sweet.
但它的味道真的就像普通的糖果一样。
Almost like a root beer, I was gonna say.
我想说,这几乎就像一杯根汁啤酒。
Yeah, it has a hint of, like, root beer.
是的,它有一丝,就像,根啤酒。
So I don't know.
所以我不知道。
Is that sassafras or something like that?
那是黄樟木或者类似的东西吗?
It's good.
很好。
I would drink it again.
我会再喝一次。
There you go!
就这样!
Enjoy!
享受吧!
Thank you.
谢谢。
Okay, so this is a lobster roll.
好的,这是龙虾卷。
It looks kind of like a fancy, fancy bun with lots of lobster in it, and then some potato chips.
它看起来有点像一个精致的面包,里面有很多龙虾,还有一些薯片。
Potato chips are good.
薯片很好吃。
They're a bit salty.
它们有点咸。
I noticed there's a fork.
我注意到那里有一个叉子。
There's also lemon.
还有柠檬。
I'm gonna assume, like, traditional seafood.
我猜是传统的海鲜。
I should put some lemon on this.
我应该放一些柠檬在上面。
And then is the fork for, like, newbies.
然后是适合新手的分叉。
I think.
我认为。
I think it can get pretty messy.
我认为情况可能会变得相当混乱。
So I think I just... I gotta take... just take a bite.
所以我想我只是......我必须......咬一口。
So here we go.
因此我们开始吧。
My first bite.
第一次咬人。
Mmm!
嗯!
That is very fresh seafood.
那是非常新鲜的海鲜。
Like, where I live, far from the ocean, we don't get fresh... This is, this is very good.
就像,我住的地方远离海洋,我们得不到新鲜的......这是,这是非常好的。
You can tell.
你可以看出来。
I didn't know you could tell that easily.
我不知道你可以这么轻易地看出来。
And I'm not the biggest lobster fan, but, I mean, they didn't say skimp on the lobster meat.
我不是最大的龙虾粉丝,但是,我的意思是,他们没有说吝啬龙虾肉。
That means they didn't hold back.
这意味着他们没有退缩。
They didn't... They gave us a lot of lobster in this.
他们没有......他们给了我们很多龙虾。
So I'm gonna try it just with a fork here.
所以我准备用叉子尝试一下。
It's also very buttery.
它也非常奶油。
There's, like, butter on my hands from eating it.
我吃完后手上就沾满了黄油。
And it's very messy.
而且很混乱。
Sorry for talking with my mouth full, but it's very hard to eat without it falling apart.
抱歉,我嘴里塞满了食物,但是如果不吃的话,食物会散掉,这很难吃。
Mmm.
嗯。
Good?
好吗?
Yep.
是的。
It's the best thing I've eaten today so far.
这是我今天到目前为止吃过的最好的东西。
Better than the doughnuts?
比甜甜圈还好吃吗?
Better than the chocolate sea salt doughnut.
比巧克力海盐甜甜圈更好。
So there's a couple words I would use to describe this.
因此我会用几个词来描述这一点。
I demolished it.
我拆了它。
That means, like, this is Brent's.
这意味着,这是布伦特的。
This is mine.
这是我的。
It's gone.
不见了。
Or I destroyed it.
或者我把它毁了。
That's kind of a newer word we use sometimes.
这是我们有时使用的一个较新的词。
Like, I just destroyed it, but that was yummy.
就像,我刚刚毁了它,但是它很美味。
I don't think I'm gonna eat the chips.
我认为我不会吃薯片。
I'm not a big fan of chips, but that was really, really good.
我不太喜欢吃薯条,但那真的真的很好吃。
Delicious, scrumptious.
美味,鲜美。
I can't think of any other words.
我想不出任何其他词语。
So I said I wasn't gonna eat my potato chips, but I didn't want to let them go to waste.
所以我说我不会吃薯片,但我不想浪费它们。
When you let something go to waste, it means you don't eat it and you throw it away.
当你浪费某些东西时,这意味着你不吃它而是把它扔掉。
And I just couldn't let them go to waste.
我只是不能让他们浪费。
They are yummy.
它们很美味。
I was just feeling kind of full.
我只是感觉有点饱。
When you eat a lot of food, especially the lobster roll, you can feel full.
当你吃很多食物时,尤其是龙虾卷,你会感到饱。
But, yeah, I can't let these go to waste, so I'm gonna eat them.
但是,是的,我不能让它们浪费掉,所以我要吃掉它们。
Okay, so we're on our way to get a whoopie pie.
好的,所以我们要去买一个乌比馅饼了。
Yeah.
是的。
Whoopie pie.
胡比派。
Place called Wicked Whoopie.
这个地方叫做 Wicked Whoopie。
And I think whoopie pies are, like, very famous in Maine.
我认为夹心蛋糕在缅因州非常有名。
Have you ever had a whoopie pie?
您吃过夹心蛋糕吗?
I think you brought me one last year.
我记得去年你给我带来过一个。
Okay.
好的。
It was really good.
它真的很好。
But I'm looking forward to, like, is this gonna be, like, fresh made or it's gonna be similar to what I had last year?
但我很期待,这会是新鲜制作的吗?还是与我去年吃的类似?
No, it'll be... it'll be a lot fresher than last year.
不,它会......它会比去年新鲜得多。
Okay.
好。
Well, hopefully it's good.
嗯,希望一切顺利。
Is that it?
是吗?
That's it.
就是这样。
Wicked Whoopie.
邪恶的Whoopie。
Okay, here we go.
好的,我们开始吧。
In Maine, when we say something is really good, we might say it's wicked good.
在缅因州,当我们说某样东西真的很好时,我们可能会说它非常好。
Oh, so that's why it says wicked whoopies.
哦,这就是为什么它说邪恶的呼声。
Wicked good.
非常好。
I see.
我懂了。
Very cool.
很酷。
Okay.
好。
So there's a lot of flavors.
因此有很多种口味。
I see a lot of chocolate flavors over there.
我看到那里有很多巧克力口味。
That's probably where I'm gonna go.
那可能就是我要去的地方。
Okay.
好的。
So I just noticed they have mint.
所以我才注意到它们有薄荷味。
So it looks like chocolate, and then the inside probably has, like, a mint flavor.
所以它看起来像巧克力,然后里面可能有薄荷味。
I might go for that, because I do like mint chocolate chip ice cream.
我可能会这样做,因为我确实喜欢薄荷巧克力片冰淇淋。
So we'll see.
我们拭目以待。
And then when I saw this, I said, hold the phone.
然后当我看到这个时,我说,拿起电话。
In English, when you say hold the phone, it means stop whatever you're thinking about, because I might be changing my mind, so.
在英语中,当你说拿着电话时,它的意思是停止你正在想的任何事情,因为我可能会改变主意,所以。
Hmm.
唔。
Mint.
薄荷。
And, Brent, these are on me.
而且,布伦特,这些都是我的。
In English, when you say something's on you, it means you're paying for it.
在英语中,当你说某物's on you'时,它的意思是你要为它付钱。
So Brent bought other stuff today, so this one's on me.
所以布伦特今天买了其他东西,所以这个由我来付。
Would you like a bag for these?
您想要一个袋子来装这些东西吗?
No, we're gonna eat them right away.
不,我们会马上吃掉它们。
Alrighty.
好的。
Can we eat them at one of those tables over there?
我们可以在那边的桌子上吃吗?
Of course you can.
当然可以。
$8.23.
8.23 美元。
Okay.
好的。
I might need to punch my code in.
我可能需要输入我的代码。
No, you are all set.
不,你已经准备好了。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Pumpkin, Gingerbread?
南瓜、姜饼?
Do you sell much of that?
你卖了很多吗?
Yeah, we do.
是的,我们知道。
In the summer?
在夏天?
Yeah.
是的。
I'm not a gingerbread fan, but you would be surprised the people that come in specifically for the fall.
我并不是姜饼迷,但你会惊讶于那些专门为了秋天而来的人。
Okay.
好。
Yeah.
是的。
Can I get a receipt?
我可以拿到收据吗?
You bet.
当然。
Do you have a lot of Canadians that come in here?
你有很多加拿大人来这里吗?
Yes.
是的。
Okay, good.
好的。
I'm not the only... I'm not the only one.
我不是唯一一个... 我不是唯一的一个。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
Enjoy!
享受!
Okay, let's find a table right in the corner here?
好的,我们找一张靠近角落的桌子吧?
Here we go.
来吧。
It's time for the grand opening.
现在是盛大开幕的时候了。
Sorry, grand opening is usually when a store opens, not when you open something.
对不起,盛大开业通常是商店开业时,而不是开业时。
Here's the opening.
这是开场白。
But you definitely went with the classic.
但你肯定选择了经典。
Oh, it's very minty.
哦,它非常薄荷味。
I did go mint, but it's the classic look.
我去了薄荷,但这是经典的外观。
Yes, it is.
是的。
You could be mistaken.
你可能会犯错。
I thought it was vanilla in the middle.
我以为中间是香草。
So you might not have to brush your teeth tonight.
所以你今晚可能不用刷牙了。
Okay.
好的。
Because of the mint.
因为有薄荷。
Because you think it's kind of like toothpaste.
因为你认为它有点像牙膏。
Oh, it's Minty.
哦,是 Minty。
Definitely.
确实。
It's cakier So I thought the outside would be a little bit more like a brownie.
它更像蛋糕所以我想外面会更像布朗尼一点。
Like a little more dense.
看起来更加浓密一些。
It's actually a lot cakier.
它实际上更结实。
Light and fluffy.
又轻又蓬松。
The center is... I think there's a lot of icing sugar in there.
中心是......我认为里面有很多糖霜。
It tastes a little bit like the icing on a cake.
它尝起来有点像蛋糕上的糖霜。
Like a cake that you would eat for your birthday.
就像你在生日时会吃的蛋糕。
So.
所以。
So how many of these do you think you could eat in a sitting?
那么,您认为您一次可以吃多少个呢?
Three, four?
三四?
Half?
一半?
Yeah.
是的。
Once we stop the camera, I don't think I can eat more than half, and I will eat the rest tonight.
一旦我们停止相机,我想我不能吃一半以上,剩下的我会在今晚吃掉。
It is yummy.
它很美味。
Very, very good.
非常,非常好。
How's yours?
你那边怎么样?
It's great.
太棒了。
I love chocolate, so the more chocolate, the better.
我喜欢巧克力,所以巧克力越多越好。
Chocolate cake, chocolate filling my stuff.
巧克力蛋糕,巧克力馅的。
You can't go wrong.
你不会出错。
That's a good phrase for you.
这句话对你来说很好。
You can't go wrong means you made a good decision, or that's a good decision to make.
你不会出错意味着你做了一个好的决定,或者这是一个好的决定。
So I would get it again.
所以我会再次得到它。
We should ask, like, what would... What would you get?
我们应该问,比如,你会得到什么?
Yeah, what would you get?
是啊,你想得到什么呢?
Go with the mint.
选择薄荷。
Peanut butter.
花生酱。
Double chocolate.
双重巧克力。
Peanut butter is a good one.
花生酱是个好东西。
I know I'll have to try that next time.
我知道我下次一定要试试。
In two years when I'm back, because next year, hopefully Brent's in Canada.
两年后我会回来,因为明年希望布伦特会在加拿大。
We'll see.
我们拭目以待。
Anyways, good choice.
无论如何,都是不错的选择。
Thanks.
谢谢。
I said thanks, but I paid for it.
我说谢谢,但我付了钱。
Where'd it go?
它去哪儿了?
So I ate the whole thing.
所以我把它全吃了。
I wasn't planning the whole... to eat the whole thing, but it really hit the spot.
我没有计划整个......吃掉整个东西,但它真的击中了现场。
In English, when you say something hits the spot, it means you... you ate something or drank something that was, like, exactly what you needed in that moment.
在英语中,当你说某事时,这意味着你......你吃了一些东西或喝了一些东西,就像,正是你在那一刻所需要的。
So this hit the spot.
所以这个击中了点。
It was the mint.
是那个薄荷。
I really liked the mint.
我真的很喜欢薄荷。
So we should check back in in 20 minutes and see how you're feeling because... I'll probably be sleeping on the couch at Brent's house because I think I'm gonna have a bit of a sugar overload.
所以我们应该在 20 分钟后再回来看看你的感觉如何,因为......我可能会在布伦特家的沙发上睡觉,因为我觉得我会摄入一些糖分。
But, yeah, that definitely hit the spot.
但是,是的,这确实击中了要害。
Well, hey, thanks for watching this little English lesson where I ate some food, and hopefully I described it in enough ways that you were able to learn some English words and phrases.
好吧,嘿,谢谢你看了这个小小的英语课,我吃了一些食物,希望我用足够多的方式描述它,让你能够学习一些英语单词和短语。
I know it wasn't a traditional English lesson, but it certainly was fun to have you along as Brent and I toured a little bit of Maine and tried some of the food and one drink.
我知道这不是一堂传统的英语课,但有你陪同确实很有趣,因为布伦特和我游览了缅因州的一些地方,品尝了一些食物和饮料。
So, anyways, thanks for watching.
无论如何,感谢您的观看。
Remember, if this is your first time here, don't forget to click that subscribe button.
请记住,如果这是您第一次来这里,请不要忘记单击“订阅”按钮。
Give me a thumbs up.
给我点个赞吧。
And if you have some more time, why don't you stick around and watch another English lesson?
如果你还有更多时间,为什么不留下来再看一堂英语课呢?
来源:英语东