Vanessa老师- 我差一点挂了!My Near-Death Experience

B站影视 2025-02-28 18:26 1

摘要:A couple weeks ago, as I was driving, I started to hear a strange sound in our car.

Hi, I'm Vanessa from SpeakEnglishWithVanessa.com.

大家好,欢迎来到我的频道。

Have you ever almost died?

你有没有差点丧命的经历?

Let's talk about it.

让我们来聊聊吧。

In this video, I'm going to tell you a short story about something really scary that happened to me a couple weeks ago.

在这段视频中,我要给大家讲一个关于几周前发生在我身上的一件非常可怕的事情。

If you hear any new words or new expressions in the story, I recommend writing them down.

如果你在故事中听到任何新的单词或表达,我建议你把它们记下来。

I'm also going to give some definitions to expressions here on the video so that you can learn as you listen.

我还会在视频中给出一些表达方式的定义,以便大家边听边学。

For most of us, the most dangerous thing that we consistently do in our lives is drive.

对大多数人来说,我们日常生活中最危险的事情就是开车。

Driving has a high mortality rate.

驾驶的死亡率很高。

It's a pretty dangerous activity.

这是一项相当危险的活动。

You have to be really careful.

你必须非常小心。

And sometimes things are not even your own fault.

而且有时候,问题甚至不是你的错。

You have to be a defensive driver as well as an offensive driver.

你不仅要做一个防御性驾驶者,还要做一个进攻性驾驶者。

You have to make sure that everything is safe around you and that you're being safe as well.

你必须确保周围的一切都安全,你自己也要注意安全。

A couple weeks ago, as I was driving, I started to hear a strange sound in our car.

几周前,当我开车时,我开始听到车里传来一种奇怪的声音。

It kind of sounded like thunk, thunk, thunk, thunk.

它听起来有点像“咚,咚,咚,咚”。

And as I slowed the car down, the sound also slowed down with me.

当我减速时,这个声音也随着我一起变慢。

And as I went faster, the sound went faster too.

当我加速时,这个声音也变快了。

So I kind of thought, this is a little strange.

所以我心想,这有点奇怪。

Maybe there's something wrong in the engine or maybe there's just something stuck in my car.

也许是发动机出了问题,或者只是有什么东西卡在车里了。

Let's just see what happens.

先看看会发生什么吧。

And a couple days went by and the sound started to get louder and louder.

几天过去了,声音开始越来越大。

Eventually, when I was in the car with my husband, we both decided, "Hey, we should probably go to a mechanic just to see what's up with the car." Why is it making this sound?

最后,当我和我丈夫一起坐在车里时,我们俩决定:“嘿,我们应该去找个修车师傅看看车子到底怎么了。”为什么它会发出这个声音?

It's kind of worrying us, kind of freaking us out a bit because driving isn't exactly a safe activity, especially when you're barreling down the road at 60 miles per hour.

这让我们有点担心,有点害怕,因为开车并不是一项安全的活动,尤其是当你以每小时 60 英里的速度在路上狂奔时。

So we decided to go to the closest mechanic and it was five o'clock and the mechanic closed at five.

于是我们决定去最近的修车店,但当时已经是五点,而修车店五点就关门了。

So we rushed in and said, "Hey, we have this problem. Our car is making a strange sound. Can you just take a quick look at it to see if there's something you can see that's obviously wrong?" So he went out, really nice guy.

所以我们赶紧冲进去说:“嘿,我们的车有个问题,发出奇怪的声音。你能不能快速检查一下,看有没有明显的问题?”修车师傅出来了,人很好。

He went out and took a look at our car and the first thing he saw was this: All three of these are loose.

他走出来检查了我们的车,第一眼就看到了这个:这三个螺栓都是松的。

Our wheel was about to come off.

我们的车轮差点就要掉下来了。

This is the bolt that you use to screw on the wheel so that it stays on the car.

这就是用来拧紧车轮的螺栓,使其固定在车上。

And ours was about to come off.

而我们的螺栓几乎要脱落了。

The mechanic pretty much freaked out when he saw that.

当修车师傅看到这一幕时,他几乎吓坏了。

And he said, "Wow, you guys are so lucky to be alive. I can't believe that you were driving like this." Most people who have this problem, if it ever happens, they only get down the street a couple feet. They can't make it much further before the wheel falls off.

他说:“哇,你们真是太幸运了,还能活着。我简直不敢相信你们竟然这样开车。”大多数遇到这种问题的人,如果真的发生了,通常只能开出几英尺,他们走不了多远,车轮就会掉下来。

But we had been driving more than that a couple days, not too far, but for a couple days with that sound.

但我们已经这样开了好几天,虽然没有开太远,但这几天一直伴随着那个声音。

And he said any second more and the wheel could have fallen off.

他说,再多开一秒钟,轮子可能就会掉下来。

We are so lucky.

我们真的太幸运了。

I'm so thankful that this mechanic came after hours to tighten each of the bolts and the screws and the nuts on the car to make sure that they were on tight.

我非常感激这位修车师傅,他在下班后特意赶来,把车上的每一颗螺栓、螺丝和螺母都拧紧,确保它们牢牢固定。

We still don't know why it happened in the first place.

我们到现在还不知道最初为什么会发生这种情况。

But at the moment, the tires and the wheels are safe.

但至少目前,轮胎和车轮是安全的。

We are safe.

我们也是安全的。

Thank goodness.

谢天谢地。

But at that moment, I have to tell you the truth.

但在那个瞬间,我必须坦白告诉你。

I was pretty angry.

我当时非常生气。

I didn't know why that happened.

我不知道为什么会发生这种事。

And I just imagined all of the terrible things that could have happened.

我脑海里浮现出所有可能发生的可怕后果。

So thankfully, this near-death experience wasn't any closer to death, just a near-death experience.

所幸,这次濒临死亡的经历并没有真的变成致命事故,只是一次惊险的经历。

Thankfully, we're safe.

幸运的是,我们平安无事。

Everyone is relieved.

所有人都松了一口气。

And I hope that that never happens again.

我希望这种事情再也不要发生。

But I wanted to tell you the story just to expose you to natural English.

但我想讲这个故事,是为了让你接触更自然的英语表达。

And I hope that in the comments down here, you learned some new expressions.

我希望你在下面的评论区学到了一些新的表达方式。

If you have any questions about the expressions that I wrote, feel free to ask about them.

如果你对我使用的表达有任何疑问,欢迎随时提问。

But I want you in the comments of this video to answer this question.

但我希望你们在本视频的评论中回答这个问题。

Have you ever had a near-death experience?

你有没有经历过濒临死亡的时刻?

I hope not.

希望没有。

But I think most of us probably have.

但我想,大多数人可能都经历过。

Hopefully, it wasn't any more dangerous than what I experienced.

希望你的经历不会比我的更危险。

But there's a lot of things out there in the world that are pretty dangerous.

毕竟,这个世界上有很多危险的事情。

So I hope that your experience finished well.

所以我希望你的经历最终有个好结果。

And it's all finished now, I hope.

而且现在一切都已经过去了,希望如此。

So let me know in the comments.

所以请在评论区告诉我。

Tell me the story.

分享你的故事吧。

If you'd like to use any of the expressions that I used in this video, go ahead.

如果你想使用我在视频中使用的任何表达方式,尽管试试。

Thanks so much for learning with me.

非常感谢你和我一起学习。

And I'll see you again the next time. Goodbye!

再见!

来源:英语东

相关推荐