雅思口语- 表达情感的常用习语 (1) Useful Idioms

B站影视 2024-12-11 05:57 2

摘要:If the situation carries on and your frustration gets higher and bigger and stronger, you might say, "I was banging my head agains

If the situation carries on and your frustration gets higher and bigger and stronger, you might say, "I was banging my head against the wall".

大家好,今天我们将探讨一些在雅思口语中描述情感的最佳习语。

Now you're not literally banging your head against the wall, but the feeling is the same and it's giving you a headache, right?

你们有心情吗?

So I've told this nice gentleman to stop humming, but then he starts, what does he start doing?

有点学习的心情吗?

But then he takes out his mobile phone and starts watching a YouTube video at full volume.

让我们直接进入主题。

I was banging my head against the wall.

你好,我叫基思,我经营一个名为 IELTSpeakingSuccess 的网站,我想帮助你们说得更好,给出更好的答案,并在雅思口语考试中取得更高的分数。

What can I do, right?

今天我们将探讨不同的习语和习惯用语,帮助你表达情感。

And that was the last straw.

这非常重要,尤其是在第二部分,因为如果你记得,第二部分的任务卡通常以“解释你对此的感受”作为结束。

I just went over there, I gave him a piece of my mind and I threw his phone out of the Starbuckscoffee, cafe.

你必须发展或谈论你的感受,一些考生发现很难说出比“我很伤心,我很快乐,我很紧张,我很兴奋”更多的内容。

Of course I didn't, but that was the last straw, right?

这没问题,但如果你真的想达到更高的水平,七分及以上,使用一些更高级的词汇和习惯用语会更好。

That was the final thing that made me get really, really angry.

这就是我们今天要探讨的,十二种不同的情感和大量的表达方式。

OK, all of these expressions.

所以准备好你的笔和纸。

Let's see how we can use them when we answer a part two question.

首先,我想对每天都在学习雅思、努力练习的你们表示衷心的感谢,感谢你们关注我,帮助我在 YouTube 上达到十万订阅者的里程碑。

Describe a time when you could not use your mobile phone and explain how you felt about it.

哇,太惊人了,我从未想过会这样。

Well, when I was at the bank last week, they told me I couldn't use my mobile phone there.

非常感谢你们的关注。

You know, these silly rules really get on my nerves.

今天,我还要特别感谢 Cambly 赞助这个视频。

So I asked them why and they just said, well, that was the rule.

Cambly 是一个很棒的在线平台,你可以找到以英语为母语的老师,实际上,还有许多语言的母语教师。

It just drove me up the wall because I needed to make a call, but I didn't want to lose my place in the queue.

但对你们来说,英语教师,你可以练习口语,练习雅思问题和答案。

These kind of rules really try my patience.

这是一个很好的平台,你可以选择你想学习的地方、学习的时间,甚至可以选择你想学习的老师。

If I had had more time, I would have complained to the manager and given him a piece of my mind. Great.

所以 Cambly 给了我们一个代码,你可以在这里看到详细信息,你将获得比他们网站上已有的优惠多 10% 的折扣。

Now, you'll have noticed there the expression, "it really tried my patience".

这意味着你在一个月内可以享受 10% 的折扣,三个月内享受 19% 的折扣,12 个月内享受 32% 的折扣。

To try my patience is similar to push my patience to the limit.

这是一个很好的平台,优秀的网站。

And this is all about the feeling of being impatient.

他们还有很多资源和课程供雅思学生使用。

Some other expressions are. "I was running out of patience." I was at my wit's end, completely out of patience, or "I was at the end of my tether".

所以快去看看,使用你的代码,开始练习英语。

Also, "I have no patience left." All of them meaning a similar thing.

现在,让我们进入这些情感。

And I think in America they say a lot, I was at the end of my rope.

第一种情感是,我很兴奋。

So really, a "tether" is a rope, right?

那么,这里有一些我们可以说的表达方式。

Imagine you're in the sea, you're drowning and they throw you a rope and you're pulling up the rope, but then you get to the end, you're at the end of your rope, right?

首先,“我迫不及待”,意思是我准备好了,我很兴奋,准备出发。对吗?

You have no patience left.

在足球比赛开始时,我真的很兴奋,迫不及待。

I was at the end of my tether.

我坐立不安。

Let's have a look how we can use these in some part two answer.

这通常发生在你阅读一本书或观看一部非常刺激且有一点悬念的电影时,你真的坐在椅子的边缘。对吗?

Describe a time when an activity you did was delayed due to the bad weather and explain how you felt about it.

这意味着我很兴奋。

So some friends and I had organised a picnic in the countryside and we had been looking forward to it for weeks.

我在看恐怖电影时坐立不安。

And then on the day we were about to leave and it started to rain, would you believe it?

我兴奋得像要跳起来一样。

A short shower, or so we thought.

现在,跳跃就是咚,咚,咚。

So we decided to wait for it to stop.

如果你想象一下在封锁期间,很多小孩子在你家里,他们像小球一样到处跳。

Two hours later, it was still raining and we were running out of patience.

他们充满活力,兴奋得想出去玩,你可以说,他们像小球一样到处跳。

And then suddenly a storm broke out.

我在等待去我最喜欢的音乐会时兴奋得像要跳起来一样。

That was the last straw.

我几乎等不及了。

In the end, we had to postpone the whole event to another weekend.

或者,我等不及要……

Next question, describe a crowded place you have been to.

意思是,我太兴奋了,不想等。对吗?

To be honest, I don't like crowds, so I was a little nervous when my brother invited me to watch a football match with him.

我几乎等不及要告诉我的朋友这部新电影了。

The stadium was packed full, right?

我等不及要看这部新电影。

People behind us were pushing and it was getting on my nerves.

所以,所有这些都是谈论兴奋的方式。

After 30 minutes of pushing, I was at my wit's end.

现在,第二种情感是,感到印象深刻。

Seriously, "I was banging my head against the wall".

首先,我们有,“它让我大开眼界”。

I was about to go ballistic with these guys and my brother told me to calm down and we decided to leave the game early. Nice.

现在,“blow”是呼的一声,但它也是一种爆炸。

Let's move on and let's look at how we can talk about being bored.

这是一个爆炸。对吗?

So talking about being bored, some expressions we can use are "to be fed up".

如果某件事让你大开眼界,那就非常令人印象深刻。对吗?

And to be fed up is a bit irritated, but bored.

我们也可以说,“它让我惊叹不已”。

And if you're really fed up, "I'm fed up to the back teeth", right?

它是如此令人印象深刻。对吗?

"The back teeth".

我在和我的朋友聊天。

Right at the back.

他在告诉我关于天体物理学的事。

Why? I don't know, but I'm fed up to the back teeth.

这让我大开眼界。

I'm really bored, right?

他的知识让我惊叹不已。

Or we can also say, if you're really bored, "I'm bored to tears." Maybe you're so bored, you start to cry.

我感到震惊。

I'm bored to tears.

“Bowled”的意思是,嗯,“Bowled”是什么?

Also, I'm bored to death. I'm bored to death.

它源于板球运动。

Of course you don't actually die, but we often use to death, right?

现在,如果你玩板球,你会知道你是投球、摔坏手机,然后把球投过手臂。

I'm starving to death, I'm really hungry, I'm bored to death, I'm really bored.

如果你“bowled over by something”,那你就是被它所打动。

So we can use all of these.

所以,我的朋友,那位天体物理学家,我被他的知识所震撼。

For example, if you're waiting to see the doctor and you're waiting a long time, you might get fed up.

现在让我们看看一些第二部分的问题,我会给你一小段我的回答,展示我如何使用这些表达。

You might be fed up to the back teeth.

第一个问题是,描述一下你最近观看的表演,并解释你对此的感受。

I was bored to tears waiting to see the doctor.

我最近在音乐会上看到了我最喜欢的流行乐队。

I was bored to death waiting to see the dentist.

你知道,在演出前的几天,我兴奋得乱蹦乱跳。

I was fed up to the back teeth having to wait for everybody.

我实在等不及要见到他们了。

Also, when you're bored and a little bit annoyed, you can "be cheesed off".

在演出当天,他们简直让我惊艳。

You can be cheesed off.

你知道,我被他们的活力和热情所震撼。

Yes, cheese, like camembert, emmental, crumbly Lancashire, all kinds of cheese.

后来,我迫不及待想告诉我的朋友们。

If I am cheesed off, then I'm a bit annoyed but bored, right?

对,你可以看到我如何使用它们。太棒了。

I was cheesed off with my friend.

下一个问题。

I was cheesed off with the doctor because I had to wait so long.

描述一次你参加过的激动人心的事件,并解释你对此的感受。

And if that frustration and boredom is building, you might say, "I've had it up to here".

显然是兴奋。

This is the limit.

我最近在本地电影院参加了一部新电影的首映。

Similar to the expression, that was the last straw that kind of made you really annoyed or angry.

在几周前,我已经迫不及待了。

If you're so bored and fed up, you say, I've had it up to here waiting for that dentist.

我太兴奋了,几乎等不及了。

What is he doing in there?

在实际的那一天,我终于看到了电影,完全让我大开眼界。

Let's have a look how we can use some of these in an answer.

表演非常出色。

Describe a time you got bored when you were with others and explain how you felt about it.

整个剧情让我紧张得坐立不安。

A few weeks ago, I went to a party with a friend of mine.

不错吧?

I was a bit cheesed off with him, actually, because he knew I didn't want to go, but he wouldn't go alone.

你可以看到我们开始使用这些表达了。

Anyway, we went to the party and to be honest, I was bored to death.

让我们继续讲下一个感受。

I mean, there was no music, no food. I didn't know anybody.

接下来,愤怒的感觉。

I was just fed up to the back teeth.

现在,这里有不少表达。

And I told my friend, listen, I have had it up to here and I was ready to go home.

例如,我们有‘心烦意乱’。

Now, let's move from some of these negative feelings to a happy feeling.

气得发狂。

Let's talk about happiness.

或者‘失去控制’。

Now, there are lots of nice and interesting expressions for happiness.

这就是当你非常迅速地变得非常生气,对吧?

First of all, "I was over the moon".

想象一下你的航班延误,不是一两个小时,而是七个小时。

Over the moon in the sky. Crazy, but true if you're happy.

你可能会心烦意乱,因为你想尽快到达目的地。

And I was tickled pink.

然后想象一下,他们不给你任何食物,你不得不在机场地板上睡觉。

I was tickled pink. If somebody tickles you, then you start laughing and you probably go very pink, right?

你可能会失去控制。

Because you're laughing so much.

然后我们有三个与‘go’有关的表达,它们非常相似,对吧?

I was tickled pink when I found out I had won the lottery.

发疯——生气。

Similar to the moon, we talk about the clouds.

气得要命——非常生气。

"I was on cloud nine" when I realised I had won the lottery.

气得失去理智——真的非常生气。

And also, we can talk about I was thrilled about something.

失去理智就像一枚弹道导弹,对吧?

It's excitement and happiness together.

想象一下爆炸。

So, if you're really happy, you can say "I'm thrilled to bits".

这就是你愤怒的程度。

I was thrilled to bits to win the lottery.

所以,如果有人把你最喜欢的电脑——或者也许是你唯一的电脑——弄坏了,你可能会发疯。

We can be… Now, we can have a feeling of happiness, right?

你可能会气得要命。

And we can also be happy with something or happy with somebody, right?

如果你真的生气,你可能会失去理智。

Some expressions here are "it made my day".

两个稍微柔和一点的表达是“to lose my cool”——我失去了我的冷静——意思是我没有保持冷静。

When I got a present from my friend on my birthday, it made my day.

所以,当服务员撞倒我的电脑时,我没能保持冷静。

Or "it was music to my ears".

我可能会发疯并对她或他大喊大叫。

When my wife told me she was taking me out for dinner, it was music to my ears.

我说服务员了吗?

Coming back to doctors, it was just what the doctor ordered.

另一个是,我的耐心被逼到了极限。

Now, this is nothing to do with doctors, but it means it's just what I needed.

所以,我的耐心被逼到了极限,然后崩溃了,对吧?

It was something I was wanting and it's made me happy.

所以,我生气了。

It doesn't have to be medicine.

当我在等待航班时,它又延误了一个小时,又一个小时,我的耐心被逼到了极限。

Maybe I've been a bit fed up and cheesed off lately with all of the work.

最后,我气得发疯。

So, when my wife said, I'm going to take you to dinner, I was over the moon, it made my day, and it was just what the doctor ordered.

我非常生气。

Right? It was just what I needed to cheer up.

最后一句,虽然有些诗意,但很不错,就是“它使我火冒三丈”。

Let's have a look about… Not about. Let's have a look at some of these expressions in some part 2 answers.

想象一下,如果你体内的血液像沸水一样滚烫,你会有多生气,因为当我们生气时,我们会变得很热。

Describe an occasion when you celebrated your achievement.

所以,再一次,有人把你的电脑弄坏了。

A few years ago, I finished my master's degree and I was over the moon.

哦,这让我火冒三丈。或者用 made。

It had taken me four years, because I had to work at the same time, and when I finally got that certificate, I was tickled pink.

好吧,让我们看看这些在第二部分问题中的应用。

As you can imagine, it made my day.

描述一次有人向你道歉的经历,并解释你对此的感受。

And it did, really.

上周我的朋友借了我最喜欢的书,对吧?

Describe an interesting conversation you had with someone.

然后他把它弄丢了。

I recently had an interesting conversation with the lady who works in my local bookshop.

起初,我气得失去了理智。

She told me that as a loyal customer, I had won a prize.

我是那种不会轻易发怒的人,对吧?

I was surprised, but it was music to my ears.

但那本书对我有着特殊的情感价值。

It turned out I had won 100 euros of book vouchers.

后来我冷静下来,接受了他的道歉。

Well, needless to say, I was on cloud nine.

接下来,描述一次有人没有告诉你真相的经历,并解释你对此的感受。

I actually needed to buy some new books for my daughter, so it was just what the doctor ordered.

所以,当我买这个软件时,销售员说它可以在任何电脑上使用。

And later, when I gave my daughter some of the new storybooks, she was thrilled to bits.

当我后来意识到事实并非如此时,我简直快要崩溃了。

Let's move on and talk about being thankful.

说真的,我几乎气得发疯。

So, let's look at these expressions for being thankful.

当销售员公然撒谎时,我的火冒三丈。

There are different things we can say, right?

接下来,描述一次重要的旅程被延误的经历,并解释你对此的感受。

We can say, "to be appreciative".

上个月,我飞往罗马的航班延误了 10 个小时。

Appreciative. It's a ʃ sound.

我非常恼火。

I was appreciative.

当他们拒绝给我们任何食物时,我没能保持冷静。

It's one word, "appreciative".

然后当我和代表交谈时,她一点帮助都没有,我简直气炸了,开始对她大喊大叫。

That means I was thankful.

我通常是一个冷静的人,但那时我的耐心真的到了极限。

We can also say, "I was eternally grateful".

我只想去罗马。

When my friend helped me paint our new home, I was eternally grateful.

很好。现在我们继续。

I was very appreciative.

下一个感觉是沮丧。

Now, if you're really thankful, and something surprises you, you might say, "to be at a loss for words", right?

这里有一些意思相近的表达。

So, when my friend gave me a computer for my birthday, wow, I was at a loss for words.

让我们开始吧。

I was eternally grateful, but I was at a loss for words.

这让我心烦意乱。

And also, of course, we can say, I couldn't thank him enough.

或者用 gets。

So, when he gave me the computer as a present, I couldn't thank him enough.

这只是当某事让你烦恼或恼怒时的说法。

Let's have a look at these inside — inside? — in a part 2 answer.

如果它让你非常恼火,你可以说它让我抓狂。

来源:英语东

相关推荐