摘要:For people who don't know Goodr, explain your story, how you came to be so aware of food waste and what you are doing about it.
Manoush Zomorodi: OK, so I have been following Jasmine's career.
曼努什·佐莫罗迪:好的,我一直关注着贾斯敏的职业生涯。
She gave a TED Talk at TEDWomen five years ago -- Jasmine Crowe-Houston: Five years ago in December.
她在五年前,即12月的TEDWomen大会上发表了一场TED演讲——贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿。
MZ: Which is crazy.
MZ:这太疯狂了。
And I interviewed you three years ago, and now here you are.
三年前我采访过你,现在你又来了。
And so much has happened.
发生了太多事情。
JCH: Yes.
JCH:是的。
MZ: You are more of a behind-the-scenes person.
MZ:你更像是一个幕后人物。
For people who don't know Goodr, explain your story, how you came to be so aware of food waste and what you are doing about it.
对于不了解古德公司的人, 请讲述一下你们的故事,你们是如何意识到食物浪费问题的, 以及你们正在采取哪些措施来应对这个问题。
JCH: Hi, everyone.
JCH:大家好。
I'm so excited to be back at TED.
很高兴再次回到TED大会。
This is like, we have a relationship here.
这就像,我们之间有了一种关系。
I mean, TEDx, TEDWomen, TED Radio, TEDNext.
我的意思是,TEDx分会场活动、TEDWomen女性大会、TED广播、TEDNext未来论坛。
I mean, I'm going to name my next kid Ted.
我是说,我下一个孩子就叫他TED。
(Laughter) But, you know, I started Goodr here in Atlanta.
(笑声)但你知道吗,我在亚特兰大创办了古德公司。
I had created a homeless -- I would say, for people experiencing homelessness, a pop-up restaurant.
我创办了一家专为无家可归者服务的快闪餐厅。
And the concept really came to me after feeding and working with a volunteer Group and making all these peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, going out to the streets and handing them out, and a man telling me, "Oh, I'm allergic to nuts." And I thought, we just made 1,000 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and nuts are one of the number one allergies.
这个概念是在我与一个志愿者团队合作、制作大量花生酱果酱三明治并走上街头分发时,真正在我脑海中形成的。当时有位男士告诉我:“哦,我对坚果过敏。”我这才意识到,我们刚刚制作了1000个花生酱果酱三明治,而坚果过敏是排名第一的常见过敏源之一。
And it made me think that dignity was lost in how we are serving our unhoused, in how we're serving people in need.
这让我意识到,在我们为无家可归者以及有需要的人提供服务的方式中,尊严已经丧失。
And that too often we think, well, they're homeless or they're hungry, take this and be happy, forgetting the fact that they could have religious convictions, dietary restrictions, or they could plain out be allergic.
我们常常会想, 他们无家可归或饥饿难耐,给他们东西吃就该满足了, 却忽略了他们可能有宗教信仰、饮食限制,或者干脆就是对某些食物过敏。
And so I created this pop-up restaurant where I would rent tables and chairs and linens and print out menus and let people feel like they were dining at a restaurant.
于是,我创办了一家快闪餐厅,租来桌椅和桌布,印制菜单,让顾客感觉就像在餐厅用餐一样。
And a video went viral, and it was a 15-second clip.
然后一个视频走红了,那是一个15秒的片段。
I'll never forget it, because it was before Instagram allowed you to have, you know, minute-videos, longer videos.
我永远都不会忘记那一刻,因为那是在Instagram允许用户发布较短视频,即长视频之前的事。
So I woke up one morning really afraid because I had never, I mean obviously gone viral.
所以我有一天早上醒来时非常害怕,因为我从未——我是说显然没有——引发病毒式传播。
And I was like, what's going on on Facebook?
我当时就想,Facebook上发生了什么事?
I need to get off this app.
我需要退出这个应用。
It was like one of those things.
这就像那种事情之一。
And so I'm reading through millions of views and comments, and what people kept asking me was: Who donated the food?
于是我浏览了数百万的浏览量和评论,人们不断问我的问题是:谁捐赠了食物?
And the truth was, nobody, I was couponing, price-matching.
事实上,为了省钱,我那时在用优惠券,比对价格。
I would start cooking on Friday, Saturday, go out and feed about 300-500 people every Sunday.
我开始在周五、周六下厨,每个周日外出为大约300到500人提供餐食。
And so I was like, I need to get this food donated.
于是我心想,我得把这些食物捐出去。
I went to Google, fully expecting to get a list of all the businesses that are going to donate food to me to help me keep feeding people.
我满心期待地去了谷歌,希望能找到愿意捐食物给我的企业名单,这样我就能继续帮助更多人。
And I would, you know, live happily ever after.
然后,我会从此过上幸福的生活。
And instead I found about food waste.
而我反而发现了食物浪费的问题。
And I read an 86-page report by the Harvard Food Law Policy Group.
我阅读了哈佛食品法律政策小组发布的86页报告。
And as I'm reading through this, at this point now into the wee hours of the morning, I'm getting upset because I'm thinking about the people that are lined up at 9am for my 3pm feeding every Sunday, because they know that there's not a lot of people that come out to feed during the week.
当我读到这些内容时, 现在已经到了凌晨时分,我感到很不安, 因为我在想着那些每周日早上9点就排队等着我下午3点提供食物的人们,因为他们知道平时工作日里愿意来送餐的人并不多。
They were living at the former Metro Atlanta Peach Tree Homeless Task Force.
他们当时住在亚特兰大前桃树无家可归者特别工作队的所在地。
It was the only shelter in the city that would allow families to come.
这是城里唯一允许家庭入住的庇护所。
And that's so important.
这一点非常重要。
A lot of you all don't know, but if you are a homeless mother, you have a 15-year-old son, you guys have got to go to two different shelters.
许多人可能不知道, 如果你是一位无家可归的母亲,且有一个15岁的儿子, 你们必须分别前往两个不同的庇护所。
And so I was feeding all these people.
于是我便开始为这些人提供食物。
I learned about food waste, and I became upset.
我了解到食物浪费的问题后,感到非常不安。
And I was like, I'm going to solve this.
我当时就想,我一定要解决这个问题。
I'm going to do something, to your point, better and "Goodr." And that's what got me started.
我会做点什么,就像你说的,做得更好,并且“古德”。这就是我起步的原因。
MZ: So explain what Goodr does now, because from going to peanut butter sandwiches, it's impressive.
MZ:所以解释一下古德公司现在在做什么,因为从做花生酱三明治开始,真是令人印象深刻。
JCH: So now we have a two-sided business model as it relates to food waste.
JCH:因此,我们现在采用了一种双边商业模式来应对食物浪费问题。
We can help a business keep all of their food out of landfill.
我们可以帮助企业将所有食物远离垃圾填埋场。
If it's edible, we're getting it to people in need that are people like me feeding people: shelters, safe houses, domestic violence centers, churches.
只要是可食用的,我们就会将其送到有需要的人手中——这些人就像我一样,为他人提供食物:庇护所、安全屋、家庭暴力中心、教堂等机构。
One of our largest partners is communities and schools.
我们最大的合作伙伴之一是社区和学校。
We feed thousands of kids every week.
我们每周为成千上万的孩子提供食物。
So we keep edible food from going to landfill, and we are delivering it directly to people in need while giving all of our clients back a lot of data: how many pounds they're keeping out of the landfill, what does this mean for their CO2 emissions and their carbon footprint.
因此,我们阻止了可食用的食物被送往垃圾填埋场,同时将这些食物直接送达需要帮助的人们手中,并且为所有客户提供详尽的数据反馈:他们减少了多少磅的垃圾填埋量,这对他们的二氧化碳排放量和碳足迹意味着什么。
And then we have a hunger side of our business, which was birthed during the pandemic, that really focuses on creating sustainable solutions to solve hunger.
我们还有一项业务专注于解决饥饿问题,这是在疫情期间诞生的,致力于创造可持续的解决方案来应对饥饿。
We build free grocery stores inside of schools.
我们在学校内设立免费食品杂货店。
We have 28 right now around the country.
我们目前在全国有28个点。
We have grocery and meal delivery.
我们有杂货和餐食配送服务。
During the height of the pandemic, Goodr delivered all the meals to Atlanta Public School students that got free breakfast and lunch but were learning virtually.
在疫情高峰期,古德公司为亚特兰大公立学校的学生们送去了所有餐食,这些学生虽然在家进行线上学习,但仍能享受到免费的早餐和午餐。
So we made sure that they got food at home.
于是,我们确保了他们在家也能有食物吃。
So we really are solving hunger and food waste.
因此,我们确实在解决饥饿和食物浪费问题。
MZ: So can you just explain -- Can we give her -- (Applause) Part of me is like, 40 percent, that's such a crazy statistic.
MZ:那么, 你能解释一下吗——我们能给她——(掌声)我的一部分想法是,40%, 这个数据太惊人了。
JCH: It's a crazy number.
JCH:这个数字很疯狂。
MZ: Why, when you talk to the companies, nonprofits, like, what is happening that there is so much food available, but going nowhere?
MZ:为什么, 当你与那些公司、非营利组织交谈时,会发现明明有这么多食物可用,却无处可去?
JCH: It's a startling number.
贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿(JCH):这是一个惊人的数字。
If food waste itself was a country, it would be the third-largest country in the world.
如果食物浪费是一个国家,它将成为全球第三大国家。
So it's a lot of food.
所以有很多食物。
So you think about that.
所以你想想看。
Between the production, the transportation and the disposal nearly two percent of all US GDP we spend on food that, you know, we never even eat.
在生产、运输和处理过程中,我们花费了美国国内生产总值(GDP)近2%的资源在食物上,而这些食物我们甚至从未食用过。
And I think what it is is that the old guard is, we've always done it this way.
我认为问题在于老一派的人总是说:“我们一直都是这么做的。”
We've always thrown it away, and this is how we do it.
我们一直就这么扔掉它,这就是我们的做法。
And of course, when I was first starting, people were like, oh, well, if someone gets sick and we'll get sued.
当然,当我刚开始时,人们会说,“哦,如果有人生病了, 我们可能会被起诉。 ”
And so Goodr said, hey, we'll take on all of that onus.
于是,古德公司站出来说:“嘿,我们愿意承担这一切责任。”
We provide the packaging materials, we provide the labels.
我们提供包装材料,也提供标签。
When nonprofits receive the food, it comes from Goodr, they sign hold harmless agreements.
当非营利组织从古德公司接收食物时,他们需签署免责协议。
I have a multi-million-dollar liability insurance because the airport was my first customer, and we were driving on tarmacs, and I ended up having to get insurance that I wasn't quite ready for.
我购买了价值数百万美元的责任保险, 因为机场是我的第一个客户,我们当时在停机坪上行驶, 结果不得不购买了我尚未完全准备好的保险。
But it definitely helped the business.
但这无疑对生意有帮助。
And even with all of that, people will still say, "Well, we're just afraid." Or, "Our lawyers just can't wrap their heads around it." Or you know, "We're going to compost everything, even if it's edible." Which I'm still happier that it's not going into landfill if it gets composted.
即便如此,人们仍会说:“我们只是害怕。”或者,“我们的律师就是无法理解。”再或者,“我们会把所有东西都堆肥,即使它是可食用的。”对此我仍感到欣慰,因为至少它不会被填埋,而是被堆肥处理。
You know, of course, Goodr, we deliver to hog farms, we have anaerobic digesters we'll take food to.
当然,您知道古德公司,我们为养猪场提供配送服务,还设有厌氧消化装置,可以将食物运送至这些设施。
So we want to keep it out of landfill.
因此,我们希望避免将食物送往垃圾填埋场。
But feeding hungry people is not a priority for too many people in this country.
然而,在这个国家,太多人并不把解决饥饿问题当作首要任务。
And that's a problem.
这是个问题。
(Applause) MZ: Tomorrow, I am coming to see one of your facilities.
(掌声) 莫扎:明天,我将参观你们的一个设施。
JCH: I'm so excited about that, you're going to love it.
JCH:我对此非常兴奋,你们一定会喜欢的。
MZ: From what I understand, it's bread day, so bread is going to be coming in from all different places, and then you are going to be sorting it.
MZ:据我所知, 今天是面包日,所以会有来自各个地方的面包送来,然后你们要进行分类整理。
Some of it goes, as you said, to compost, if it's not for human consumption.
其中一部分,如你所说,会用于堆肥,如果它不适合人类食用的话。
JCH: Or to a hog farm.
贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿:或者运到养猪场。
MZ: Or to a hog farm, which is amazing.
MZ:或者送到猪场,这也太棒了。
JCH: Or a cattle farm, I think we have cattle farms now.
贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿:或者一个养牛场,我认为我们现在已经有养牛场了。
MZ: Yes you do, I've seen that.
MZ:是的,你确实有,我见过。
And then some will go, of course, to people, to schools, to hospitals or wherever else.
当然,还有一些会送到人们手中,送到学校,送到医院或其他地方。
But talk to me more from the corporate side.
不过,请从企业的角度再多谈谈。
How did you get people to come on board with this?
你是如何让人们加入这个计划的?
Did something have to change when it comes to laws and forcing companies to do this?
在法律层面是否需要有所改变,以强制公司执行这一措施?
Is it because they want to be able to say to their customers like, we are a sustainable company.
是因为他们想向顾客展示,我们是一家可持续发展的公司。
JCH: So what I used to do is I would go to the websites of the big hotel groups, the big food groups, and I would look at their sustainability reports.
贾斯敏:过去,我常常浏览各大酒店集团和食品集团的企业网站,查阅他们的可持续发展报告。
This is how I got the airport as a customer.
这就是我如何让机场成为客户的。
And I went to them and I said, "Hey, I'm looking at your waste tonnage, and 27 percent of this, according to the EPA, is food.
于是我找到他们,说:“嘿,我查看了你们的废弃物吨数,根据美国环保署的数据,其中27%是食物。”
So you guys wasted 25 million meals." Now I have no idea if that was true, but I looked at their sustainability report.
“你们浪费了2500万份餐食。 ” 虽然我不确定这个数字是否准确,但我查看了他们的可持续发展报告。
I used the EPA's calculation that food was the number one thing in landfill, and I was able to go back to the Atlanta airport and say, "Listen, you guys are sitting in College Park, the children in this city are living in poverty, and all this food is going to waste.
我采用了美国环保署的数据, 得知食物是垃圾填埋场中的头号废弃物。于是,我回到亚特兰大机场,对他们说:“听着, 你们所在的科里奇帕克区,城市里的孩子们正生活在贫困中,而这些食物却在被白白浪费。 ”
And this doesn't make any sense." And so the airport became one of our first large-scale customers.
“这根本说不通。”于是,机场成了我们首批大规模客户之一。
And you think of all of the grab-and-go food items that goes to waste every single night if it's not for Goodr.
如果没有古德公司,每晚都会有大量即取即走的食物被浪费掉。
And now that's why I need to be in more airports.
现在,这就是为什么我需要出现在更多机场的原因。
But getting that before it goes to waste and getting it to Gateway Center before Georgia workforce, their third shift is coming out and building half of this city.
然而,关键在于在食物被浪费之前获取它,并赶在乔治亚州劳动力的第三班次工人下班、这座城市半数人口归家之前,将其送达Gateway中心。
A lot of men that are trying to transition out of homelessness, them getting that meal, putting this food in our grocery stores and families taking it home for free.
许多试图摆脱无家可归状态的男性,他们通过获得那一餐饭, 将这些食物放入我们的杂货店, 并让家庭免费带回家。
This is what it does.
这就是它的功能。
So I think it was really about making people keep their promises.
所以我认为这实际上是关于让人们信守承诺。
You know, like, hey, I won't say the hotel group, but they had on their website and this is someone I'm trying to pitch now, and I was like, you guys said you're going to cut food waste in half by 2025.
你知道,比如说,嘿,我不说这家酒店集团的名字了,但他们在官网上写着这些内容, 而我现在正试图向他们推销,我当时就说, 你们不是说要在2025年前把食物浪费减少一半吗?
This is in two months.
这将在两个月内完成。
Why have you guys not started?
你们怎么还没开始呢?
What's the process?
流程是怎样的?
So a lot of times it's trying to hold their foot to the fire.
因此,很多时候需要对他们施加压力。
MZ: Can we clone Jasmine?
MZ:我们能克隆贾斯敏吗?
I want her holding all these companies accountable.
我希望她能让所有这些公司承担起责任。
(Applause) JCH: It's about keeping -- I think we live for the announcement and we as people don't follow up.
(掌声)贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿:关键在于持续——我认为我们人类往往只热衷于宣布消息,却很少跟进落实。
On the delivery, right?
是在送货,对吧?
Because for someone to invest millions, I mean, I don't even know how much a Super Bowl commercial costs, but I've heard it's like a million dollars per 30 seconds.
因为要让某人投资数百万,我的意思是, 我甚至不知道一个超级碗广告要花多少钱,但我听说每30秒就要花费一百万美元。
I could be wrong.
我可能是错的。
But to invest two to three million dollars and not follow up on your promise?
但投资了两三百万美元却不兑现承诺?
MZ: That's called greenwashing.
MZ:那叫作“漂绿”。
JCH: Yes, and that's a lot of that.
JCH:是的,这占了很大一部分。
MZ: So you're not just in Atlanta, though now.
MZ:所以你现在不仅仅是在亚特兰大发展了。
You've grown a lot.
你已经成长了许多。
JCH: Yes, so we are in 15 states, 26 markets.
贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿:是的,我们业务已覆盖15个州、26个市场。
So this is where we have food moving and being donated.
这就是我们的食物在移动和被捐赠的地方。
And then we have grocery stores in about five states, maybe six or seven now.
现在我们在大约五个州,可能现在已经扩展到六七个州,都有了杂货店合作伙伴。
But we are doing our food waste business obviously in more locations.
但我们显然在更多地区开展食物浪费业务。
MZ: Someone was asking me, they're like, but how do these companies keep track?
MZ:有人问我,他们是怎么追踪这些食物的?
Because it must be so random what they can get rid of.
因为能处理掉的东西一定是随机的。
And I said, well, actually, there's an app for that.
我说,其实,这事儿有个应用能解决。
Which, when I first heard about your app, I was like, that seems weird, but actually it is really the linchpin in making this new system work.
当我第一次听说你的应用时,我心想, 这听起来有点奇怪, 但实际上它正是让这个新系统运转起来的关键所在。
JCH: It's a logistics issue, that's really what I saw.
贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿(JCH):这是一个物流问题,这正是我所看到的。
So when and shout out to Jackie Chu, she runs TEDxAtlanta, and she convinced me to do my first TEDx Talk.
所以, 特别感谢贾姬·朱,她负责TEDx亚特兰大活动, 并说服我做了我的首次TEDx演讲。
And when I was talking to her about it, she was like, "Oh, I get it, it's a logistics problem." And I was like, you get it.
当我向她讲述这件事时,她恍然大悟地说:“哦, 我明白了,这是个物流问题。 ” 而我则心想,你终于懂了。
And that's really what it is.
这正是它的本质所在。
Hunger is not an issue of scarcity.
饥饿并非源于物资匮乏的问题。
And we hear about that, right?
我们确实听说过这些,对吧?
We need to produce more food, we need to grow more food We are wasting 40 percent of it.
我们需要生产更多的食物,需要种植更多的食物,但我们浪费了其中的40%。
It's really about logistics.
这实际上是关于物流的。
How do we connect this excess food with the millions of people that need it?
我们如何将这些多余的食物与数百万需要它们的人联系起来?
Seniors, their income doesn't change.
老年人,他们的收入不会改变。
We're going to be seniors, all of us.
我们都即将成为大四学生。
Some of us probably already are.
我们中的一些人可能已经是了。
But all of us, God willing.
但愿我们所有人都能如此。
And once you get to that point, it doesn't matter then if toilet paper goes up, if bread or eggs are more expensive.
一旦达到那个程度,卫生纸涨价、面包或鸡蛋变贵都无关紧要了。
This is all you have to work with.
这就是你所能利用的全部资源。
So it's really about how quickly can we match it.
所以这真的就是关于我们能多快地完成匹配。
So we inventory everything it is that they sell.
因此,我们对他们销售的每样商品都进行了详细盘点。
We create a very easy user experience where they click on the items, tell us how many, request the pick-up.
我们设计了非常简便的用户操作界面, 用户只需点击所需物品,告知数量, 并请求取货即可。
We leverage the shared economy that's already out there, and that's how we've been able to grow to a lot of different locations.
我们利用已有的共享经济模式,这就是我们能够扩展到多个地点的原因。
We don't have to hire our own drivers or purchase trucks and vehicles.
我们无需雇用自己的司机或购买卡车和车辆。
Now we do have a couple, but what we leverage is a driver that's already out there.
我们现在确实拥有几辆配送车,但我们利用的是已经在运营的司机。
And drivers love it.
司机们对此非常喜欢。
They're like, "Oh my God, I'm feeding people, I'm getting paid to do it." And they make it happen.
他们激动地说:“天哪,我居然在喂饱他人,还能因此获得报酬!” 他们就这样把事情办成了。
MZ: So, literally, like, the person, let's say I'm working at a big company and I work, you know, in the cafeteria area, I take out my phone, and what do I do?
MZ:所以, 打个比方,如果我在一家大公司工作,负责食堂区域, 我拿出手机,该怎么做呢?
JCH: Or it could go on your point of sale system and you click on the Goodr app, your menu is already there, and you're just clicking on the items that you have, saying, I've got 10 chicken breasts, I've got this.
JCH:或者, 它可以直接进入你的销售点系统, 你点击古德公司的应用,菜单已经预设好了, 你只需点击那些你现有的项目,比如,我有10块鸡胸肉,我有这些。
Our platform is calculating the approximate weight of those items.
我们的平台正在计算这些物品的大致重量。
So we pull a lot of that data from US Foods, Sysco, whoever they're ordering their food from, and then it's calculating the tax value of those items at the time of donation, which is a critical offering to our clients.
因此,我们从美国食品公司(US Foods)、西斯科公司(Sysco)等他们订购食品的供应商那里获取大量数据,然后在捐赠时计算这些物品的税值,这对我们的客户来说是一个关键的服务。
And once that food gets picked up, a nonprofit receives it.
一旦食物被收集起来,一个非营利组织就会接收这些食物。
They sign for it like they would a UPS package, and a donation letter with a picture of that donation from that nonprofit automatically goes to our client's portal.
他们像签收UPS包裹一样签收食物,同时, 一份附有该非营利组织捐赠照片的捐赠信会自动发送到我们客户的门户网站。
So now they see everything that they've donated, the nonprofit it went to, and a tax deduction receipt for what they donated.
现在,他们可以看到自己捐赠的所有物品、接收捐赠的非营利组织,以及他们捐赠物品的税务减免收据。
(Applause) MZ: And the carbon that they've saved?
(掌声)莫妮卡·泽:他们节省的碳排放量呢?
JCH: Yeah, we have a corporate social responsibility impact report as well as a sustainability.
JCH:是的,我们有一份企业社会责任影响报告以及一份可持续发展报告。
And actually, I remember one of my angel investors, she sits on the board of IHG, who's one of Goodr's customers, and she messaged me last year at their board meeting in London.
实际上, 我记得我的一个天使投资人,她同时也是古德公司客户之一——IHG酒店集团董事会的成员。去年, 她在伦敦参加董事会会议时给我发了消息。
And she was like, "Goodr is on the board report." They're literally talking about how we're cutting food waste with this company.
她当时说:“古德公司已列入董事会报告。”他们真的在讨论我们如何通过这家公司减少食物浪费。
MZ: So they're starting to show off by using you.
MZ:所以他们开始利用你来炫耀了。
JCH: As they should.
JCH:确实如此。
(Laughter) It's such a good thing, yeah.
(笑声)这真是个好主意,没错。
MZ: Growth.
MZ:增长。
I mean, we should be clear, you're not a nonprofit.
我的意思是,我们应该明确一点,你并不是一家非营利组织。
You are a B Corp.
你们是一家共益企业。
Why is that important to you?
为什么这对您如此重要?
Why did you decide to go for a for-profit company?
你为何决定创办一家盈利性公司?
Is it because that is something that you hope to scale?
是因为你希望将其规模化吗?
Where are the pros and cons with that?
这其中的利弊何在?
JCH: There was a couple things.
贾斯敏·克罗-休斯顿:有几个原因。
One, I think the nonprofit was going to be a much harder old guard to get past because everybody always donates to the food bank.
我认为,非营利组织这条路会更难走,因为传统观念根深蒂固,大家都习惯于向食物银行捐赠。
It's all we ever know, we've been doing canned food drives since we were eight.
这是我们从小就熟悉的事情,从八岁起就开始参与罐头食品募捐活动。
Our kids are still doing it in school now, and I felt like I was going to be spending a lot of time trying to gain respect in the nonprofit space.
我们的孩子们现在在学校还在做这件事,我觉得我将会花很多时间去在非营利领域赢得尊重。
The biggest piece that I saw, though, was that businesses were already paying to throw this food away.
然而, 我看到的最重要的一点是,企业已经在为丢弃这些食物而付费。
So this was not newfound spin.
这不是新近才有的花哨说辞。
They're already paying Waste Management, Republic Services, whoever their waste company is.
他们已经在向废物管理公司、共和废品处理公司或其他任何他们的废物处理公司支付费用了。
Mind you, the waste industry is a trillion-dollar industry.
请注意,废弃物处理行业是一个价值万亿美元的产业。
None of us ever say, let's just keep our trash.
我们中没人会说:“咱们就留着垃圾吧。”
We were like, is trash day missing?
我们当时想,难道是垃圾日被遗漏了吗?
Oh my God, it's a hurricane, they didn't run today.
天哪,飓风来了,他们今天没跑步。
We are paying for this on a daily basis.
我们每天都在为此买单。
So when I realized that, I realized that this was not going to be newfound spin for these businesses.
因此,当我意识到这一点时,我明白这对这些企业来说并不是一个新的负担。
It was going to be a better spin.
这将是一次更精彩的演绎。
So dollar for dollar, we're a little bit more expensive.
因此,按同等金额计算,我们的价格略高一些。
But the outcome, the return on the investment for our clients is far much greater than they would ever get from a traditional waste company.
然而,我们为客户带来的成果,即投资回报率,远超他们从传统废物处理公司所能获得的收益。
And so I do look at us as a triple bottom line, we're for people, we're for planet and we are for profit.
因此, 我认为我们公司遵循三重底线原则,即关注人、关注地球, 同时也追求利润。
来源:英语东