摘要:吉米老师整理了60篇晨读短文,既简单又精致,特别适合大家每天晨读练习口语。快为收藏读起来,每天读一篇,口语水平天天涨!
英语口语·吉米老师说
吉米老师整理了60篇晨读短文,既简单又精致,特别适合大家每天晨读练习口语。快为收藏读起来,每天读一篇,口语水平天天涨!
英语·双语美文
1
Be Happy
快乐
Active happiness -- not mere satisfaction or contentment
积极的快乐--并非单纯的满意或知足
often comes suddenly, like an April shower or the unfolding of a bud.
通常不期而至,就像四月里突然下起的春雨,或是花蕾的突然绽放。
Then you discover what kind of wisdom has accompanied it.
然后,你就会发觉与快乐结伴而来的究竟是何种智慧。
The grass is greener; bird songs are sweeter;
草地更为青翠,鸟鸣更为甜美,
the shortcomings of your friends are more understandable and more forgivable.
朋友的缺点也变的更能让人理解、宽容。
Happiness is like a pair of eyeglasses correcting your spiritual vision.
快乐就像一副眼镜,可以矫正你的精神视力。
Nor are the insights of happiness limited to what is near around you.
快乐的视野并不仅限于你周围的事物。
Unhappy, with your thoughts turned in upon your emotional woes, your vision is cut short as though by a wall.
当你不快乐时,你的思维陷入情感上的悲哀,你的眼界就像被一道墙给阻隔住了。
Happy, the wall crumbles.
而当你快乐时,这道墙会砰然倒塌。
The long vista is there for the seeing, the ground at your feet,
你的眼界变的更为宽广,你脚下的大地,
and the world about you-people, thoughts, emotions, and pressures-are now fitted into the larger scene.
你身边的世界,包括人、思想、情感和压力,现在都融入了更为广阔的景象之中。
Everything assumes a fairer proportion.
其间每件事物的比例都更加合理。
And here is the beginning of wisdom.
而这就是睿智的起始。
2
Everything has changed
一切都改变了
All I knew this morning when I woke
当我从今天的晨光中苏醒
Is I know something now, know something now I didn't before
我就开始察觉到了一些从前所没有察觉到的事情
All I've seen since 18 hours ago
睁开眼就看到18小时前(就在我身边的你)
Is green eyes and freckles and your smile
那明亮的碧眸 可爱的雀斑 暖心的微笑
In the back of my mind making me feel like
通通都印在我心 让我倍感安心
I just want to know you
此刻我只想更了解你
All my walls stood tall painted blue
我曾将心墙高竖 并将我心都涂成了忧郁的蓝
I'll take them down and open up the door for you
但此刻我愿意将它们一一推翻 将心门为你打开
All I feel in my stomach is butterflies the beautiful kind
我内心常忐忑不安 时而却又喜悦满怀
Making up for lost time
我们共同弥补从前的时光
Taking flight making me feel like
敞开心门 一切都让我那么心安
此刻我只想更了解你
Come back and tell me why
可否回到我身边 告诉我一切
I'm feeling like I've missed you all the time
我仿佛已无法停止对你的想念
And meet me there tonight
可否今晚就与我相见
Let me know that it's not all in my mind
让我知道你也有同样的感觉
此刻我只想更了解你
All I know is we said hello
只是那么一句简单的问候
So dust off your highest hopes
就能心火重燃 希望浮现
All I know is pouring rain
仿佛一场倾盆大雨
And everything has changed
一瞬间你我的世界就都已改变
All I know is a new found grace
生活中新的光亮也仿佛出现在眼前
All my days I'll know your face
我知道我这一生都会铭记你的脸
All I know since yesterday
我知道自昨天起
Is everything has changed
你我的世界就都已改变
3
Overcome anxiety
战胜焦虑
Anxiety is difficult, but there are handy tricks you can use, which are proven to work well to lift your mood.
战胜焦虑并不容易,但这里的一些小贴士,能帮助你快速改善心情。
Use these tricks to build a more positive mindset and keep the black dog at bay.
利用贴士建立起乐观心态,走出焦虑。
Stop ruminating
不要想太多
A lot of bad moods are worsened by the fact that you keep thinking about them, and feeling sorry for yourself.
想得越多,心情越糟,自己越难受。
Stop being so concerned with how you feel.
不要过分关注自己的负面情绪。
You'll never change things by getting stuck in thinking about them-take action instead, to make things better.
想再多也是于事无补,倒不如行动起来,让事情更顺心。
Don't over-analyze
不要过度分析
Running through exactly what has gone wrong, and picking it to pieces, rarely helps.
对过错耿耿于怀、细化分析,对缓解焦虑毫无帮助。
Instead of endlessly going over the problem, and getting bogged down in the details, start thinking about possible solutions.
与其无休止的回想问题,深陷于细枝末节处无法自拔,倒不如想想有效的解决办法。
Don't fret about the future
莫担忧未来
The only power you have to change things is in the present moment,
你只能改变当下的事情,
so it's a waste of time worrying about the future, especially as you have no idea how things may turn out.
所以,担心未来是件浪费时间的事情,特别是你对事情的走向一无所知时。
Instead, take positive steps now, so you can handle whatever life throws at you.
相反,从现在开始积极行动,这样才能经受住生活的考验。
Stop being a victim
别把自己当成受害者
When you're feeling low, it's easy to get caught up in believing that bad things are happening because of you.
当你情绪低落时,你会以为那些不愉快皆是因你而起。
Don't allow yourself to believe that you're a victim.
不要把自己当成受害者。
You have the power to choose how you react to the problems-and that's the most powerful thing of all.
你有能力去选择自己应对困难的心态,态度决定一切。
4
I Could
我可以
I could dream of you forever, but it wouldn't put me beside you.
我可以一直梦见你,但梦中你却不在我身边。
I could call your name on end, but you'll never hear me.
我可以一直呼唤你的名字,但你却永远听不见我的声音。
I could ask a million questions, but I'll never get the answer I want.
我可以问百万个问题,但我永远得不到想要的答案。
I could write a hundred poems, but you would still never understand.
我可以写下百篇诗歌,但你却仍然不会了解。
I could have said it before it was time to leave, but I said it in a little note.
我本可以在离开之前把话说出来,但我只敢写在小纸条上。
I could try to forget what I feel, but I've pushed too much out already.
我想试着去忘记我的感受,但我已经走出太远。
I could lie to myself, but lying exhausts the soul.
我可以骗我自己,但谎言已经耗尽了我的灵魂。
I could give up on you, but too much of me still loves you.
我可以放弃你,但是我仍然爱着你。
05
What Life Should Be
生活应该是什么样
To learn while still a child
我们应该从还是孩童时就要学习
What this life is meant to be
什么是生活真正的意义
To know it goes beyond myself
它超越自我
It's so much more than me
比自我更有意义
To overcome the tragedies
为了克服悲剧
To survive the hardest times
为了熬过最艰难的时刻
To face those moments filled with pain
当面对那些充满痛苦的时刻
And still manage to be kind
仍要守住善良
To still stand up with courage
带着勇气屹立
Though standing on my own
即使只有我自己
To still get up and face each day
每天站起来面对
Even when I feel alone
即使我会感到孤单
To try to understand the ones
试着去理解别人
That no one cares to know
那些没人关心的人
And make them feel some value
让他们重拾对自己的价值认知
When the world has let them go
当世界放弃他们之时
To live a life of decency
有尊严的活着
To share my heart and soul
分享我的内心与灵魂
To always say I'm sorry
对他人表达歉意
When I've harmed both friend and foe
当我伤害了自己的朋友和敌人
To be proud of whom I've tried to be
为自己想要成为的自己而骄傲
And this life I chose to live
这是我自己选择的生活
To make the most of every day
充分利用每一天
By giving all I have to give
努力付出一切
To live a life that matters
过有意义的人生
To be someone of great worth
做对社会有价值的人
To love and be loved in return
爱他人也接受他人的爱
And make my mark on Earth
在地球上留下我的痕迹
6
Happy Wedding Anniversary
结婚纪念日快乐
A rose for every year
每一年的那支玫瑰
Many smiles for every tear
每滴泪水都为笑容
Way more of the first than ever of the latter
比起前者更优先后者
What's deep in our hearts is all that really matters
内心深处才是我们重要的一切
We've learned a lot, yet still a lot to learn
我们学到了很多,但还有很多要学
For that "smile in your eyes" my heart still yearns
“你眼中的笑意”仍是我内心的渴望
Keep giving me a chance to show you my love
请给我机会让我继续表达我对你的爱
We've always found a way to rise above
我们总是能找到克服问题的方法
We know what we have and we've made it this far
我们知晓我们所拥有的一切并走到了现在
We often say to each other just how lucky we are
我们总是和彼此诉说自己有多么幸运
To have what we have when we look in their eyes
当我们看向他们的目光,我们就拥有了一切
We both know we've been given the ultimate prize
我们都知晓我们已经得到了最棒的战利品
A family who cares and can say how they feel
一个互相关爱、直言不讳的家
There is no doubt this family is real
毫无疑问这个家是存在的
It's a life full of hustle that is crazy sometimes
有时生活奔波而疯狂
But I can honestly say these are the "BEST of times"
但我会诚实地说这些都是“最棒的时光”
You have in your heart what I can't live without
你的心中拥有我赖以生存的力量
These past few years have been so special to me
过去的几年对我而言都是那么独一无二
I think I see now what everyone else can see
我想我知晓了每个人都能看到的一切
HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
结婚纪念日快乐
7
Summertime
夏日时光
Longer days and shorter nights
更长的白天,更短的夜
Darker shades and brighter lights
更浓重的阴影,更亮的光
Louder music and wilder friends
更喧嚣的音乐,更热闹的朋友
No need for pencils, no need for pens
不需要书写,也不需要画笔
The parties are turned up
我们办起聚会
The grills are burnt up
支起烧烤
The drinks are getting drunk up
喝得起劲儿
Everybody is pumped up
所有人嗨起来了
Make these days the time of your life
让白日的时光成就你的人生
And make the nights just as right
让那些夜晚都恰如其分
This time only comes once a year
这段时光一年中只有一次
So live it up, don't have any fears
所以狂欢一场,别再畏惧
Everybody's happy, and it's time to play
所有人都嗨起来,正是好时光
You already know it's summertime
你知道这就是夏日时光
When you were here before
你在这里时
Couldn't look you in the eye
我不敢直视你的眼睛
You're just like an angel
你就像个天使
Your skin makes me cry
你的肌肤都让我哭泣
You float like a feather
你像羽毛一样
In a beautiful world
在一个美丽的世界
I wish I was special
我多希望我是特别的
You're so very special
你是那么的独特
I don't care if it hurts
我不在乎痛苦
I wanna have control
我想要支配命运
I want a perfect body
我想要完美的躯体
I want a perfect soul
我想要无暇的灵魂
I want you to notice
我想要你的注意
When I'm not around
当我不在的时候
你是如此的独特
I wish I were special
我希望我也是特别的
Whatever makes you happy
无论什么使你开心
Whatever you want
无论你想要什么
你是这样的独特
我希望我也是特别的
But I'm a creep
但我是个懦夫
I'm a weirdo
我是个怪胎
What on earth am I doin' here
我在这里做什么
I don't belong here
我不属于这里
9
I Want To Be A Better Person
我想成为更好的人
I want to be the kind of person who gives without expecting anything in return instead of continuing my selfish streak.
我想成为一个付出但不求回报的人,而不是继续做自私自利的事。
I want to spread love. I want to encourage peace.
我想要爱与和平。我想做些好事。
I want to feel good about doing good instead of only caring about myself.
我想让自己开心,而不是只关注自己。
I want to be the kind of person who is overflowing with confidence instead of thinking so low of myself.
我想成为一个散发自信的人,而不是去低估自己。
I want to hold my head up high.
我想要勇往直前。
I want to believe I can accomplish anything.
我想要去相信自己可以做成任何事。
I want to believe that I am worthy of love and success.
我想去相信我值得爱与成功。
I want to be the kind of person who congratulates other people on their accomplishments instead of secretly seething with jealousy
因为在我看来,能够完成自己梦想的人都比我更了不起,
because in my mind, anyone who accomplishes their dreams is doing better than me.
因为在我看来,能够完成自己梦想的人都比我更了不起。
I want to be the kind of person who is willing to take chances instead of attempting to blend into the background.
我想成为一个敢于冒险的人,而不是甘于随波逐流。
I want to forward my career. I want to take risks for love.
我想追求我的事业,我想为爱去冒险。
I want to find my courage and take steps forward instead of remaining stuck in the same place.
我想拥有勇气向前迈进,而不是甘于停滞不前。
I want to be the kind of person who goes out of the way to help others instead of turning down invitations out of inconvenience.
我想成为一个不怕麻烦去帮助别人的人,而不是狠心拒绝他人。
I want my loved ones to feel like they can always rely on me.
我希望我爱的人能够依赖我。
I want them to trust that I will be there for them, no matter what time of night they need me.
我希望他们给予我信任,相信我会无论何时都会一直陪在他们身边。
I want to be a better person -- and I am actively trying to change myself every single day.
我想成为一个更好的人--我每天都在努力改变自己。
I am trying to make myself proud.
我想为自己感到骄傲。
I don't know if I will have the time to write any more letters, because I might be too busy trying to participate.
我不知道我是否还有时间继续写信,因为我正忙着学会参与。
So, if this does end up being the last letter, I just want you to know that I was in a bad place before I started high school.
所以,如果这是最后一封信,我想告诉你,在高中之前,我的生活很不好过。
And you helped me.
是你给了我光明。
Even if you didn't know what I was talking about, or know someone who's gone through it, it made me not feel alone.
即使你并不明白我在说什么,也不知道这是谁的曾经,这一切让我不再孤独。
Because I know there are people who say all of these things don't happen.
因为我知道有些人会说,这些不可能都是真的。
And there are people who forget what it's like to be 16 when they turn 17.
还有一些人,一到十七岁就忘记了十六岁的感觉。
I know these will all be stories someday.
我知道有一天,所有这些都会成为往事。
And our pictures will become old photographs.
我们的容颜会定格在老照片里。
And we'll all become somebody's mom or dad.
我们也会为人父母。
But right now, these moments are not stories.
但是现在,这些瞬间还未过去。
This is happening. I am here.
它们正在发生。就在当下。
And I am looking at her. And she is so beautiful.
我看着她。她是那样的美丽。
I can see it. This one moment when you know you're not a sad story.
我看见了。这一瞬间,你知道自己不是悲剧的主角。
You are alive. And you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder.
你充满生命力。你站起来,欣赏灯光璀璨的夜色,看着眼前让你惊叹的一切。
And you are listening to that song on that drive with the people you love most in this world.
听着音乐,兜着风,和最爱的人们在一起。
And in this moment, I swear, we are infinite.
我敢说,在这一刻,我们拥有无限。
来源:教英语音乐的呦呦