88岁奥斯卡影后简·方达 2025南加州大学安嫩伯格学院毕业演讲

B站影视 韩国电影 2025-06-05 18:16 2

摘要:Thank you, USC, Annenberg School of Communication, and especially Dean Willow Bay.

Thank you.

谢谢

Thank you, USC, Annenberg School of Communication, and especially Dean Willow Bay.

感谢南加州大学、安嫩伯格传播学院,特别是院长威洛·贝。

Thank you for inviting me to speak today.

感谢邀请我今天来此演讲。

And thank you to all you parents and guardians who have supported your child.

感谢所有支持自己孩子的父母和监护人。

in their journey in so many different ways, and you graduates.

在他们的旅程中以如此多的不同方式,以及你们这些毕业生们。

Hi, everybody.

大家好。

I'm so honored to be here today for you.

今天能来到这里与你们在一起,我感到无比荣幸。

Congratulations for reaching this milestone of a day.

祝贺你们达到了这一天的里程碑。

This launches a new chapter in your lives.

这标志着你们人生新篇章的开启。

You know, there's a lot of things that I'd like to say, I'm going to say two kind of little-ish things that could make a big difference in your lives going forward, and then I'm going to talk about two really big things that could make a difference for the future of mankind.

你们知道,我有很多话想说,但今天我只讲两点小事, 它们可能会对你们未来的生活产生重大影响;然后,我会谈谈两件大事, 它们可能关系到人类未来的命运。

How does that sound?

听起来怎么样?

I don't think that a graduating class has ever gone out into a world that is more uncertain and polarized You know, being young and starting out is always hard, but you're going to be facing unique challenges.

我认为,你们这一届毕业生即将踏入的世界, 比以往任何时候都更加充满不确定性, 也更加分裂。你们知道,年轻时起步总是艰难的,但你们将面临独特的挑战。

And so my first bit of advice, develop a toolkit of self-care.

因此,我的第一条建议是,培养一套自我关怀的工具箱。

I'm not kidding.

我不是在开玩笑。

Learn techniques to soothe your anxieties, to calm yourself, to stay resilient in the face of hardships.

学习安抚焦虑、平复心情、在困境面前保持坚韧的技巧。

There are techniques and meditation and other things to help you do this.

有一些技巧、冥想和其他方法可以帮助你实现这一点。

And believe me, you're going to need them.

相信我,你们会需要它们的。

Next, don't let anxiety or depression or hopelessness cause you to isolate.

其次,不要让焦虑、抑郁或绝望感导致你孤立自己。

On the contrary, Grow yourself a deep, solid community of people who share your values.

相反,要建立一个深厚、稳固的社区,里面的人与你拥有共同的价值观。

Have each other's backs.

相互支持,彼此扶持。

Check up on each other regularly.

定期互相照看。

And be intentional about this.

要有意识地去做这件事。

You know, in these uncertain times, we need to strengthen our ties to community, to our colleagues, our friends, and family.

你知道,在当前这个充满不确定性的时期,我们需要加强与社区、同事、朋友和家人的联系。

Because more and more, we're going to need this support for safety, for love, for help, for fun, let's not forget fun, and for survival.

因为越来越多地,我们将需要这种支持来保障安全、获得关爱、寻求帮助、享受乐趣——别忘了乐趣,以及为了生存。

You may not be aware of this, but since the 1980s, there's been a concerted effort to promote individualism.

你可能没有意识到, 但从20世纪80年代起,就有人刻意推动个人主义。

You know, I'm here for me and mine.

你知道,我是为了我自己和我的人。

And this shift to individualism is no accident.

这种向个人主义的转变并非偶然。

It's being driven by people who want us dis-empowered.

这一现象是由那些希望我们失去权力的人所推动的。

The myth of the rugged individual who needs no one is just that.

那个所谓不需要任何人的孤独个体的神话,不过是虚构罢了。

It's a myth created by stories through culture, told through culture, and the kinds of things that you all are going to be doing.

这是一个由文化中的故事所创造的神话,这些故事通过文化传播,而你们所有人即将从事的工作正是这类事情。

So graduate students, working with words and images, do the reverse.

所以,毕业生们,在处理文字和图像时,我们要反其道而行之。

Encourage community versus individualism.

倡导社区精神,而非个人主义。

Thank you.

谢谢

Do you guys realize the power that you have?

你们意识到自己所拥有的力量了吗?

You are the people who can shape the stories by which we define ourselves and our place in the world.

你们是能够塑造那些定义我们自身及在世界中位置的故事的人。

And that's why I want to speak to you about the big stuff.

这就是为什么我想和你们谈谈那些重要的事情。

which is why we need friends and community and self-care, why these things are so critical right now, and why courage is more important than ever.

这就是为什么我们需要朋友、社区和自我关怀,为什么这些在当下如此关键,以及为什么勇气比以往任何时候都更为重要。

You are graduating into uncharted territory.

你们正踏入一片未知的领域,迎来毕业。

This country, not to mention the world, has never faced anything like the challenges we face today.

这个国家,乃至整个世界,从未面临过像我们今天所遇到的这样严峻的挑战。

And because you all have been studying journalism, public relations, and communication, you have the power to help shape how we face these challenges.

因为你们都学习了新闻学、公共关系和传播学,你们有能力帮助塑造我们应对这些挑战的方式。

There are two unprecedented and deeply interconnected challenges before us.

我们正面临着两个空前且紧密相连的巨大挑战。

democracy, and climate.

民主,以及气候。

And for both, it is now or never.

对于这两者,现在是行动的最后机会。

Right now, we are losing the democratic norms, capacity, and infrastructure that we need to solve climate and everything else.

当前,我们正在失去解决气候问题以及所有其他问题所需的民主规范、能力和基础设施。

And we're losing the climate stability to solve democracy and everything else.

我们正在失去气候的稳定,而这对于解决民主问题及其他一切至关重要。

We will win.

我们终将胜利。

Thank you.

谢谢

We're going to win or lose these two things together.

我们将共同赢得或失去这两样东西。

And I'm going to start with democracy.

我将从民主开始讲起。

Our voting rights and our civil rights are under attack.

我们的投票权和公民权正受到攻击。

Voting really matters.

投票确实至关重要。

That's why it's under attack.

这就是为什么它正受到攻击。

So fight for your rights and encourage others to do the same.

所以,为你的权利而战,并鼓励他人也这样做。

Make voting great again.

让投票再次伟大。

And encourage people who vote to vote with knowledge.

并鼓励那些有投票权的人以知识为基础进行投票。

Study up on who you're thinking about voting for.

研究一下你打算投票支持的对象。

Does the candidate take money from oil, gas, and coal or from Big Pharma?

这位候选人是从石油、天然气、煤炭行业,还是从大型制药公司获取资金?

Because lots of them do.

因为很多人确实如此。

The Democrats every bit as much as the Republicans, by the way.

顺便说一下,民主党人和共和党人一样。

If they do, it means they're supporting what benefits corporations and not what benefits you.

如果他们这样做,那就意味着他们支持的是有利于公司而非有利于你们的利益。

And vote all the way down the ballot.

并且要一路投票到选票的最后。

That means don't forget the sheriff, the school board, public utilities, the city council.

这意味着不要忘记治安官、学校董事会、公共事业部门以及市议会。

You would be amazed, you would be amazed at how much power these down-ballot offices can wield when it comes to democracy and climate.

你会感到惊讶,当涉及到民主和气候问题时,这些基层职位竟然能发挥如此巨大的力量。

Another constitutional right that's being criminalized today is legal protest.

另一项正被刑事化的宪法权利是合法抗议。

Now listen up, guys.

听着,伙计们。

Here is the honest-to-God truth.

这是千真万确的事实。

Your children having a livable future will depend on whether we end our addiction to oil, gas, and coal.

你们的孩子们能否拥有一个宜居的未来,取决于我们是否能戒除对石油、天然气和煤炭的依赖。

Well, there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for that.

好吧,大家对这个提议似乎不太热情。

But we'll work on it.

但我们正在努力解决这个问题。

And to accomplish this, along with voting, requires engaging in advocacy, and sometimes even nonviolent protests.

为了实现这一目标, 除了投票之外,还需要参与倡导, 有时甚至需要进行非暴力抗议。

These lawful actions are being criminalized right now.

这些合法行为现在正被当作犯罪来对待。

And that's because those who stand to lose the most from a unified and engaged public, including big polluters who drive the climate crisis, they don't want us protesting.

这是因为那些从统一且积极参与的公众中损失最大的人,包括推动气候危机的大型污染者,他们不希望我们进行抗议。

But it's not a democracy if we can't legally protest.

但如果我们无法合法地进行抗议,那就不是真正的民主。

Let's all remember that throughout history, the history of this country, starting with the Boston Tea Party, all of the rights that we enjoy today were fought for with protests.

让我们铭记, 纵观历史,从波士顿倾茶事件开始,这个国家的一切权利, 都是通过抗议斗争得来的。

The eight-hour workday, child labor laws, women's right to vote, clean air and clean water, all of this This was all fought for by people in the streets, forcing officials to give them what they desperately needed.

八小时工作制、童工法、妇女投票权、清洁的空气和水,这一切都是人们在街头斗争得来的,他们迫使官员们给予他们迫切需要的东西。

And those people in the streets were demonized, they were beaten, they were imprisoned and even murdered.

那些走上街头的人们被妖魔化,遭受殴打、监禁, 甚至被杀害。

And today we honor those historical heroes.

今天,我们向那些历史上的英雄们致敬。

For example, back in the 50s, Rosa Parks and her husband were fired from their jobs and driven out of Montgomery with death threats because she dared to sit on a bus where white people only were supposed to sit.

例如,回到50年代,罗莎·帕克斯和她的丈夫因她敢于坐在本应仅限白人乘坐的公交车上而被解雇,并因死亡威胁被迫离开蒙哥马利。

And today, schools are named after Rosa Parks, statues erected in her honor.

如今,学校以罗莎·帕克斯的名字命名,她的荣誉雕像也已树立。

When she died, her casket was placed in honor in the nation's capital.

在她去世后,她的灵柩被庄严地安置在首都。

See, time and information change things.

你看,时间和信息能改变一切。

And you all are the deliverers of information.

你们都是信息的传递者。

You all probably don't know this, but the last time I spoke to a large group of students on campus at USC, I was hung in effigy from the branch of a nearby tree, I think it was.

你们可能不知道, 上次我在南加州大学的校园里对一大群学生演讲时,我的模拟像被挂在附近的一棵树上,我想应该是这样。

And yet here I am today delivering your commencement speech.

然而,今天我站在这里,为你们发表毕业演讲。

See, opinions change.

你看,观点是会改变的。

I'm telling you this today because you are graduating into a country where people fighting to save democracy and the planet using those same constitutionally protected rights are being vilified, sued for millions of dollars, and imprisoned.

我今天告诉你这一点, 是因为你们即将进入一个国家, 在那里,那些为了拯救民主和地球而使用宪法保护权利的人正在受到诋毁、被起诉巨额赔偿,并被关进监狱。

So I call on all of you today, soon to be professional communicators, public relationalists, is that a word?

因此, 我今天呼吁你们所有人, 即将成为专业传播者和公共关系专家的你们,这个称呼算是个词吗?

And journalists, I call on you.

记者们,我在此呼吁你们。

to resist the pressure to vilify peaceful protesters.

抵制将和平抗议者妖魔化的压力。

Help people understand that in a time of escalating climate crisis and the dismantling of democracy, protest is not just protected and effective, it is imperative.

帮助人们理解, 在气候危机加剧和民主制度瓦解的时代,抗议不仅是受保护和有效的,更是不可或缺的。

As I said earlier, we face two unprecedented and interconnected challenges.

正如我之前所说,我们面临着两个前所未有的且相互关联的挑战。

Climate is the other one.

另一个是气候。

And climate is the existential problem.

气候是关乎生存的根本问题。

And it's not being talked about in those terms.

这并没有以这种方式被讨论。

The climate clock is ticking.

气候时钟正在滴答作响。

At a certain point, the heat that's being trapped within the atmosphere by the blanket of pollution that we are wrapping around the globe because of burning oil, gas, and coal, the heat will get so severe that crucial ecosystems that we depend on for our survival are going to collapse, like the ocean and the forests, which provide our oxygen.

在某个时刻, 由于我们燃烧石油、天然气和煤炭, 用污染的毯子包裹地球,导致大气中积聚的热量将达到如此严重的程度, 以至于我们赖以生存的关键生态系统将会崩溃,比如提供我们氧气的海洋和森林。

like insects, bats, bees, birds, butterflies that provide a third or more of our food through pollinization.

如同那些通过授粉为我们提供三分之一以上食物的昆虫、蝙蝠、蜜蜂、鸟类和蝴蝶一样。

Pollination, politicization, pollination.

授粉、政治化、再授粉。

They pollinate.

它们授粉。

You know, when I, back in the 50s when I drove home from college, my windshield would be covered with squashed insects that would have been splattered during the drive.

你知道,当我,回到50年代, 从大学开车回家时,我的挡风玻璃上会布满在行驶过程中被撞扁的昆虫。

This is probably not going to happen to you when you drive home, if you drive home.

这大概不会在你开车回家时发生,如果你开车回家的话。

And that'll probably make you happy because you don't have to clean your windshield so much.

这可能会让你高兴,因为你不用那么频繁地擦挡风玻璃了。

But it's not good.

但情况并不乐观。

It's not good.

这不好。

Those insects, like the ocean and the forests, those are our allies in the fight for survival.

那些昆虫,如同海洋和森林一样,都是我们在生存斗争中的盟友。

You will go on from here to be communicators of one sort or another.

你们将从这里出发,成为各种形式的传播者。

You'll be working with words and images to tell stories and create slogans that set social norms.

你们将运用文字和图像来讲述故事、创造标语,以此塑造社会规范。

Things like, should I buy new clothes every season?

诸如“我是否应该每季都购买新衣服?”之类的问题。

Is shopping locally at a farmer's market a good idea?

在农贸市场本地购物是个好主意吗?

Are the peaceful protesters bad people or citizens exercising their rights?

和平抗议者是坏人,还是行使自己权利的公民?

You are the ones who will help establish the norms.

你们将是确立这些规范的人。

So try to use your voices, your words and stories to motivate people.

因此,尝试运用你们的嗓音、言辞和故事来激励人们。

to reduce the pollution that's killing us, to reduce the overconsumption that's destroying our landscapes and ocean with waste and the burning of oil, gas, and coal.

减少那些正在危害我们生命的污染,遏制过度消费,这种消费正通过垃圾和石油、天然气、煤炭的燃烧,摧毁我们的陆地景观和海洋。

Use your skills to show people what it looks like to live in harmony with nature.

运用你们的技能,向人们展示与自然和谐共处的生活方式。

Do they really need all those toys to prove their worth?

他们真的需要那些玩具来证明自己的价值吗?

Shouldn't our worth come through our deeds and not our stuff?

我们的价值难道不应该通过我们的行为,而非物质财富来体现吗?

If you write or talk about the apocalyptic fires we had last January, don't neglect to tie their ferocity to the climate crisis.

如果你写或谈到去年一月我们经历的末日般的大火,请不要忽略将它们的猛烈程度与气候危机联系起来。

Help people understand.

帮助人们理解。

You know, you can see a homeless person and the story is they didn't work hard.

你知道,你可能会看到一个无家可归的人,而故事的叙述是他们不够努力。

They didn't pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

他们不是白手起家的。

Or you can have a new story.

或者,你可以创造一个全新的故事。

We're all better off when we're all better off.

大家好,我们共同进步时,每个人都会受益。

and advocate for protecting social safety nets.

并倡导保护社会安全网。

You can redefine sufficiency to be about health, balance, community, ecological resilience, not accumulating more stuff.

你可以重新定义充足,使其关乎健康、平衡、社区、生态韧性,而不是积累更多的东西。

And here's the new story.

以下是新的故事。

I have enough.

我心满意足。

What we need now are strong communities and a healthy planet.

我们现在需要的是强大的社区和健康的地球。

The good news is, and I want you to know this, what we face, the challenges, they are winnable.

好消息是,我想让你知道,我们面临的挑战是可以战胜的。

Times are very hard, but not hopeless.

times are very hard, but not hopeless. 的翻译是: 时局非常艰难,但并非毫无希望。

I want you to know that.

我希望你们知道这一点。

Across the country, people are pushing back, holding the line against the dismantling of democracy.

在全国各地,人们正在挺身而出,坚守阵地,反对民主制度的瓦解。

People are advancing more climate solutions than you can imagine all across the country.

全国各地正在推进的气候解决方案超乎你的想象。

I mean, it's stunning, really, what people are doing.

我真的觉得,人们所做的事令人震惊。

There is definitely reason for hope.

确实有理由抱有希望。

But hope takes action.

但希望需要行动。

It's easy to be optimistic.

保持乐观很容易。

Everything's going to be fine.

一切都会好起来的。

But you don't do anything to make it so.

但你并没有做任何事情来让它实现。

Hope is a muscle, like the heart.

希望如同心脏,是一种肌肉。

It's when we take action that hope comes alive.

当我们采取行动时,希望就会变得鲜活起来。

Vaclav Havel, the playwright that became the president of Czechoslovakia, once said, hope is not the conviction that everything is going to turn out well, but the certainty that something is worth doing no matter how well it turns out.

捷克斯洛伐克剧作家、后成为总统的瓦茨拉夫·哈维尔曾言:“希望并非坚信一切终将好转,而是确信有些事无论结果如何都值得为之奋斗。”

So act.

所以行动起来。

Be brave.

勇敢一点。

Talk about these crises with your friends.

与你的朋友们讨论这些危机。

Write about these crises.

书写这些危机。

Join an organization that's working on them.

加入一个致力于解决这些问题的组织。

You'll meet new friends, new community.

你会结识新朋友,加入新社区。

You'll have fun.

你会玩得开心的。

And life will become more meaningful because you'll be living for things bigger than yourself.

生活将因此变得更加有意义,因为你将为了超越个人的伟大事业而活。

You know, I've tried it both ways.

你知道,这两种方式我都试过。

This is better.

这样更好。

Trust me.

You only knew what I meant.

你完全理解我的意思。

People who shape society's stories are the most powerful people in the society.

塑造社会故事的人是社会中最有权力的人。

And that's you.

那就是你们。

Dear graduates, that is you.

亲爱的毕业生们,那就是你们。

And I wish you courage and love as you go flex your muscles.

祝你在展露肌肉时拥有勇气和爱。

Thank you.

谢谢

来源:英语东

相关推荐