Sara英语课堂- 母语者超爱的 10 个词汇 10 MAGIC WORDS

B站影视 2024-12-04 21:41 2

摘要:Now, coming back to our lesson today, we are going to expand our vocabulary with ten more expressive adjectives.

Hey everyone, welcome back to part two of expressive adjectives.

大家好,欢迎回到表达性形容词的第二部分。

In the first part, we have covered some amazing expressive adjectives.

在第一部分中,我们已经介绍了一些令人惊叹的表达性形容词。

If you have missed it, don't worry.

如果你错过了,不用担心。

I have posted the link right here as well as down below, so make sure you check it out.

我已经在这里以及下方发布了链接,所以一定要去看看。

Now, coming back to our lesson today, we are going to expand our vocabulary with ten more expressive adjectives.

现在,回到我们今天的课程,我们将通过十个更具表现力的形容词来扩展我们的词汇量。

I'm your English coach, Niharika.

我是你的英语老师 Niharika。

And if you haven't subscribed to the channel yet, go ahead, and hit that subscribe button and click on the bell icon so you never miss a new lesson.

So, are you ready to level up, From using the basic words to some advanced alternatives?

那么,你准备好从使用基本词汇提升到一些高级替代词了吗?

Awesome, let's begin.

太棒了,我们开始吧。

Now, when you find something that takes you by surprise, or it is quite impressive. you probably say, wow, that's awesome, right?

现在,当你发现某件事让你感到惊讶,或者它相当令人印象深刻时,你可能会说:哇,真棒,对吧?

But let's be honest, awesome is a bit overused now, isn't it?

但说实话,awesome 这个词现在有点被过度使用了,不是吗?

So, why not upgrade from awesome with a better alternative?

那么,为什么不升级一下 awesome,换个更好的替代词呢?

Instead of saying awesome, try using astonishing.

试试用 astonishing 代替 awesome。

It would really make what you are describing stand out.

这真的会让你所描述的东西更加突出。

For example, the view from the mountain top was astonishing.

例如,从山顶看到的景色令人惊叹。

Her balletperformance was astonishing.

她的芭蕾舞表演令人惊叹。

Isn't it astonishing, the speed at which technology is advancing.

科技进步的速度不是很令人惊叹吗?

Well, doesn't astonishing sound much better than amazing or awesome?

Astonishing 听起来是不是比 amazing 或 awesome 好得多?

When you are describing something that leaves you in awe, use the word astonishing.

当你描述某件让你感到敬畏的事情时,使用 astonishing 这个词。

Moving on, let's look at a word which you can use instead of saying perfect.

继续,我们来看看一个可以用来代替 perfect 的词。

Well, the word is flawless.

这个词是 flawless。

Flawless means everything is perfect and there are no mistakes.

Flawless 意味着一切都很完美,没有错误。

For instance, you can say that the dance routine of the students was flawless.

例如,你可以说学生们的舞蹈表演是完美无瑕的。

This means that they did a good job without making any mistakes.

这意味着他们做得很好,没有犯任何错误。

Let's look at some other examples.

我们来看一些其他的例子。

The speech, which the CEO gave was flawless.

首席执行官的演讲完美无瑕。

The bride's makeup was flawless, means it was just perfect.

新娘的妆容完美无瑕,意味着它非常完美。

So using flawless makes you sound more polished, doesn't it?

所以,使用 flawless 让你听起来更有修养,不是吗?

Now, why don't you try using it in a sentence and post them in the comments below?

现在,为什么不试着在句子中使用它,并在下面的评论中发布呢?

I would definitely love to see and read them all.

我一定会很乐意看到并阅读它们。

Now, just imagine you are on the beach and you are watching the sunset.

现在,想象一下你在海滩上看日落。

Looking at the scene, what would you say?

看着这个场景,你会说什么?

Oh my God. It's so beautiful.

噢,我的天哪。太美了。

It's so pretty, right?

真漂亮,对吧?

Now, instead of using these basic words, why don't we replace them with picturesque?

现在,与其使用这些基本词汇,为什么不把它们替换成 picturesque 呢?

It is three-syllable word pronounced as/ˌpɪktʃəˈresk/.

这是一个三音节的词,发音为/ˌpɪktʃəˈresk/。

Say it with me once again, picturesque.

跟我一起念,/ˌpɪktʃəˈresk/。

/ˌpɪktʃəˈresk/.

/ˌpɪktʃəˈresk/。

Good job.

做得好。

Well, it means that something is so beautiful that it could be mistaken for a picture.

它的意思是某物如此美丽,以至于可以被误认为是一幅画。

Let's look at some examples here.

我们来看一些例子。

The small town by the beach was picturesque.

海边的小镇风景如画。

They took a walk through the picturesque countryside.

他们漫步在风景如画的乡村。

The stars shining at night were simply picturesque.

夜空中闪烁的星星简直如画。

I hope you got it.

希望你明白了。

Great, now let's move on to the next adjective.

很好,现在让我们继续下一个形容词。

What do we have?

我们有什么?

You have participated in a competition, alright?

你参加了一场比赛,对吧?

And they are announcing the winner.

他们正在宣布获胜者。

And guess what?

你猜怎么着?

You have got the first place.

你获得了第一名。

How do you feel?

你感觉如何?

Well, you're really happy, right?

你真的很高兴,对吧?

But saying I'm really happy to win this competition, too common, isn't it?

但是说我很高兴赢得这场比赛,太普通了,不是吗?

Instant, you can use the word thrilled.

瞬间,你可以用 thrilled 这个词。

I am thrilled to win this competition.

我很激动赢得这场比赛。

Now, thrilled means to feel extremely excited or happy.

Thrilled 意味着感到极度兴奋或快乐。

Almost like you are bursting with joy.

几乎就像你快要爆发的喜悦。

Well, here are some examples on how you can use the word thrilled.

这里有一些例子,说明你如何使用 thrilled 这个词。

She was thrilled when she got the promotion.

她升职时感到非常激动。

The kids were thrilled to visit the amusement park.

孩子们去游乐园时非常激动。

I was thrilled to get the job offer.

我很激动收到工作邀请。

See how this one word adds more energy to the feelings, right?

看看这个词如何为感情增添更多能量,对吧?

So, the next time you feel super excited or happy, try using the word thrilled.

所以,下次你感到超级兴奋或快乐时,试着用 thrill 这个词。

The next one is, when you see a palace, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

下一个是,当你看到一座宫殿时,你首先想到的是什么?

Wow, this palace is so big, so huge, right?

哇,这座宫殿好大,好宏伟,对吧?

But instead of using big, huge, or amazing, you can use another word, majestic.

但与其用 big、huge 或 amazing,你可以用另一个词 majestic。

Majestic is used to describe something that is grand and impressive.

Majestic 用于描述某物宏大而令人印象深刻。

It mostly gives off a royal feeling.

它大多给人一种皇家感觉。

For instance, you can say the lion looked majestic as it stood on the hill.

例如,你可以说狮子站在山丘上看起来很雄伟。

Or the mountains looked majestic during the sunrise.

或者,山在日出时看起来很雄伟。

The wedding hall looked majestic with all the beautiful decor.

婚礼大厅在所有美丽的装饰下显得很雄伟。

Now, doesn't majestic sound so much better than just big or huge, right?

Majestic 听起来是不是比 big 或 huge 好得多,对吧?

We're moving on to the next adjective on our list is serene.

我们继续下一个形容词是 serene。

Now, the pronunciation is serene.

它的发音是/səˈriːn/。

You're going to stress the second syllable, which is serene.

你要强调第二个音节,/səˈriːn/。

Say it once again,/səˈriːn/.

再说一遍,/səˈriːn/。

Great, that was absolutely flawless.

很好,发音很标准。

See how I use the adjective that we just learned?

看看我如何使用我们刚学的形容词?

Now coming back to serene, it is used to describe something that is very calm or soothing, like a quiet day at the lake or a beautiful walk in the park.

回到 serene 这个词,它用来形容非常平静或令人舒缓的事物,比如湖边的静谧一天,或者公园里美好的散步时光。

But let's look at some examples.

让我们看看一些例子。

She has a serene presence.

她有一种宁静的气质。

It's comforting to be around her.

在她身边很舒适。

The garden was serene and perfect for meditation.

花园很宁静,非常适合冥想。

We enjoyed the serene beauty of the village.

我们享受了村庄的宁静之美。

So the adjective itself feels very calming when you say it.

所以这个形容词本身在你说出来时就感觉很平静。

Doesn't it?

不是吗?

Now, guys, just imagine, you stay in a really old building.

现在,大家想象一下,你住在一栋非常老旧的建筑里。

There's water leaking from the walls.

墙上漏水。

The electricity is pretty unreliable.

电力非常不可靠。

And the overall condition is just really bad.

整体状况真的很糟糕。

You would probably say that the building is bad or it's awful, right?

你可能会说这栋建筑很糟糕或很可怕,对吧?

But hey, I got a better alternative for you, appalling.

但是我有一个更好的选择,那就是 appalling。

It's pronounced as/əˈpɔːlɪŋ/.

它的发音是/əˈpɔːlɪŋ/。

Say it with me once again, appalling.

跟我一起念,/əˈpɔːlɪŋ/。

Great, so what it means?

很好,那么它是什么意思?

Well, appalling means to describe something that's not just bad, but it's so terrible that it shocks you.

Appalling 是用来描述不仅仅是糟糕,而是糟糕到让你震惊的事物。

For example, you can say his behavior in class was appalling.

例如,你可以说他在课堂上的行为令人震惊。

Or the news of the disaster was appalling to hear.

或者听到灾难的消息令人震惊。

Her injuries from the accident were appalling.

她在事故中的伤势令人震惊。

Right, so it means that it was awful.

所以这意味着它很糟糕。

So, when something is so bad that it kind of shocks you, disturbs you, then you use the word appalling.

所以,当某件事情糟糕到让你震惊、让你不安时,你就可以用 appalling 这个词。

Now, if you are feeling very angry, you might say, I am so mad or I am so angry, right?

现在,如果你感到非常生气,你可能会说,我非常生气,对吧?

But what if I told you there's a much better word to describe that feeling?

但如果我告诉你有一个更好的词来形容这种感觉呢?

Well, the word is irate, pronounced as/aɪˈreɪt/.

好吧,这个词是 irate,发音为/aɪˈreɪt/。

Say it with me,/aɪˈreɪt/.

跟我一起说,/aɪˈreɪt/。

Good job.

做得好。

Now, irate means to be extremely angry or furious.

Irate 的意思是极度愤怒或狂怒。

For example, the customer became irate after waiting for hours.

例如,顾客等了几个小时后变得非常愤怒。

Mom was irate when she found out Ryan stole her wallet.

妈妈发现瑞安偷了她的钱包时非常生气。

The boss was irate with the staff's awful work.

老板对员工糟糕的工作非常生气。

Now, if you are watching a movie and to be frank, it's quite a long, not a very interesting movie.

现在,如果你在看一部电影,坦白说,这是一部很长且不太有趣的电影。

Well, what would you say?

那么,你会怎么说呢?

It's boring.

它很无聊。

Well, this movie is so boring, right?

嗯,这部电影真无聊,对吧?

But isn't boring a very boring word?

但 boring 这个词本身不就很无聊吗?

Well, let's replace it with tedious.

让我们用 tedious 来替换它。

Now, tedious means that something that is not only boring, but it feels like it's just dragging on, and it just takes forever to get through it.

Tedious 的意思不仅是无聊,而且感觉像是拖拖拉拉,似乎永远也结束不了。

Well, let's look at some examples here.

让我们来看一些例子。

The movie was so tedious that I almost fell asleep.

这部电影太冗长无聊了,我差点睡着。

The meeting was long and tedious.

会议又长又无聊。

Sorting all the paperwork is such a tedious process, right?

整理所有文件是一个非常冗长的过程,对吧?

Well, I hope you got it.

我希望你明白了。

Now, let's move on.

现在,让我们继续。

The last objective that I have for you.

我为你准备的最后一个词。

Mesmerizing.

Mesmerizing。

Now, when something completely captures your attention and is so beautiful that you can't look away, you would say, oh, my God, that's amazing or so interesting.

现在,当某件事完全吸引了你的注意力,并且美得让你无法移开目光时,你会说:噢,我的天哪,太棒了或太有趣了。

But the word that you can use is mesmerizing.

但你可以用的词是 mesmerizing。

Pronounced as/ˈmezməraɪzɪŋ/, the stress is on the first syllable, mesmerizing.

它的发音为/ˈmezməraɪzɪŋ/,重音在第一个音节上。

Say it with me again, mesmerizing.

跟我一起念,/ˈmezməraɪzɪŋ/。

Good job.

做得好。

Now, mesmerizing means something is so captivating that you're just unable to look away from it.

Mesmerizing 的意思是某物如此吸引人,以至于你无法移开目光。

For example, the actor's performance was mesmerizing.

例如,演员的表演令人着迷。

I couldn't take my eyes off him.

我无法将目光从他身上移开。

The Opera Singer's voice was so mesmerizing that the audience sat in silence.

歌剧歌手的声音如此迷人,以至于观众静静地坐着。

The stars were mesmerizing against the sky.

星星在天空中显得格外迷人。

So it's perfect word for describing something that completely grabs your attention.

所以这是一个完美的词来形容完全抓住你注意力的事物。

And there you go.

就是这样。

These were the ten more expressive adjectives to add to your vocabulary.

这些是十个更具表现力的形容词,可以添加到你的词汇中。

So they will not only help you sound more fluent, but also help you to make your conversations more interesting.

所以,它们不仅能帮助你听起来更流利,还能让你的对话更有趣。

So now it's your turn.

现在轮到你了。

Try making a few sentences with these adjectives.

试着用这些形容词造几个句子。

Post them in the comments below.

在下面的评论中发布它们。

Trust me, I would read them all.

相信我,我会读完所有的。

And if you enjoyed this lesson, make sure to hit the like button.

如果你喜欢这节课,记得点击赞。

Share it with your friends and subscribe to the channel for more fun lessons.

与朋友分享,并订阅频道以获取更多有趣的课程。

I will see you in the next lesson.

我们下节课见。

Take care.

照顾好自己。

来源:英语东

相关推荐