摘要:I'm Matt Abrahams, and I'm a lecturer at Stanford Graduate School of Business, and the host of the GSB's Think Fast, Talk Smart, T
Communication is critical for our professional and our personal lives.
沟通对我们的职业和个人生活至关重要。
I'm Matt Abrahams, and I'm a lecturer at Stanford Graduate School of Business, and the host of the GSB's Think Fast, Talk Smart, The Podcast.
我是马特·亚伯拉罕,我是斯坦福大学商学院的讲师,也是 GSB“快速思考,聪明说话”播客的主持人。
I am so excited today to share with you five key takeaways from my class, essentials of strategic communication.
今天我很高兴与大家分享我的课程的五个关键收获,战略沟通要点。
When it comes to our communication, many of us make a fundamental mistake, we start from the wrong place.
当涉及到我们的沟通时,我们中的许多人犯了一个根本性的错误,我们从错误的地方开始。
We start by saying, this is what I want to say, rather than thinking about what our audience needs to hear.
我们一开始会说出我们想说的内容,而不是考虑我们的听众需要听到什么。
We need to do reconnaissance, reflection, and research to better understand our audience's knowledge level, their attitudes, their resistance points, along with their expectations and motivation.
我们需要做侦察、反思和研究,以更好地了解观众的知识水平、态度、阻力点,以及他们的期望和动机。
By taking the time to really think about our audience, we can make sure that our messages resonate, and are more likely to be remembered, and acted upon.
通过花时间真正考虑我们的观众,我们可以确保我们的信息引起共鸣,并且更有可能被记住,并采取行动。
Most communication needs to be goal-driven, especially strategic communication.
大多数沟通都需要目标驱动,尤其是战略沟通。
To me, a goal has three parts, information, emotion, and action.
对我来说,一个目标有三个部分,信息、情感和行动。
In other words, what do you want your audience to know?
换句话说,你想让你的观众知道什么?
How do you want them to feel?
你想让他们感觉如何?
And what do you want them to do when you're done with your communication?
当你完成交流后,你想让他们做什么?
Having a clear goal, allows you to focus your message on the needs of your audience, and it allows you to judge the success of your communication after the fact.
有一个明确的目标,可以让您将信息集中在受众的需求上,并且可以让您在事后判断您的沟通是否成功。
Have you recently been victimized by somebody who just rambles on and on?
你最近有没有被一个喋喋不休的人伤害过?
Doesn't feel so good, does it?
感觉不太好,是吗?
We need to make sure that we structure our information, so we make it easier for our audience to follow.
我们需要确保我们构建了我们的信息,这样我们才能让观众更容易理解。
In fact, our brains are wired for structured information.
事实上,我们的大脑天生就有结构化信息。
There are lots of structures and frameworks you can use to communicate, my favorite is, three simple questions.
有很多结构和框架可以用来交流,我最喜欢的是,三个简单的问题。
What?
什么?
So what?
那又怎样?
And now what?
那现在怎么办?
What is the information that you're conveying?
你在传达什么信息?
It's your idea, it's your belief, it's your, product, your service, your offering.
这是你的想法,你的信念,你的产品,你的服务,你的产品。
So what is about the relevance for your audience?
那么,它与你的听众有什么关联呢?
What's the value that your idea of products, service, or beliefs brings?
你的产品、服务或信念带来了什么价值?
And then finally, the now what?
最后,现在怎么办?
That's what's comes next, maybe you're taking questions, or showing a demonstration, or setting up another meeting.
这就是接下来发生的,也许你正在回答问题,或者展示演示,或者安排另一个会议。
By leveraging structure, you not only help your audience process your information more fluently, but it helps you to think about your message in a more concise and clear way.
通过利用结构,您不仅可以帮助您的受众更流畅地处理您的信息,还可以帮助您以更简洁明了的方式思考您的信息。
...
...
Attention is the most precious commodity we have in the world today.
注意力是当今世界上我们拥有的最宝贵的商品。
We are constantly bombarded with information.
我们不断地受到信息的轰炸。
If we are to achieve our communication goal and help our audience with the content we're giving, we must take the time to engage them.
如果我们要实现我们的沟通目标,用我们提供的内容帮助我们的观众,我们必须花时间让他们参与进来。
To me, engagement is just sustained attention.
对我来说,参与就是持续的关注。
And there are three engagement techniques I'd like for you to consider using.
我想让你考虑使用三种参与技巧。
The first is physical engagement, where you get your audience actually doing something, responding to a poll, typing into the chat, collaborating on a whiteboard.
第一种是实际参与,你让你的听众做一些事情,回应民意调查,在聊天中打字,在白板上合作。
The second is cognitive engagement, getting people answering questions or considering an analogy.
第二个是认知参与,让人们回答问题或考虑类比。
And the third is linguistic, using the word you or people's names, draws them in.
第三种是语言学,用你这个词或人们的名字来吸引他们。
Using terms like picture this, or imagine, or think back to when are ways that you can get your audience to visualize what you're communicating.
使用像想象这样的术语,或者想象,或者回想一下什么时候,你可以让你的观众想象你在传达什么。
Using engagement techniques, help enliven your communication, and they help your audience to engage and remember.
使用参与技巧,有助于活跃你的交流,他们帮助你的听众参与和记住。
Finally, even if we have the most audience centric, goal directed, structured and engaging communication, we can fall flat if our presence isn't strong.
最后,即使我们拥有最以用户为中心、目标导向、结构化和吸引人的交流,如果我们的存在不够强大,我们也会失败。
Having an authentic, confident presence in your writing or speaking is critical to your communication success.
在你的写作或口语中有一个真实、自信的形象对你的沟通成功至关重要。
If you're presenting, record yourself and watch.
如果你在演讲,录下自己的视频并观看。
If you're writing, proofread what you've read, and certainly ask others for feedback to help you.
如果您正在写作,请校对您所阅读的内容,并且一定要向其他人寻求反馈以帮助您。
Communication is critical to your success.
沟通对你的成功至关重要。
Using these takeaways, can help you improve your communication.
使用这些要点,可以帮助你改善你的沟通。
We must take the time to dedicate to this improvement through repetition, reflection and feedback, but doing so, will help you get your points across.
我们必须花时间通过重复、反思和反馈来致力于这种改进,但是这样做,会帮助你理解你的观点。
I never had a problem talking, so I don't think people who knew me would be surprised that I'm in a role where I'm doing a lot of speaking.
我说话从来没有问题,所以我不认为认识我的人会对我在一个经常说话的角色感到惊讶。
But I thought I was going to be a doctor, and then I met calculus and we didn't get along, and then I met chemistry and we got along even worse.
但我以为我会成为一名医生,然后我遇到了微积分,我们相处得不好,然后我遇到了化学,我们相处得更糟。
So, I found communication as my passion.
所以,我发现沟通是我的激情所在。
So, I finally found the subject that started with a C that worked for me.
终于,我找到了适合我的以 C 开头(communication)的主题。
来源:英语东