摘要:Hello everyone, it is January 24th, the best day of the week Fri-yay!
Hello everyone, it is January 24th, the best day of the week Fri-yay!
大家好,今天是 1 月 24 日,一周最好的一天,星期五!
I'm Coy Wire, this is CNN 10.
我是 Coy Wire,这里是 CNN 10。
Hope you had a solid week.
希望你度过了充实的一周。
If it was a tough one, let's smell the flowers and cool the soup, lock in and finish strong.
如果这是一个艰难的决定,那么让我们闻闻花香,冷却一下汤,锁定目标,然后强势收尾。
We start today at the U.S.-Mexico border, where thousands of active-duty U.S. troops were ordered days after President Donald Trump mandated that U.S. military increase its presence there.
今天我们开始在美墨边境行动,在特朗普总统下令增加美军驻扎人数几天后, 数千名现役美军奉命前往该边境。
Federal resources along the U.S. southern border have been stretched thin for years, and though the number has dropped recently, more than 1,000 migrants are crossing the border illegally every day, according to Homeland Security officials.
美国国土安全部官员表示, 多年来, 美国南部边境的联邦资源一直捉襟见肘,尽管最近非法越境的移民数量有所下降, 但每天仍有 1,000 多名移民非法越境。
Acting Secretary of Defense Robert Solis said he directed the Defense Department to send 1,500 ground troops to the border along with helicopter crews and intelligence analysts.
代理国防部长罗伯特·索利斯表示,他已指示国防部向边境派遣 1,500 名地面部队、直升机机组人员和情报分析员。
This initial wave of troops included 500 Marines prepared for a range of possible operations at the border, tasked with both acting as a rapid response force and a long-term presence.
首批部队包括 500 名海军陆战队员, 准备在边境执行一系列可能的行动,其任务是充当快速反应部队和长期驻扎部队。
These additional troops are joining more than 2,000 active duty forces already at the border, supporting U.S. Customs and Border Protection, who have been performing mostly logistical and bureaucratic jobs like data entry, surveillance, and vehicle maintenance.
这些增派的部队将加入已经在边境的 2,000 多名现役部队,为美国海关和边境保护局提供支持,他们主要执行数据录入、监视和车辆维护等后勤和官僚工作。
Military officials have been wary to send large numbers of troops to the border at once because of the strain it might put on military resources and missions around the world.
军方官员一直不愿一次性向边境派遣大批军队,因为这可能会给世界各地的军事资源和任务带来压力。
But Trump administration officials told CNN even more active duty troops are expected to be deployed to the border in the coming weeks and months.
但特朗普政府官员告诉美国有线电视新闻网(CNN),预计未来几周和几个月将有更多现役部队被部署到边境。
It's expected that the troops at the border will free up immigration and customs enforcement agents to focus on arrests of undocumented immigrants already inside the U.S.
预计边境军队将释放移民和海关执法人员,以专注于逮捕已在美国境内的非法移民。
On Monday, President Trump issued an executive order saying he will decide within 90 days whether to invoke the Insurrection Act at the southern border, which would allow active duty troops to act as law enforcement on U.S. soil.
周一, 特朗普总统发布行政命令, 称将在 90 天内决定是否在南部边境援引《叛乱法案》,该法案将允许现役部队在美国本土执行执法任务。
Pop quiz hot shot.
流行测验热门镜头。
What planet is home to the largest volcano in our solar system?
哪个行星上有我们太阳系中最大的火山?
Venus, Mars, Jupiter, or Earth?
金星、火星、木星还是地球?
If you said Mars, ding ding, you are correct.
如果你说是火星,叮叮,你是对的。
The red planet has the largest volcano ever discovered, Olympus Mons, which is roughly the size of the entire state of Arizona and two and a half times taller than Mount Everest.
这颗红色星球上拥有迄今为止发现的最大火山——奥林匹斯山,其面积大约相当于整个亚利桑那州,是珠穆朗玛峰的两倍半。
This month we are going to see a parade of planets.
本月我们将看到一场行星巡游。
Yes, a cosmic treat of six planets lining up from our vantage point here on Earth to create what's often referred to as a planetary parade.
是的,从我们地球的有利位置看,六颗行星排列成一条长队,形成了我们通常所说的行星游行,这真是一场宇宙盛宴。
It'll last until mid-February.
它将持续到二月中旬。
And yes, you'll be able to see almost all of them with the naked eye.
是的,您可以用肉眼看到几乎所有这些。
You'll need a little help to see two of them.
您需要一点帮助才能看到其中两个。
Our Jeremy Roth is here to line up some planetary parade facts.
我们的杰里米·罗斯 (Jeremy Roth) 将在这里整理一些行星巡游的事实。
Stargazers and Skywatchers are in for a treat, as over the next few weeks, worlds align in the night sky to give a rare view of six total planets in an infrequent but certainly freaky planetary parade.
观星者和天空观察者将有一场盛宴,因为在接下来的几周内, 行星将在夜空中排列成行, 在一次不常见但肯定奇特的行星游行中呈现六颗行星的罕见景象。
In one sweeping south by southeast view, Venus, Saturn, Jupiter and Mars will be clearly visible, with Uranus and Neptune also in attendance, although you'll likely need a telescope To see those.
从东南偏南方向望去,金星、土星、木星和火星清晰可见,天王星和海王星也同样可见,不过你可能需要用望远镜才能看到它们。
While the crowded view comes courtesy of the world's being in alignment, NASA says this occurrence isn't as uncommon as it sounds.
虽然这种拥挤的景象是由于地球呈直线排列造成的,但 NASA 表示, 这种情况并不像听起来那么罕见。
The planets of our solar system are technically always in alignment across an orbital line called the ecliptic plane.
从技术上讲,我们太阳系的行星总是沿着一条称为黄道面的轨道线排列。
What is special is how many planets will be seen together from our Earth-bound vantage.
特别之处在于,从我们地球的有利位置可以看到多少颗行星。
That's what makes this infrequent marvel worth keeping your eyes on the skies.
这就是为什么这一罕见奇观值得我们关注天空。
All of us have different ways of handling stress in our lives, and some of the mechanisms that determine how we deal with stress are embedded deep down to our bones.
我们每个人都有不同的方式应对生活中的压力,而决定我们如何应对压力的一些机制深深地嵌入我们的骨子里。
We've all heard of fight-or-flight mechanisms, right?
我们都听说过战斗或逃跑机制,对吧?
If not, go ahead and push pause and have someone explain it or Google it really quick.
如果没有,请继续按暂停键,让别人解释一下或快速用 Google 搜索。
Well, mankind has come a long way since the days of hunting and gathering, and our modern lives have meant big changes for the fight or flight mechanisms our ancestors developed to deal with predators in the wild.
自从狩猎和采集时代以来, 人类已经取得了长足的进步,而我们的现代生活意味着我们的祖先为应对野外捕食者而开发的战斗或逃跑机制发生了巨大的变化。
And it turns out our brains and bodies might not be designed to be able to handle all the modern, seemingly chronic stressors that can wreak havoc on our physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
事实证明,我们的大脑和身体可能无法承受所有现代的、看似慢性的压力源,这些压力源会严重破坏我们的身心和情绪健康。
We spoke to a physician in attempt to help put our stressors in perspective and get some tips that aim to help us manage them better.
我们与一位医生进行了交谈,试图帮助我们正确看待压力源并获得一些旨在帮助我们更好地管理压力的建议。
When we were all cavespeople and living in the forest, you would see a tiger and either you would run away or you would fight the tiger.
当我们还是穴居人并生活在森林里时,你会看到一只老虎, 你要么逃跑, 要么与老虎搏斗。
That's where fight or flight comes from.
这就是战斗或逃跑的由来。
What happens over time now in our modern era, there are so many metaphorical tigers.
随着时间的推移,在我们现代社会中,出现了许多隐喻性的老虎。
Financial constraints and bills, relationship problems, climate disasters, humanitarian crises.
财务限制和账单、人际关系问题、气候灾害、人道主义危机。
There are so many things that you can do that are cost-free, science-backed, and time-efficient for less stress.
你可以做很多事情,这些事情都是免费的、有科学依据的、而且节省时间,可以减轻压力。
Daily habits, like protecting your sleep.
日常习惯,例如保护你的睡眠。
We know that when you protect your sleep and have better sleep, it actually acts as a cleaning agent.
我们知道当你保护好自己的睡眠,拥有更好的睡眠时,它实际上就起到了清洁剂的作用。
It's like bringing in the cleaning crew at night to get rid of all of the toxins and various things in your brain.
这就像晚上请清洁队来清除大脑中的所有毒素和各种东西。
Another easy intervention that you could try, something that's a little bit controversial, is stop multitasking.
您可以尝试的另一种简单的干预措施,虽然有些争议,那就是停止多任务处理。
Your brain is wired to do one thing at a time.
你的大脑每次只做一件事。
What multitasking does is it weakens your prefrontal cortex.
多任务处理的后果是削弱你的前额叶皮层。
So it weakens your ability to solve complex problems, ironically decreases your productivity.
因此,它会削弱你解决复杂问题的能力,讽刺的是,它还会降低你的工作效率。
So instead of multitasking, try monotasking, which means doing one thing at a time.
因此,不要同时进行多任务,尝试单任务处理,即一次只做一件事。
Another strategy is social connection.
另一个策略是社会联系。
Really, really important.
真的,真的很重要。
We know that there is a loneliness epidemic.
我们知道,有一种孤独流行病。
Globally, 330 million people go two weeks before speaking to anyone.
全球范围内,有 3.3 亿人会花两周的时间才与任何人交谈。
And we know that loneliness is a risk factor, an independent risk factor for early mortality.
我们知道孤独是一个风险因素,是早期死亡的一个独立风险因素。
And I think one of the last things that is really important when you're thinking about daily behaviors and wiring your brain is how we engage with our devices, and creating what I like to call some digital boundaries.
我认为, 当你思考日常行为和大脑运作时, 最后真正重要的事情之一是我们如何与我们的设备互动,并创建我所说的数字边界。
This is not about becoming a digital monk.
这并不是要成为一名数字僧侣。
You want to be connected and informed.
您希望获得联系和信息。
It is more important now than ever to be an informed citizen.
现在,成为一名知情的公民比以往任何时候都更加重要。
What this is about is about being an informed citizen without compromising or sacrificing your mental health.
这是为了成为一名知情的公民,同时不损害或牺牲您的心理健康。
Keep your phone off your nightstand.
将手机放在床头柜上。
Invest in a low-cost alarm clock instead.
投资购买一个低成本的闹钟。
When you wake up, let your eyes get accustomed to the light.
当你醒来时,让你的眼睛适应光线。
Say good morning to your children, and then check your devices.
向你的孩子们说早上好,然后检查你的设备。
But give your brain a little buffer, because that can make all the difference.
但是给你的大脑一点缓冲,因为这可以带来很大的不同。
The goal of life is not a life with zero stress.
生活的目标并不是零压力的生活。
It's actually biologically impossible for your brain to do that.
从生物学角度来说,你的大脑实际上不可能做到这一点。
It's to live a life with healthy, manageable stress that serves you rather than harms you.
这是一种健康的生活,有可控的压力,对你有益而不是有害。
Today's story, getting a 10 out of 10, is what you get when you combine a boat race with ice skates.
今天的故事,获得十分满分,是将赛艇比赛与滑冰结合起来所获得的结果。
These long, narrow canoes, known as dragon boats, are no strangers to races on water.
这些又长又窄的独木舟被称为龙舟,对于水上比赛来说并不陌生。
But for the first time in China, roughly 400 athletes from around the world competed in the Ice Dragon Boat Championship.
但这是中国首次有约 400 名来自世界各地的运动员参加冰上龙舟锦标赛。
Teams of boaters Glided over the frozen course using skate-like blade attachments while rowing with spiked ice picks.
一队队划船者使用类似滑冰刀的装置在冰冻的河道上滑行,同时用带刺的冰镐划行。
This isn't your average dragon boat race.
这不是一场普通的龙舟比赛。
In Inner Mongolia, these athletes are racing on ice.
在内蒙古,这些运动员正在冰上比赛。
It's our first time actually doing the ice dragon boat.
这是我们第一次真正地参加冰上龙舟赛。
We did only in the water so far and it is a little bit different but it's an amazing experience.
到目前为止我们只在水中进行,这有点不同,但这是一次奇妙的体验。
19 Countries from around the world took part in this year's Xiliin Gol International Ice Dragon Boat Championship.
本届锡林郭勒国际冰上龙舟锦标赛共有来自全球19个国家的选手参赛。
The athletes competed in a variety of events including 100 and 200 meter straight and drift races.
运动员们参加了 100 米、200 米直道赛和漂移赛等多种项目的比赛。
We came second in the race, the first race that we did this morning.
我们在今天早上参加的第一场比赛中获得了第二名。
So we're in it to try and win medals, but if not, just have a really good time in Xiliin Gol.
所以我们参加比赛是为了赢得奖牌,但如果没有,那就在锡林郭勒度过一段愉快的时光吧。
We come here to win, but we come here to have fun, and we do have fun.
我们来这里是为了赢,但我们来这里也是为了玩得开心,而且我们确实玩得很开心。
We love Ice Dragon Final!
我们喜欢冰龙决赛!
All right, let's keep that momentum flowing as we slide right into the weekend.
好吧,让我们在周末来临之际保持这种势头。
Our special shout-out today is going to Lakeshore Middle School in Stevensville, Michigan.
今天我们特别要向密歇根州史蒂文斯维尔的湖滨中学致敬。
Lancers, let's ride.
枪骑兵们,出发吧。
Not air. Music, please.
不要空气。请听音乐。
Make the most of your Friday.
充分利用你的星期五。
Tell the people you love you love them.
告诉你爱的人你爱他们。
Embrace them. Hug them.
拥抱他们,搂抱他们。
Make someone smile this weekend.
这个周末让某人微笑。
You are more powerful than you know.
你比你所知道的更强大。
Rise up.
站起来。
I'm Coy Wire.
我是 Coy Wire。
This is CNN 10.
这是 CNN 10。
It's been a blessing to spend this week with you.
能和你一起度过这一周真是一件幸福的事。
来源:英语东