摘要:Everybody's looking out of their stoles, like, anybody?
Thank you.
谢谢
Hello.
你好
Hi.
你好。
It's so fun to see you doing this.
看到你们这样做真有趣。
Because I get to play a game called Who Ironed Their Stole?
因为我可以玩一个叫做《谁烫了自己的斗篷?》的游戏
Just you right there in the front.
就在前面的那个你。
Yes, good job.
好的,做得不错。
Everybody else has all got a crease all over.
每个人身上都有很多皱纹。
Everybody's looking out of their stoles, like, anybody?
每个人都在盯着他们的围巾,好像在说,有人吗?
Yeah, good one, pretty good.
嗯,不错,挺好的。
It's fun.
开心体验好使
It's fun for me.
这对我来说很有趣。
I hope you all also enjoy that game later when you're talking to each other.
我希望你们在后来互相聊天时也喜欢那个游戏。
And you can be ashamed of your crinkles, every man.
你们可以为自己的皱纹感到羞愧,每一位男士。
Hello.
你好
Oh, gosh, it's been really lovely to spend a little bit of time here and to see all of you on this very important day as you celebrate doing something really remarkable.
哦,天啊,能在这里度过一点时间,并在你们庆祝完成一件了不起的事情的重要日子上见到你们真是太好了。
I don't really do imposter syndrome, which is when you're in a place, and you're like, I don't belong here.
我不太会感到冒名顶替综合症,也就是当你身处某个地方时,你会觉得这里不属于你。
How did I get in this situation?
我怎么会陷入这种境地?
I have a superior syndrome.
我有优越症。
It's called, ha, ha, ha, I fooled them again syndrome, where you know you don't belong, but you're kind of pleased that you have once again convinced everyone, cleverly, that you do belong.
这叫做,哈哈,我又骗过他们了综合症,你知道自己不属于这里,但你有点高兴又一次巧妙地让每个人都相信你确实属于这里。
So that's where I'm at right now, a man who some of you probably know as a TikToker, who recently blind-ranked AI companies by how much they look like buttholes, and giving the commencement speech at Mit.
所以我现在就是这样, 一个你们中有些人可能知道的抖音创作者,在最近根据这些人工智能公司看起来多像屁股而盲目排名,并且在麻省理工学院发表毕业演讲。
And I can tell you this now because they can't take me off the stage.
我现在可以告诉你这一点,因为他们不能把我从舞台上拉下去了。
I've started already.
我已经开始了。
So, I'm here, though.
所以,我来了。
So I'm going to try and do a good job.
所以我会尽力做好。
So, thank you very much to everybody for welcoming me out, All.
所以,非常感谢大家欢迎我出场,所有人。
Of the lovely people up here, President, Governor.
在这儿的可爱人们当中,有校长、州长。
I'm surprised to meet a governor today.
今天遇到一个州长,真让我意外。
And the Alumni Class of the '75, hello.
75届校友们,你们好。
Thank you for coming out.
感谢你们的到来。
And also, of course, thank you to the extremely impressive and charismatic and attractive students of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Graduating Class of 2005-- '25, Is it 2005?
当然,还要感谢极其出色、有魅力且吸引人的2005届麻省理工学院毕业生——是2005年吗?
Sometimes, when you get older, you never really quite know.
有时候,当你变老了,你可能就真的不太知道了。
So, to express my thanks, the average human skeleton has more than 25,000 calories, which is not probably how you thought I was going to finish that sentence.
所以, 为了表达我的感谢, 一个普通人的骨骼含有超过25000卡路里,这可能不是你想象中我会说完这句话的方式。
Also, most of your bones are in your hands and feet.
另外,你大部分的骨头都在手上和脚上。
That's more than 50%, just the hands and feet.
那超过50%呢,只是手和脚的部分。
Also, skeletons' bones are very oxygen dense.
另外,骷髅的骨头含氧量非常高。
They have a lot of oxygen in them, a lot oxygen atoms.
它们含有大量的氧气,有很多氧原子。
If you took all those atoms out and freed them, you could actually create enough breathable air to breathe for more than 24 hours.
如果你把所有的原子都拿出来释放掉,实际上可以制造出足够多的可呼吸空气, 供你呼吸超过24小时。
Those are some of my best bone facts.
这些都是我最好的骨头知识。
And I assume that a good way for a normal human to express thanks is with bone facts.
我想一个普通人表达感谢的好方法是用一些骨头的事实。
And I gave you my very best bone facts.
而且我给你们分享了我最好的骨头知识。
Because I owe you an extra special amount of gratitude.
因为我欠你一份特别多的感激。
Because as the Class of 2025, you have done me a favor, where I asked a lot of you, or I asked all of you, to fill out a survey.
因为作为2025届的你们,已经帮我一个大忙了,我让你们填了一份调查问卷。
And more than half of you did it, I assume while you were supposed to be P setting, or whatever.
而且我猜你们中有超过一半的人是在应该设置P值,或者做其他事情的时候做到的。
But instead you did this.
但你们却做了这件事。
And I appreciate that.
我感激这一点。
I've really loved looking through your answers to these questions, learning a little bit about you, learning a little bit from you.
我很喜欢浏览你们对这些问题的回答,了解一点关于你们的事情, 从你们身上学到一点东西。
One of the things I asked was, what was the most MIT thing you did while you were at MIT?
我在麻省理工学院的时候,问过一个问题:你在麻省理工学院做的最符合麻省理工特色的事情是什么?
And this was my favorite section to read.
这是我最喜欢阅读的部分。
Because some of it was definitely not meant for me to understand it.
因为其中一些内容肯定不是为了让我的理解而存在的。
A lot of you talked about counting smoots on the Harvard bridge.
你们很多人提到在哈佛桥上测量斯穆特长度。
And I just-- that's great for you, I don't-- Thank you.
而且我就是——那对你很好,我就不——谢谢。
One of you was Tim the beaver, so that's pretty MIT.
你们中有一个是海狸蒂姆,这很麻省理工。
Now that I'm looking at the teleprompter, I realize that Tim is MIT spelled backwards.
现在我看着提词器,意识到蒂姆这个名字是麻省理工学院倒着拼写的。
I was today, years old when I hit that fact.
我今天突然意识到这个事实,感觉自己一下子成熟了许多。
That's good.
很好。
I wonder when Tim was formed?
我想知道蒂姆是什么时候形成的?
Do you guys have your Brass Rats on your fingers already?
你们的手指上已经戴上铜老鼠了吗?
Is that-- yeah.
是那个——没错。
That's really cool.
那真的很酷。
OK, another of you tried to-- this is very MIT-- tried to impress a date with train facts.
好的,你们中有另一个试图——这是非常麻省理工学院风格的——用火车知识来给约会对象留下印象。
I see you.
我看到你了。
Game sees game, except with bones.
行家一出手,就知有没有。
A lot, and I mean a lot, a suspiciously large number of people responded to this question just with one word, "hack," in a way that was very conspiratorial.
有很多人,我是说真的很多, 一个可疑的大数量的人, 对这个问题只是用了一个词“黑客行为”,而且是以一种非常阴谋论的方式。
And whatever it is that you did, maybe the statute of limitations isn't up yet.
不管你们做了什么,也许追诉时效还没到期。
So you're not going to put that down in writing.
所以你不会把它写下来的。
But by far, the most common word in this section, if I did a word cloud, was "built." You built.
但毫无疑问,如果我做一个词云,这个部分最常见的词就是“建立”。你们建立了。
You built bridges and robots and incubators and startups and Geiger counters and an 8-foot-wide periodic table and a ukulele.
你们建造了桥梁和机器人和孵化器和初创公司和盖革计数器和一张8英尺宽的元素周期表和一把尤克里里。
Is the ukulele person here?
弹尤克里里的那个人在这里吗?
Hi.
你好。
How's it going?
最近怎么样?
Is it a good day?
今天是好日子吗?
You're right in the front.
你就在最前面。
I could almost crowdwork you.
我差点就众包给你了。
I think probably that's not how commencement speeches work, though.
我觉得可能毕业典礼上的演讲不是那样的。
The point is, y'all built a lot.
你们建了不少东西。
And that is something that I found reassuring.
而这一点让我感到安心。
Because we are going to need a lot of building.
因为我们将需要进行大量的建设。
As I was walking in here, I took a good look at all your shoes.
当我走进来的时候,我好好看了看你们的鞋。
But it turned out I did not need to look at them to know that I would not want to be in them.
但事实证明,我不需要看它们就知道我不会想待在那些环境里的。
I think the only people who are jealous of you right now are the Class of 2026, because I'm sure things will be even more screwed up then.
我现在唯一觉得可能会嫉妒你们的人就是2026届的学生了,因为到那时情况可能会更糟糕。
But this is a messy time to be a college graduate heading out into the world.
但这是一个混乱的时期,对于即将踏入社会的大学毕业生来说尤其如此。
The attacks on speech, on higher education, on trans rights, on the federal workforce, on the rule of law, they're coming from inside the house.
对言论自由、高等教育、跨性别权益、联邦公务员队伍、法治的攻击,都来自内部。
This is a lot.
这很多。
Meanwhile, the world is getting hotter faster.
与此同时,世界变暖的速度正在加快。
The sudden acceleration in the abilities of artificial intelligence, of communications, and of biotechnology promise huge opportunities and tremendous disruption.
人工智能、通信和生物技术能力的突然提升,带来了巨大的机遇,同时也引发了极大的颠覆。
So if I were you, I would want some advice.
所以如果你是我,你会想要一些建议。
But as previously mentioned, I am a TikToker, who will now and forever be known as the first person to say the word "butthole" during an MIT commencement speech.
但正如之前提到的, 我是一名抖音创作者,现在和将来都会被称为在麻省理工学院毕业典礼上第一个说出“肛门” 这个词的人。
So, some of the advice-- oh, thanks.
所以,一些忠告——哦,谢谢。
So that's my first real applause line.
所以那是我的第一个真正能赢得掌声的台词。
So some of you-- so, some of the advice is going to come from you.
所以你们中的一些人——也就是说,一些建议将来自你们。
I asked in my survey, what would you say to your classmates from a stage like the one that I am on now?
我在调查中问,如果你站在我现在这样的舞台上,你会对你的同学说些什么?
And I'm going to give you a selection.
我将给你们一些选择。
One of your classmates wrote this.
你们中的一位同学写了这个。
"I always forget which green brother is Hank and which one is John." And if at all possible, you could just imagine where one guy that would be superior.
“我总是记不住哪个绿色兄弟是汉克, 哪个是约翰。 ” 而且如果有可能的话,你可以想象一下如果他们俩合二为一该有多好。
Because that guy would be very impressive.
因为那个家伙会非常厉害。
But I don't need you to know the difference.
但我不需要你知道其中的区别。
We are close enough.
我们已经很接近了。
Another of you, though, I liked this one.
不过,你们当中有一个人我还挺喜欢的。
God, this podium is huge.
天啊,这个讲台真大。
Did you notice that?
你注意到那了吗?
This is a lot of podium.
这颁奖台太多了。
It makes me feel little, like I'm a little guy.
这让我觉得自己很小,像个小孩子。
I asked about it.
我问了一下。
I was like, why is the podium so big?
我在想,为什么讲台这么大?
And they were like, it had to fit the seal.
他们就像,它必须符合密封的要求。
And then I said, you could just make a new seal.
然后我说,你可以直接做一个新的印章。
And they did not like that.
他们不喜欢那样。
Another of you said this.
你们中的另一个说了这句话。
There is no one definition of success.
成功的定义并非只有一个。
The idea you have in your head of what success is, is going to change, and you should let it.
你头脑中对成功的设想会改变,你应该让它改变。
Ho, that's some old person advice right there.
呵,那可真是老年人的劝告。
Who are you?
你是谁?
Do you have a 45-year-old out there?
你有45岁的听众吗?
There's another piece of 45-year-old advice that one of you gave.
有另一条45年前的建议是你们中的一个人给出的。
It says this.
它这么说的。
"Open a Roth IRA." Did your dad do the survey for you?
"开一个罗斯个人退休账户。" 你爸爸帮你做的调查吗?
That's very dad.
那很爸爸。
But you should open a Roth IRA.
但你应该开一个罗斯个人退休账户。
Now is the time.
现在就是时候。
Here's one of my real favorites.
这是我的真正最爱之一。
This one made me feel and think.
这个让我有了感受和思考。
"Collaborate and help each other.
“合作并互相帮助。”
Be brave in reaching out, and be forgiving in your interactions." I love that.
勇于伸出援手,在互动中宽容待人。我喜欢这句话。
That is so like this is technology, but people.
这就是技术,但针对的是人。
Here's another one.
这是另一个例子。
Even if it won't work-- or no, sorry, I'll quote you directly.
即使这行不通——不,对不起,我直接引用你的话。
"Even if it probably won't work, try anyway." And the final one, very MIT, "Don't start with the solution.
“即使可能不会成功, 也要试试。 ” 最后一个,非常麻省理工学院风格的,“不要从解决方案开始。 ”
Start with the problem." Now, you might be thinking right now, did this guy just make us write his commencement speech for him?
从问题开始” 。 现在,你们可能在想,这个人是不是让我们替他写了这篇毕业致辞?
And to that I say, at least you didn't know that I didn't have Claude do it for me.
对此我只想说,至少你不知道我没有让克劳德帮我做。
I've had a pretty good time.
我玩得挺开心的。
And I knew I was going to have to do this, focused on the ludicrousness of my career.
我知道我不得不这样做,专注于我职业生涯的荒谬之处。
And it has been ludicrous, and I am happy to focus on that.
这真的很荒谬,我很乐意专注于这一点。
It has been very weird.
这真的很奇怪。
I have done TikTok dances to Elmo remixes.
我跳过抖音上的艾莫混音舞蹈。
I've also published two bestselling science fiction novels.
我也出版了两本畅销的科幻小说。
I've written fart listicles, and I have interviewed presidents.
我写过放屁清单文章,还采访过总统。
And I have made multiple videos about giraffe sex, and I've sold multiple companies.
我制作了多段关于长颈鹿性行为的视频,并且出售过多家公司。
I have helped build an educational media company that provides free videos for everyone in the world who has an internet connection.
我帮助建立了一家教育媒体公司,为世界上所有有网络连接的人提供免费视频。
And our content is used in most American schools.
而且我们的内容被大多数美国学校使用。
And- thanks-- Oh, thanks.
谢谢——哦,谢谢。
And that is the part of the speech that I had to put in so that your parents could feel better about me being here.
而这部分演讲是我必须加入的,以便你的父母能对我在这里感到满意。
Because to this point, it was like, OK.
因为到目前为止,一切都还好。
I left it as long as I could.
我尽可能长时间地留下了它。
I'm pretty good, it seems like, at having a good idea that I believe in and then just doing it, consequences be damned.
我似乎挺擅长有一个好主意并坚信它, 然后就直接去做,不管后果如何。
And that has served me well, though it has not always been like a super relaxing way to live a life.
这对我很有帮助,尽管它并不总是像一种超级放松的生活方式。
And I did all of that on a very uncertain and rapidly changing ground of online video and social media over the last 20 years.
而我在过去20年里,凭借不断变化且充满不确定性的在线视频和社交媒体环境做到了这一切。
So perhaps I hope I do have something to say to a class of graduates heading out into an uncertain and unstable world.
所以也许我希望我能对即将踏入一个不确定和不稳定世界的毕业生们说些什么。
If I could attribute my success, whatever it is, to anything besides luck, it is that I cannot stop believing that there is any better use of my time than learning something new.
如果我可以将我的成功, 不管是什么,归因于除了运气之外的任何东西, 那就是我无法停止相信没有什么比学习新知识更好地利用我的时间了。
It never even enters into my mind.
这根本没进入我的脑海。
If I learn something new that day, That.
如果那天我学到了新东西,那就这样。
Is a good day.
这是美好的一天。
And this curiosity doesn't just expand the number of tools that you have access to and how well you're able to use them.
而这种好奇心不仅会增加你能掌握的工具数量,还会提高你使用这些工具的能力。
It expands your understanding of the problem space.
它扩展了你对问题空间的理解。
And that is so much of what ideas are.
而这就是想法的本质所在。
It's a bunch of tools that you can apply to problems, and it is understanding the shape and structure of the problems.
这是一堆你可以应用于问题的工具,它能帮助你理解问题的形态和结构。
And wherever those things overlap, there's opportunity there.
而当这些事物重叠的地方,就存在着机会。
And so maybe the advice is very simple.
也许建议非常简单。
Just be curious about the world, and you'll have everything you need for the future.
只要对你周围的世界保持好奇,你就拥有了未来所需的一切。
And maybe it's almost that simple.
也许差不多就是这么简单。
It's almost there.
快到了。
But there's a really important thing here that I haven't gotten to in that equation.
但是这里有一个非常重要的事情,在那个等式中我还没有提到。
There's another question I asked you in my survey that I haven't mentioned yet.
在我之前的调查中,还有一个问题我没有提到。
It was, what is giving you hope right now?
现在是什么给你带来了希望?
And although one of you wrote Macallan 12-- I don't know about that.
而且虽然你们中有一个人写了麦卡伦12年——我对这个不太了解。
You can rein that in a little bit.
你可以稍微收敛一点。
Most of you talked in this answer entirely about people-- my friends, my family, my peers-- over and over again, people who care, people who focus on improving life in their communities, people who are standing up for what they believe in, people who see big problems and have the determination to fix them.
你们大多数人在回答中反复提到的都是人——我的朋友、我的家人、我的同龄人——一遍又一遍,那些关心他人的人,那些专注于改善社区生活的人,那些为信念挺身而出的人,那些看到大问题并有决心去解决他们的人。
At a school like MIT, I imagine that it can be pretty easy to focus on the building and less on the people.
在像麻省理工学院这样的学校,我想很容易就把注意力集中在技术上,而忽略了人本身。
This is an institute of technology, after all, not an institute of humanities.
这毕竟是一所工学院,而不是一所人文学院。
But I read the humanity in your answers.
但我从你的回答中读出了人性。
And this brings me back to the simplicity of curiosity, leading you both toward understanding problems and acquiring new tools to deal with them.
这让我回到了好奇心的简单性,它既能引导你们理解问题, 又能获得解决这些问题的新工具。
Because your curiosity is not out of your control.
因为你的好奇心不受你的控制。
You decide how you orient it.
你决定如何摆放它。
And that orientation is going to affect the rest of your life dramatically.
而这种定位将会对你余生产生巨大影响。
It may be the most important factor in your career.
这可能是你职业生涯中最重要的因素。
And my guess is that it's going to be really easy to focus on the very compelling and exciting and, honestly, not that complicated problem of just building ever more powerful tools.
我的猜测是,人们很容易会把注意力集中在构建越来越强大的工具这一极具吸引力且令人兴奋的问题上,说实话,这个问题其实并不复杂。
That's exciting stuff.
那很激动人心。
I love it.
我喜欢它。
I love it.
我喜欢它。
I love those podcasts where I listen to people talk about building powerful tools.
我喜欢那些讲述人们如何打造强大工具的播客。
But even though the problem space is much, much bigger, obviously much bigger than build bigger tools, it is surprisingly easy to never notice that.
但即使问题空间大得多,明显比建造更大的工具要复杂得多,令人惊讶的是, 我们竟然很容易没有注意到这一点。
The most powerful mechanisms that steer our focus-- I'm just going to say this-- are not always designed for our best interests or the best interests of our world.
引导我们注意力的最强大的机制——我直接说吧——并不总是为了我们的最佳利益或世界的最佳利益而设计的。
We've got social content platforms that are great at steering our curiosities.
我们有社交媒体平台,非常擅长引导我们的好奇心。
But sometimes, they're great at steering it toward things that make us afraid or keep us oriented toward only the most impossible problems or the hottest rifts in society.
但有时,它们非常擅长引导我们走向那些让我们害怕的事物,或者只关注那些最不可能解决的问题或社会上最激烈的分歧。
Meanwhile, we have the capitalist impulse.
与此同时,我们还有资本主义的冲动。
It's very good at keeping us oriented toward the problems that are most easily turned into money.
它非常擅长让我们专注于那些最容易转化为金钱的问题。
And that means an overweighting toward the problems that the most powerful and wealthy people are most interested in solving.
这意味着倾向于那些最有权力和最富有的人最感兴趣解决的问题。
If we let ourselves be oriented by those forces, which I think are two of the most powerful ones that orient our curiosities, guess what problems we will never pay attention to, never be curious about?
如果我们让这些力量来引导我们,我认为它们是引导我们好奇心的两大强大力量,猜猜我们将永远不会关注、永远不会好奇的问题是什么?
is the everyday, solvable problems of normal people.
是普通人的日常生活中的可解决的问题。
And I hope, and I ask, that you remain curious about your world's intensely diverse and massive problem space.
我希望,我请求,你们能对这个世界上复杂多样且庞大的问题空间保持好奇。
These are solvable problems, problems that are not being addressed, because our world does not easily orient our curiosity toward them.
这些问题是可以解决的,但由于我们的世界并没有轻易地将我们的好奇心导向这些领域,因此它们没有得到应有的关注。
If you can control your obsessions, you will not just be unstoppable.
如果你能控制你的 obsession,你将不仅会变得势不可挡。 (注:obsession 在此处根据上下文可以翻译为“痴迷”或“着迷”,但为了保持原文的感觉,这里保留了“obsession”一词。)
You will leave this world a much better place than you found it.
你会把这个世界变得比你发现它时好得多。
And this isn't about choosing between financial stability and your ideals.
这并不是在财务稳定和你的理想之间做选择。
No.
不。
As you progress in your career, there will be money to be made in these spaces.
随着你在职业生涯中的进步,在这些领域将会有很多赚钱的机会。
Because the problems are real.
因为这些问题确实存在。
This is simply about who you include in your problem space and what you choose to be curious about.
这仅仅是关于你在问题空间中纳入了谁,以及你选择对什么感到好奇。
So with that in mind, here is my advice from my heart and my experience.
所以,怀着这个想法,这里是我从内心和经验中得出的建议。
First, don't eat grass.
首先,不要吃草。
I had to say this for a very specific reason, and we're going to move on.
我得这么说,原因非常具体,但我们接下来就不再赘述了。
Second, more importantly, one of the problems you will solve in your life is how you will find joy in an imperfect world.
其次,更为重要的是,你们在生活中需要解决的一个问题是,如何在一个不完美的世界中找到快乐。
You might struggle with not feeling productive in that task unless and until you accept that your joy can be one of the things that you produce.
你可能会在那项任务中挣扎,感觉不到自己的生产力,除非你接受你的快乐也可以是你所创造的东西之一。
Third, ideas don't belong in your head.
第三,想法不应该只存在于你的脑海里。
They cannot help anyone in your head.
它们无法帮助你头脑中的任何人。
I sometimes see people become addicted to their amazing idea.
我有时看到人们会迷上自己的某个绝妙想法。
They love it so much, they cannot expose it to the imperfection of reality.
他们非常喜欢它,以至于无法让它暴露在现实的不完美中。
Stop waiting.
别等了
Get the ideas out.
把想法表达出来。
You may fail.
你可能会失败。
But while you fail, you will build new tools.
但即使你在失败,你也会创造新的工具。
And then you'll send me an email and be like, I failed.
然后你会给我发一封邮件,说你失败了。
And I'll be like, I'm proud of you.
我会说,我为你骄傲。
Fourth, because people are very messy and complex, you may be tempted to build around them and not for them.
第四, 因为人们非常混乱和复杂,你可能会被诱惑去为他们打造一些东西, 而不是为了他们好。
And I understand this.
我理解这一点。
But remember to ask yourself, once a year or so, where do value and meaning originate?
但请记得每年问自己一次,价值和意义是从哪里来的?
Where do they come from?
它们从哪里来?
Because they don't come from banks or tech or cap tables.
因为它们不是来自银行、科技公司或资本表格。
Value and meaning come from people.
价值和意义来自人。
People things are the hardest work, but often the most important work.
处理人际关系是最难的工作,但往往是最重要的工作。
Orient yourself not just toward the construction and acquisition of new and powerful tools, but to the needs of people.
不要仅仅将自己定位为构建和获取新工具和技术的方向,而是要关注人们的实际需求。
And that includes you.
这包括你们所有人。
And it includes people near you, your friends and your family.
这包括你身边的人,你的朋友和家人。
I think that we can sometimes feel like the world is so big, that throwing a birthday party or making a playlist for a friend is just way too insignificant a task compared to the enormity of climate change or AI, or the erosion of democracy.
我认为我们有时会感到世界如此之大,给朋友办个生日派对或制作一个播放列表相比气候变化或人工智能这样的大事,或是民主的侵蚀, 显得太微不足道了。
But those thoughts alienate you from the reality of human existence, from your place as a builder, not just of tools, but of meaning.
但这些想法会把你从人类存在的现实、从你作为一个创造者的身份中隔离开来,你不仅仅是创造工具,更是创造意义。
And that's not just about impact and productivity.
这不仅仅是关于影响和生产力。
It's about-- sorry, I'm just going to take that from the top.
它是关于——抱歉,我从头开始说。
And that is not just about impact and productivity and problem solving.
这不仅仅是关于影响、效率和解决问题。
It's about living a life.
这是关于如何生活。
Do not forget this.
不要忘记这一点。
It is so special and bizarre to get to live a human life.
能够活一个人类的生命是如此特别和奇异。
It took three billion years to go from the first single-celled organisms to this graduation ceremony.
从第一个单细胞生物到这场毕业典礼,花了三十亿年。
And that's, for clarity, more than a quarter of the life of the whole universe, is how long that took.
而这,为了清晰起见,比整个宇宙寿命的四分之一还要长。
Something very special and strange is happening on this planet.
这个星球上正发生着一些非常特别和奇怪的事情。
And it is you.
那就是你。
The greatest thing that you build in your life will be not just your bones, though those are amazing.
你一生中建造的最伟大的东西将不仅仅是你的骨骼,尽管它们非常了不起。
It will be you, yourself.
那将会是你自己。
And trust me on this.
相信我。
You're not done yet.
你还没完呢。
Because I know I'm not.
因为我知道自己不是。
But what you will be building is not just a toolkit.
但你们所构建的不仅仅是工具包。
You will be building a person, and you will be doing it for people.
你将塑造一个人,而且你将为人们做到这一点。
When I asked you what you did at MIT, you said you built.
当我问你在麻省理工学院做了什么,你说你建造了东西。
But when I asked you what was giving you hope, you did not say buildings.
但当我问你们什么给你们带来希望时,你们并没有说是一些建筑物。
You said, people.
你说,人们。
So to the graduating Class of 2025, go forth for yourself, for others, and for this beautiful, bizarre world.
所以,致2025届的全体毕业生,为了你们自己,为了他人,也为了这个美丽而奇特的世界,前程似锦。
Thank you.
谢谢
来源:英语东